Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

Jamie Vardy

No, you're right. It's not quite the same. The video still makes it sound like he's using it quite aggressively. He's not happy with whoever he's talking to.

Would you really say 'yo, black' or 'yo, Jap' to refer to someone, even if it is descriptive?

No you wouldn't use that term

Just say oi cvnt **** off but why the constant jap jap thing.

Any response from Vardy about this?

Did it just come out this morning?

Yeah me. But if you look back at my post it wasn't racist at all, it wasn't intended to be.

I just don't get why people still feel the need to refer to people's race with potentially offensive slang terms. You know his name, why not use it?

You don't call Morgan 'the resta' or Vardy 'the convict' or Huth 'the kraut'. It's just ignorant and disrespectful in my book.

Difference between what Vardy did and what  the others did in Thailand, is the Thailand 3 were representing the club Vardy isn't he is outside of the clubs jurisdiction when out at night.

They represent the club everywhere.

No, you're right. It's not quite the same. The video still makes it sound like he's using it quite aggressively. He's not happy with whoever he's talking to.

Would you really say 'yo, black' or 'yo, Jap' to refer to someone, even if it is descriptive?

You must be a saint because you're always on your high horse over something.

If anything needs to be addressed it's alcohol abuse and the effect this has on people.

Not condoning this but people are overreacting here. Terry and Suarez were guilty of (much worse) racism and neither were sacked by their clubs. The 3 stooges sacking wasn't just about the racist slur it was the fact it was in Thailand and embarrassing for the owners plus the players were dispensable. We are not going to sack our best striker!

Was the consensus not that Terry and Suarez are c***s, Chelsea and Liverpool fans defending them are morons and the clubs should be condemned for supporting them? Or am I misremembering those incidents?

I do think it's a bit simplistic to put "Jap" on the same scale as "Black" or "Paki".

Any negative connotations towards the word "Jap" I'd have thought arise from a brutal world war fought away from these shores over a 6 year period some 70 years ago.

Black and Sub-Continental Asian people have been subjected to decades of abuse, persecution and discrimination in the UK. As such an understanding of the sensitivity of certain terms has belatedly arisen amongst other cultures in the UK.

None of the words are an acceptable way to address another human being anyway just as a matter of common decency but there is obviously a spectrum of unacceptability here.

Look at the state of him in that video. Acting like he's ****ing Rambo. When he's what 10 stone dripping wet? People need to take the blue tinted spectacles off, if you replaced the word Jap to paki in that video then what?

People can say it's not the same thing but it is, he said it in an intentionally offensive manner.

Credit to De Laet, if it wasn't for him it would be 'Jamie Vardy in racist assault shame'.

Ritchie stopped JV from decking the bloke - then we'd have very serious problem.

This doesn't look good but then The Sun have added some serious journalistic licence here - there's no way you can categorically say he used the term Jap.

You must be a saint because you're always on your high horse over something.

If anything needs to be addressed it's alcohol abuse and the effect this has on people.

Or.

It's that some people like to have a hard earned drink and wind down. A side effect of that is that you might say some silly things in the moment.

There is no racial abuse going on here.

I just don't get why people still feel the need to refer to people's race with potentially offensive slang terms. You know his name, why not use it?

You don't call Morgan 'the resta' or Vardy 'the convict' or Huth 'the kraut'. It's just ignorant and disrespectful in my book.

I can see your point of view but what I'm saying is that it was not racist in anyway.

After the game, walking to my car down Filbert Street I heard a bloke turn around and say to his mate 'Hey the slit eye played well didn't he?' Now that I find offensive.

Look at the state of him in that video. Acting like he's ****ing Rambo. When he's what 10 stone dripping wet? People need to take the blue tinted spectacles off, if you replaced the word Jap to paki in that video then what?

People can say it's not the same thing but it is, he said it in an intentionally offensive manner.

Exactly....and IS that his Mrs smirking throughout anyone know???...Suppose this is what happens when people with little IQs get ALOT of money!!!

No I wouldn't personally as I have an IQ above 100 (hopefully). Plenty of people don't though.

I probably heard the word Jap about 200 times yesterday by people who couldn't pronounce or didn't know Okazaki's name. Whilst debatable about being right or wrong, for me it's really how the word is used. None of the people I heard were meaning to be derogatory when saying it, they were purely using it to be descriptive and are just guilty of perhaps being ignorant but nothing else.

Vardy wasn't running him down because of his race and didn't infer anything bad about him from what I can tell. So for me he's no worse than those mentioned above.

I do think it's a bit simplistic to put "Jap" on the same scale as "Black" or "Paki".

Any negative connotations towards the word "Jap" I'd have thought arise from a brutal world war fought away from these shores over a 6 year period some 70 years ago.

Black and Sub-Continental Asian people have been subjected to decades of abuse, persecution and discrimination in the UK. As such an understanding of the sensitivity of certain terms has belatedly arisen amongst other cultures in the UK.

None of the words are an acceptable way to address another human being anyway just as a matter of common decency but there is obviously a spectrum of unacceptability here.

That's a fair way of looking at things. Maybe it's not racist but it's still stupid, ignorant and probably offensive to a lot of people.

You're one of many missing the point. He's allegedly used an iffy term and a person's race to insult them.

It's more the intent and the fact that he's mentioning their race. I don't know why people find this so hard to grasp.

Jamie Vardy is a dirty, cheat.

Wes Morgan is a dirty, black cheat.

Shinji Okazaki is a dirty, Jap cheat.

All fine according to a lot of people on here. The mind boggles.

How about Wes Morgan is a dirty white cheat.

Yeah and if you replaced the word yo, with c*nt and move with t*at.... he said "C*nt Pa*i Tw*t".

Amount of ignorant ***** on here is ridiculous. Black isn't racist but are you claiming that if someone shouted "**** off, black" to a black guy they weren't being racist?

I called someone out on here yesterday for referring to Okazaki as "the Jap". Some of you are stuck in the 60's.

How many times have the owners been referred to as the "Thais" on here. A shortened version of the same is as jap. I can't see the difference if I'm honest. I'm assuming tens of thousamds of times.

This is just increasingly ridiculous.

The video itself is interestingly edited in anyone but Vardy's favour.

For starters the picture quality is quite poor, and looks like it could quite easily have been cropped (why would a casiono security video cover only part of the table & its customers?).

The sound quality is truly awful, so they've decided to put subtitles over the video, which for me is influencing what people hear.

Why does the video start where it does? It implies that this "incident" is unprovoked, when one could infer that there is much more going on before this video begins.

The Scum really are clutching at straws to make a story out of absolutely nothing.

Interesting that the club haven't commented yet.

No I wouldn't personally as I have an IQ above 100 (hopefully). Plenty of people don't though.

I probably heard the word Jap about 200 times yesterday by people who couldn't pronounce or didn't know Okazaki's name. Whilst debatable about being right or wrong, for me it's really how the word is used. None of the people I heard were meaning to be derogatory when saying it, they were purely using it to be descriptive and are just guilty of perhaps being ignorant but nothing else.

Vardy wasn't running him down because of his race and didn't infer anything bad about him from what I can tell. So for me he's no worse than those mentioned above.

Fair enough. ttfn has rounded it up nicely. Still disappointing to see that behaviour though.

yeah an if you replaced verbal assault with murder it'd be worse too but that didn't happen either so kinda irrelevant

Archived