Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

West Ham away.. Pre match

Just go at the Hammers from the start..... If we can get some early goals?.. the game's ours for the taking!!! Yes our back line didn't fair well under pressure from the Black Cats, but I wouldn't change much for West Ham. Don't give them to much respect... Yes they beat Arsenal, but Arsenal were poor and made West Ham look good.

3-1 to the mighty City!!!!

Feels like Ranieri brings a lot of positive energy to the table. Praises all of the players.. I read today that he's very satisfied with Kramaric and told him to dribble and shoot whenever he gets the chance

That means stop all the silly stepovrs for ffs I think

Nobody wants to go all the way down to London to watch a goalless bore draw.

0-0 at a club who finished in the bottom half last season is hardly an 'excellent' result.

Oh sorry forgot that all 0-0 draws are boring,will remember in future.

A point at a ground we usually get nothing against a team that won at Arsenal last week I believe would be excellent.

Ps I am going all the way to London and will be delighted to leave with a point as all my previous trips to Upton Park have yielded nothing.

Would take a draw here simply because we have won at West Ham once in about 50 years or something. Got no confidence of a result if we play 4-4-2 because I think our defence would be exploited so hopefully a 3-5-2 will be how we line up. 

My main change from last week would be for Wasilewski to return in place of De Laet. I would also be happy to see Kante come in because I believe he would add some extra steel in front of the defence. Okazaki did ok last week but I'm not too fussed if he is dropped given our other forward options. 

It's quite exciting not knowing what formation we're going to be playing from one game to the next, particularly as we appear to have stumbled on a couple we're quite good at in the 4-4-1-1 and the 3-4-1-2.

We never beat them there, it's written in football law that we lose away to a West Ham. I suppose it has to change it some point... Doesn't it?

Be interesting to see how we react if we don't get on the score sheet early or go behind. Our tactic seems to be blitz people in the first 20!

Benalouane looks like a walking red-card from that U21 match. Would rather de Laet start in the back three, or Was.

Yeah early impressions from Sat are that he's not very disciplined - rash and oft out of position. Think he'd be a massive gamble, especially this early. Would prefer Was for sure.  

Oh sorry forgot that all 0-0 draws are boring,will remember in future.

A point at a ground we usually get nothing against a team that won at Arsenal last week I believe would be excellent.

Ps I am going all the way to London and will be delighted to leave with a point as all my previous trips to Upton Park have yielded nothing.

So because they beat Arsenal they are world beaters? Or maybe they just put in a good away performance on the day when the goalkeeper dropped two clangers.

A draw at Arsenal would be an excellent result, a draw at West Ham, an average side, would be an ok result. These are the sorts of away games we would like to pick up some points from. We shouldn't be going there thinking we'd be lucky to get anything. 

If we feel great about a 0-0 at West Ham what would that say about the rest of our season? Yeh, it would suggest a season where we didn't have many good results. If we want to be a competitive side then 0-0 draws at average sides are not excellent results, they're ok results.

Yeah early impressions from Sat are that he's not very disciplined - rash and oft out of position. Think he'd be a massive gamble, especially this early. Would prefer Was for sure.

Pretty sure I seen a stat that said in 10 games last season he got 7 yellows and a red

Merson has said that we'll take this 2-1. As much as I think the guy's thicker than two planks, he seems to have a weird soft spot for us.

Be interested to see how many points his predictions would get us each season. Last year he was practically the only pundit to back us to stay up, even before the West Ham game.

I think we'll draw this - first goal from a corner, Huth or Morgan rising to it, their equaliser a scrappy goal-mouth scramble.

Same formation, same approach. 

Archived