Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Vardy and England

Fabian Delph and Phil Jones starting tonight. Must be down to their excellent recent form.........oh.

What have they actually done to merit a call up, let alone a start. England and Woy are a joke.

I thought it was supposed to be an experimental team tonight?

I thought it was supposed to be an experimental team tonight?

Nah. We've already decided on exactly the same system we played in Brazil because of how much better than Slovenia and Lithuania it made us.

We are going nowhere under this clown.

Look at our midfield against that Spain midfield. Embarrassing. Forget trying to control possession here.

Leicester way ... we need to play it

Nah. We've already decided on exactly the same system we played in Brazil because of how much better than Slovenia and Lithuania it made us.

We are going nowhere under this clown.

Switzerland would have been a challenge for us then, yep forget about the other team that qualified comfortably in our group

Is it only me that sometimes thinks that Roy's hands might be tied a little. Perhaps it might be sponsors that are the reason why players like Rooney always start even when they're absolutely awful. He's still a huge name and a global brand, whether he's playing sh1t or not.

I agree with that. Hodgson doesn't seem the sort who would kick off over something like that, hence why he gets the job. I don't like Redknapp but I don't think he'd have stood for it.

As for this game. My god it's bad. It really does hit home after watching Leicester this season how dull England, and international football really has turned.

How can we be so shit at playing counter attacking football considering the amount of fast players we have

Because Hodgson hasn't actually thought about it enough. He's instructed a rigid deep shape, but the problem with that is that Sterling gets sucked into defensive duty, meaning out pace is too far back - and Kane is largely isolated. Barkley is probably a better 10 when we're set out to be n attacking threat.

2 instructions would see us in a much better light - 1.) get that defensive line up, they're so deep, yet you're playing against Costa - why conceded space in front of you, Spain's strength, when they don't have much pace up top? 2.) let Sterling cheat and stay forward in the left wing position. It then gives Spain's right back a decision to make (Barkley filters back as a defensive shield). It should give us a better out ball too.

Archived