Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mickyblueeyes

Kramaric

Have you people even seen the chipped shot? From that angle, any shot he chose it would have been difficult to score from ffs. He was nearly at the corner of the box lol

I think everyone is suggesting how poor of an attempt it was. Although there was better shooting options to take rather than attempting a lob from so far out- obviously this is something he tried a few times last season that was ridiculous decisions too.

If it was at such a distance and at an angle with Adrian not too far off his line, do you think this was the best choice to make?

I've always said there is something there... but currently the issues are vastly outweighing any positives. I find it amazing people are willing to excuse some players, but others get absolutely roasted. Can people hand on heart really say he's offered anything more than Nugent?

People still saying he'll be a goal machine and he's the head and shoulders the best ability wise. It's time to prove it I'm afraid. He's had three lovely finishes since he's been here. But the amount of piss easy chances missed, or the amount of shots ballooned over the bar from 18 yards are stacking up to Nugent type levels.

I'm happy to give him time, what cheeses me off more than anything is people constantly calling for him to be in the team when he's done nothing to warrant it. When he gets a chance he needs to take it, Leo was so much better than him last night it's untrue. That was a performance of someone wanting his shirt back.

Great post.

This is what I've been saying too and especially about the roasting of other players and giving him excuses

Have you people even seen the chipped shot? From that angle, any shot he chose it would have been difficult to score from ffs. He was nearly at the corner of the box lol

He was through one on one. It was a sitter and an absolutely woeful effort after he'd done brilliantly to slip through. Obviously Mahrez and Schlupp were just as guilty of wasting good chances, but they have contributed a lot already this season.

We need someone ruthless up front, not someone who pisses up easy chances. Kramaric will know he didn't play himself closer to the first team, especially as Ulloa was outstanding by comparison, and will rightly be disappointed.

I think he's head and shoulders above Nugent in terms of ability and potential. I'm not clamouring for him to be in the team- he doesn't deserve it because Ulloa, Vardy and possibly Okasaki (who I've been disappointed in) are all playing better than he is. I just don't like seeing him being written off completely. Arsenal away last season showed me this guy can play. I also don't think Pearson would have spent that much on a player who wasn't going to be good enough. I think he'll get his chance this season through injury or suspension eventually. Hope he takes it.

I've not written him off completely, but I'm also not going to make excuses for poor performance. So many people have put it down to confidence... well... his performances were the same last year when he should have been full of confidence then.

The lad badly needs to start taking his chances when they come along, it's difficult when you're only getting cup games of course.

My favourite subject at the moment.  People seem pretty split on whether this boy will make it for us.  If you ignore all the comments like ...  he's technically very good, but ...  Chelsea wanted him !!  (wow) ....  we paid a lot for him ... he needs a bit of confidence ...   Vardy took a while ....  he needs more playing time ...   Croation fans say he's brilliant ! .....  etc etc etc ....   At the moment he just ain't cutting the mustard ...  ie  He cant find the net !!!    How much longer do we make excuses and keep giving him chances ...   when he plays IMO a better player isn't in the team and one day that could cost us.  Get him out on loan and lets see what happens ...   he may come good he may not but at least we will know.  If the team he goes to likes him we might even consider selling if he's not good enough for us (or more likely doesn't fit into the way we play) and we could use the money to buy another striker ....     like that old crock who keeps banging them in in the Championship ....    whats his name again ...

Young, good-looking, foreign, big money. I think people are desperate for him to do well. But we said when he signed that the Croatian league is about the level of evo-stik and he's really done nothing in 8 months (and plenty of playing time) to suggest he deserves a first team place. Ulloa is a better finisher, Okazaki's workrate is more useful in the number 10 role. Even Dodoo is arguably ahead of him at the moment.

What he's trying to say is that Vardy wasn't brilliant to start with but look at him now !!!   Therefore, and bear with me on this , ....   Kramaric will be exactly the same !!!

You do ask some silly questions Mr B ...   :)

Vardy also had the benefit of "growing" with the team, starting in the Championship. Under the tutelage of a rather apt mentor.

Kramaric to me looks and plays like a footballer who's currently caught in no-man's land. I'd love him to see more minutes, but if he can't cut it at the moment and puts in half-arsed performances like yesterday (both equally brilliant AND frustrating to watch), then he needs stability, control and reassurance someplace else for a while.

He was through one on one. It was a sitter and an absolutely woeful effort after he'd done brilliantly to slip through. Obviously Mahrez and Schlupp were just as guilty of wasting good chances, but they have contributed a lot already this season.

We need someone ruthless up front, not someone who pisses up easy chances. Kramaric will know he didn't play himself closer to the first team, especially as Ulloa was outstanding by comparison, and will rightly be disappointed.

this

exactly the same things were said about vardy..ffs give the lad a break..

