Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Vardy and England

I love the bit when Kante joins the huddle and sticks his head under so he can be right in the middle.  :D

Not to piss on the parade, but you can clearly see DD shouting something to Riyad looking rather displeased and Vardy hanging around in the back looking perplexed about Riyad holding the ball.

He's clearly not thought about 'giving' Vardy the penalty, but felt pressured into doing so.

The players and CR have since come out an praised Mahrez to 'make up for it', but it doesn't look like it came from within.

Has Mahrez himself actually commented on the incident?

Everybody is raving about how Mahrez let Vardy take it. When Mahrez first picked the ball up he said to Vardy that he was taking it. Thats when the crowd started chanting for Vardy to take it. I was Row B in the Kop and you could see Vardy was annoyed that Mahrez didnt give it to him.  

As far as im concerned it was the crowd that forced Mahrez's hand. Although if we werent winning at the time i reckon Mahrez would have taken it. He must have been a bit gutted himself as he is also in great form and would want to add to his tally. It will be interesting to see if we get another penalty against Newcastle whether the same thing happens.

Didn't one of the players come out and say as much? If Vardy hasn't scored yet in the game and a penalty is given, you can bet he's going to take it. It will be Mahrez if Vardy has already scored.

Not to piss on the parade, but you can clearly see DD shouting something to Riyad looking rather displeased and Vardy hanging around in the back looking perplexed about Riyad holding the ball.

He's clearly not thought about 'giving' Vardy the penalty, but felt pressured into doing so.

The players and CR have since come out an praised Mahrez to 'make up for it', but it doesn't look like it came from within.

Has Mahrez himself actually commented on the incident?

TBF Mahrez is the penalty taker and he wants to score and wants to win. Single mindedness is a great trait in a player.

So I'm glad he really wanted it, and I'm glad he decided (with encouragement, but still) to give his teammate a shot at history. The hug afterwards seemed very genuine.

£65 is the most expensive ticket.

In the family enclosure its £20 adult and £10 children. Everywhere else the tickets range from £35-£65.

Unless the £65 tickets are all thats left.

Yeah only £65 tickets  left, I  was tempted until Roy started banging on about Vardy being lucky and now he is a doubt I am doubly glad for it.

TBF Mahrez is the penalty taker and he wants to score and wants to win. Single mindedness is a great trait in a player.

So I'm glad he really wanted it, and I'm glad he decided (with encouragement, but still) to give his teammate a shot at history. The hug afterwards seemed very genuine.

The Guardian podcast made an interesting point about this. It is not just a goal to add to Mahrez's tally but that he would be on a goal bonus too.

That gesture could have cost him a few grand.

I  also wonder if he would have given it to Vardy had it been him and not Vardy who had been taken out.

I'm sure Vardy can shove him his goal bonus if it's that important, I'd hope not though.

On this subject if Vardy is anything less than 100% I don't want to see him out there tomorrow, I don't want our players coming back from international duty broken.

Wish Rooney would retire from internationals.

It has been quite boring, since 2004, in the level of expectation/hype that has been on him - and yet he hasn't achieved much.

Favourism can only take you so far, and I think this has been Roy's weakness (especially upfront).

After his slip, he didn't run around as much as he usually does, so I thought he might have hurt himself a bit. I was hoping he was being careful, then he got the chance and it looked like he was OK, but adrenalin can do wonders for pain and he isn't the type to show his is hurt. Lets hope he will be 100% fit for Newcastle.

It's depressing that Roy said Rooney will automatically start against France.

No such assertion when it comes to Vardz.

What right does Rooney have to force such a start because it's certainly not form??

It's a very sad time to be an England fan even if vardy didn't exist.

Roy is a wankker.

Archived