Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

West Ham away.. Pre match

Why? Most would see a point as an excellent result.

Nobody wants to go all the way down to London to watch a goalless bore draw.

0-0 at a club who finished in the bottom half last season is hardly an 'excellent' result.

No same here...going back many years actually. I've never seen us beat the hammers at their place. Now called the Boleyn?

It's always been called the Boleyn as long as I remember, Upton Park is its colloquial name.

Anyone who intends on sitting, please stay at home.

Although standing evidently leads to a better atmosphere, surely telling people 'not to come' is a bit harsh. There are likely to be hundreds of people who physically don't have the capability to stand for 90 minutes, and if they've paid for a seat then surely they can sit down?

Despite being born in the smoke, one of my least visited away venues. Don't know why really.

Only been three times: 1971, 1-1 Cross's late equaliser, then a few years later in the decade another 1-1 draw but no recollection whatsoever. Then the 1-0 win in 2000.

So some fans have never seen us win there, I have never seen us lose, hope this trend continues Saturday!

Although standing evidently leads to a better atmosphere, surely telling people 'not to come' is a bit harsh. There are likely to be hundreds of people who physically don't have the capability to stand for 90 minutes, and if they've paid for a seat then surely they can sit down?

100s of people out of only 3,000 don't have the capability to stand? Don't be silly, most people that dont stand in our ends are choosing to sit down.

Most clubs seem to be able to cope with 100% standing at every away game, why we can't is incredible and a tad embarrassing when League one clubs are capable of a standing away end.

Can't wait for them to move to the Olympic Stadium. We can't have a worse record there than we do at their current ground.

I'd take 0-0 right now. Their result at Arsenal will really have them full of confidence. Can't see much beyond our usual defeat I'm afraid. We will need to be much better at the back than we were against Sunderland where our midfield left the defence quite exposed at times in the second half.

Leicester will arrive at Upton Park full of confidence after an “on fire” performance against Sunderland last weekend.

Boss Slaven Bilic watched their 4-2 victory over Sunderland  and believes the Hammers have the firepower to derail the Foxes at the Boleyn. He said: “They are confident, but also we are confident after a good result last week.

“We are playing at home, we know it will be hard, because every Premier League team is hard. But we will try to win again, of course.”

Describing Foxes boss Claudio Ranieri as a great manager, Bilic added: “He has a lot of experience and success. That isn’t going to change the way they are playing.

“They can change 10%, he can change the formations, he can tell them to wait a little bit or press us even higher than they did against Sunderland. But he cannot change the DNA of the players; he cannot change their qualities or weakness, no matter how much he tinkers.

“They are on fire, they scored four goals, they just continue to play the way they finished the end of last season. They are very good at pressing, they react well when they win the ball.

“They have a good delivery from both sides and look dangerous from set pieces. You don’t have to be sloppy for them to punish you, but if you are then you have absolutely no chance against them. We have to be prepared and stop them.”

Archived