I know what your saying but there is a split of opinion about Kram at the minute.

I think Vardys situation was slightly different, I know he was getting more game time and the standard wasn't as great in the championship but Vardy was always willing to put the work in and looked as if he had something about him, his problem was he needed to develop physically and fit into a role that suited him. We can't expect Kram to come in and do the same job as Vardy cause their different players.

If you look at Krams supponsingly style of play he likes to play behind the forward or on the wing. He has played out wide for us and given very little, he likes to attack balls such as crosses etc, already posted on here was an example of last night when he played a ball out to Albrighton who crossed the ball with Kram failing to get into the box for the cross and looking uninterested?

From what I've seen of Kram I can't justify what would even warrant him a place on the bench and his reported club record fee unfortunately. His positioning is poor, his decisions are poor and I fail to think what he brings at the minute. Maybe a loan spell might be the right solution to get him playing at a better standard because let's be honest he was scoring goals in a very poor standard league prior to joining us.

Everyone is saying that Pearson wouldn't of signed him if he weren't good enough and that Chelsea was after him. Of course they were reports and would be clearly obvious he was years away from the first team and unfortunately managers don't always sign the right players (look at how much shit fergie bought to the good players he signed too), obviously there must of been a reason he didn't get too much of a look in last season, featured little so far with a new manager with an academy product picked in front of him.

I just haven't seen anything in him currently that excited me or makes me want to justify his performances in a Leicester shirt?

Maybe you could give some examples from what you've seen that may convince me?

exactly the same things were said about vardy..ffs give the lad a break..

Vardy got absolutely slaughtered by most people, so no the situations aren't comparable at all. Because Kramaric isn't getting slaughtered, people are constantly excusing him and asking for him to be in the team.  Which goes back to my point about why some players are treated differently.

Young, good-looking, foreign, big money. I think people are desperate for him to do well. But we said when he signed that the Croatian league is about the level of evo-stik and he's really done nothing in 8 months (and plenty of playing time) to suggest he deserves a first team place. Ulloa is a better finisher, Okazaki's workrate is more useful in the number 10 role. Even Dodoo is arguably ahead of him at the moment.

lol

I found it weird how quickly Kevin Philips touted him as 'one for next season'. Be very surprised if we'd purchased him in Jan, at the foot of the table for a large sum, with this season in mind. Wonder if he didn't seem as good as the scouts thought?

I totally accept that he hasn't been quite good enough so far. But look at his game time. It is negligible. Anybody know how many games he has ever started in a row? Can't be more than about 3. Right now Vardy is the only undroppable striker, think it could be a perfect opportunity to get Kram some minutes. He has some absolutely class touches, dribbles and even passes, but he just looks like he is trying to do too much. I genuinely believe he is quality but he needs to be told he is getting a run in the team so he can calm down and play without worrying that he has to do something special or he'll be out the squad again.

I would still start Okazaki on saturday though, just think there is room to involve Kram a bit more in the coming weeks.

I totally accept that he hasn't been quite good enough so far. But look at his game time. It is negligible. Anybody know how many games he has ever started in a row? Can't be more than about 3. Right now Vardy is the only undroppable striker, think it could be a perfect opportunity to get Kram some minutes. He has some absolutely class touches, dribbles and even passes, but he just looks like he is trying to do too much. I genuinely believe he is quality but he needs to be told he is getting a run in the team so he can calm down and play without worrying that he has to do something special or he'll be out the squad again.

I would still start Okazaki on saturday though, just think there is room to involve Kram a bit more in the coming weeks.

Pretty much this.

It's embarrassing how critical some of you are of Kramaric. For large parts last night I thought he played reasonably well.

He's got a fantastic touch is clearly technically gifted. Bare in mind also that he's only played minutes against bury before last night (where he scored incidentally).

If we were going to play him or Okazaki as a smaller option alongside Vardy then I'd pick him. He needs confidence and that'll only happen through playing.

Also to suggest he should be in the championship is daft. There'll be top flight interest in England and Europe I'm sure if he's available to go our of loan.

I might be being overly optimistic here but I think given a couple of starts we would see results from him.

Also some people on here need to give their heads a wobble. Just over a month ago before the season opener I lost count of the amount of people saying he'd score 10-15 league goals etc and would be immense for us.

He still has that potential and I'm sure we'll see it when he plays a bit more

I would like to see him play alongside Vardy. I still think he is our most gifted striker we have. give him regular games and with the pace we have in the team he would get a few goals for us.

Dodoo was rubbish! No way should he be ahead of Kramaric

Scores when hes rubbish. Imagine when he's good

Archived