Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mickyblueeyes

Kramaric

The number of people writing Kramaric off seems to be growing.

He hasn't really been given an opportunity to shine since signing so far. Unfortunately for him his arrival in January coincided with our woeful run and the games he started he was often the lone striker completely isolated, we weren't having much possession to supply him with anything but scraps at best, isolated scraps.

His first seven appearances for us in the Premier League were two 1-0 home defeats (Stoke, Palace) and the 0-0 at home to Hull, along with away games at Man City (0-2), Man United (1-3), Everton (2-2), and Arsenal away where he scored and in all fairness should have scored a second.

Of course our all out winning run at the end of the season was when Pearson changed tactics and Ulloa and Vardy were the front two, Kramaric was taken out of the side. Perhaps he would have bagged a few more goals had he been in the side during the winning run, justifying his price a bit more and gaining personal confidence and that of the fans. He was thrown in at the Premier League deep end into a side losing nearly every week operating as the lone striker, if anything he did well just to get a goal at Arsenal.

This year he's scored at Bury and should have scored against West Ham and probably Arsenal in his substitute appearance. However his confidence must be low, he needs game time to gain confidence and get into his stride. Whether he will get game time with the superb form of Vardy and persistence/determination of Okazaki remains to be seen, but he certainly should not be written off.

Look how far Vardy has come for evidence of the benefits of game time/experience in the Premier League.

Kramaric has massive potential, he's still only 24. When Vardy was his age he was playing for Fleetwood. He should be supported now by all the fans and hopefully he too will fulfil his potential.

DITTO..

Plus we need a choice of quality up front, the same with Ulloa.

These 2 will have their chances and their day.

He was pretty much a lone striker at Arsenal and was fantastic

He had a great game that day,but like in the West Ham game was far to casual in front of goal and being 2-1 down at Arsenal and beating West Ham 1-0 tries to dink it over the keeper,I feel he had great potential but needs to be more ruthless I front of goal,trying to be casual in games isn't going to get him in the starting 11

Looks pretty divided with Frank to be and maddog both getting rep points for their different views ....   and in some ways they could both be right (panic buy, yes, give him time he may come good, yes).   But either way I think we need someone now to bolster our attack,  and we should be looking out for in-form strikers ....   there must be some in the Championship we could snaffle when the next window opens ...

Looks pretty divided with Frank to be and maddog both getting rep points for their different views ....   and in some ways they could both be right (panic buy, yes, give him time he may come good, yes).   But either way I think we need someone now to bolster our attack,  and we should be looking out for in-form strikers ....   there must be some in the Championship we could snaffle when the next window opens ...

David Nugent? I hear he's pretty good

You don't have to swap him, and maybe if "we give him time " Kramaric will improve and justify his (large) fee, but in the meantime he isn't getting much of a look in because when he does play he is poor (sorry but he is).  Ulloa isn't in because the Vardy and Okazaki partnership is working and suits our play, but when he does come on, apart from being a little rusty , he does well.   IF, though,  anything happened to either Vardy or Okazaki, then Ulloa would come in and we would not have a Plan B.   Imo we must have a bit more strength in depth up front and as I said should be looking for another forward .....   I'm sure with our scouting system (don't we have two at the moment) there must be someone out there who is cracking them in and wants to join a Top 5 Premiere League team !?! ....   I'm no scout but Austin (or to a lesser degree Rhodes) would do for me right now.  Over the course of the season the performance of the team will depend on the quality of the squad.....   and at the moment Kramaric is not adding to its value and is therefore a weakness.  We are, in effect, gambling that he will "come good" before he is needed.

:nigel:    :nigel:    :nigel:

Let the lad go out on loan till Christmas to a side that plays football and let him tear the Championship up then re evaluate the situation. He isnt going to improve playing under 21 football and wont be making the team unless a succession of injuries occur which we could then recall him anyway, win win!

What do you reckon Kasper........ :schmike:

You don't have to swap him, and maybe if "we give him time " Kramaric will improve and justify his (large) fee, but in the meantime he isn't getting much of a look in because when he does play he is poor (sorry but he is).  Ulloa isn't in because the Vardy and Okazaki partnership is working and suits our play, but when he does come on, apart from being a little rusty , he does well.   IF, though,  anything happened to either Vardy or Okazaki, then Ulloa would come in and we would not have a Plan B.   Imo we must have a bit more strength in depth up front and as I said should be looking for another forward .....   I'm sure with our scouting system (don't we have two at the moment) there must be someone out there who is cracking them in and wants to join a Top 5 Premiere League team !?! ....   I'm no scout but Austin (or to a lesser degree Rhodes) would do for me right now.  Over the course of the season the performance of the team will depend on the quality of the squad.....   and at the moment Kramaric is not adding to its value and is therefore a weakness.  We are, in effect, gambling that he will "come good" before he is needed.

Good post, with interesting points.However I do believe we or better said Claudio do have Plans B and C.So far not needed

to show our cards, other than the Mahrez suprise, in front 5, and Simpson and Fuchs in defensive 4, so plans and ideas, are ready to be leashed.With Autumn now on us, nearing the 10 game mark, injuries will happen.

Kramaric and Ulloa will play their part.Plus we havent yet seen Okazaki in his midfield role. Schlupp can play across the front,

Dyer Marez, Albrighton can move around the front 5.

I would of gone for Austin, he would of hit the ground running.....but now instead of whom??

:nigel:    :nigel:    :nigel:

I would of gone for Austin, he would of hit the ground running.....but now instead of whom??

Instead of Kramaric ....  Cup games and impact sub, or, when others need a rest through injury or loss of form.  Kram can go on loan and with regular football show us exactly how good (or not) he is.

Instead of Kramaric ....  Cup games and impact sub, or, when others need a rest through injury or loss of form.  Kram can go on loan and with regular football show us exactly how good (or not) he is.

Sorry but I must jump in here...

It's "I would HAVE gone for Austin, he would HAVE hit the ground running" …FFS, any more of this shyte grammar and I'm off...

It's "I would HAVE gone for Austin, he would HAVE hit the ground running" …FFS, any more of this shyte grammar and I'm off...

You should get together with High Peake Fox. You two would have a fun time together lol

#grammarnazis

Kudos to the guy for the correct use of 'whom'.

If it continues like this, then a loan to a Championship club is surely best for all involved. We get to see how he performs in a tough english league and he gets some valuable game time. If he can score goals in the championship, then he is worth holding on to for now.

your off were?

back to Bentleys Roof where there's a much better class of person… HAVE and OF are 2 totally different words FFS.

Where's grammatically correct Cuntry Fox when you need him..?!

Archived