Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Vardy and England

Probably gonna get slated for this but again I'd be very happy if Vards didn't feature for England this weekend. I think he's got a niggling injury, and could really do with a rest rather than playing in some bloody International friendly.

I think it's based also on I don't really give much of a shite about the International side at present. I'm no big fan of Hodgson's style of football, and don't want to see the Prem top striker being stuck out on the wing and all that nonsense.

Again, I'd rather him rest and be fresh for us if I'm honest.

100% agree! Watching England is dire. No passion, excitement or desire. All the things Vardy has in abundance. If he plays and gets injured it will be a disaster. Also, I shudder and hate the thought of him being brainwashed listening to Hogdson and playing Hodgson's tactics and utterly boring football. 

That's a shame, don't care about all this negativity of where he gets played, it's always good to see a Leicester player playing for England. Let's hope he's fit for the France game.

I thought that would be the case but my opinion has changed. Anyone with a brain and eyes knows he should be starting for England now. I take more pride in the fact I'd fancy Leicester to beat England.

I thought that would be the case but my opinion has changed. Anyone with a brain and eyes knows he should be starting for England now. I take more pride in the fact I'd fancy Leicester to beat England.

Hahahaa don't get me wrong it's a farce if he keeps getting played on the wing or doesn't get picked but I still would rather see him play for England than not do. I obviously want him fit for our next game and every game for us and wouldn't want to jeopardise that but I still want to see him in the side for these two big games. I'm convinced he'll score.

This, takes the decision out of his hands and along with Rooney being a doubt means he can play it nice and safe, and play the media darlings Kane and Barkley. Bin. 

Barkley has been mustard this season so a bit unfair. He deserves to have a team built around him right now.

Barkley has been mustard this season so a bit unfair. He deserves to have a team built around him right now.

I've watched him in only 3 games this season , 1 was poor, 1 was decent and the other just okay. He must have been very good in the others.

I've watched him in only 3 games this season , 1 was poor, 1 was decent and the other just okay. He must have been very good in the others.

If he can polish up his passing in the final third then he could be a world beater. It's a big year for him as he was dog mess last season by his standards.

I love the bit when Kante joins the huddle and sticks his head under so he can be right in the middle.  :D

Drinkwater definitely says something to mahrez to make him change his mind about taking pen

i thought that on saturday and watching this clip confirms it for me, fair play to mahrez in the end

but he definitley didnt look happy

I was even considering buying tickets for the France game, but at £65 a pop I thought better of it.

£65 is the most expensive ticket.

In the family enclosure its £20 adult and £10 children. Everywhere else the tickets range from £35-£65.

Unless the £65 tickets are all thats left.

Would of been interesting to see if we had a game on Saturday if he would of played or not, as I am sure Jamie would of wanted to. Might be a blessing that its international week. If he isn't fit England wont risk him as they would get battered in the press. Can see a 15 minute cameo on Tuesday coming up.

Nowhere enough of a yes man for the FA! I'd love him to be given a chance but he'd never pick the likes of Rooney and co just to please the sponsors

Can you imagine the kinds of wildlife analogy we'd get if he ran England's press conferences? lol Ostrich is the tip of the iceberg...

Would pick a decent side though, and handle the big names... (Rooney->bin)

Drinkwater definitely says something to mahrez to make him change his mind about taking pen

i thought that on saturday and watching this clip confirms it for me, fair play to mahrez in the end

but he definitley didnt look happy

Everybody is raving about how Mahrez let Vardy take it. When Mahrez first picked the ball up he said to Vardy that he was taking it. Thats when the crowd started chanting for Vardy to take it. I was Row B in the Kop and you could see Vardy was annoyed that Mahrez didnt give it to him.  

As far as im concerned it was the crowd that forced Mahrez's hand. Although if we werent winning at the time i reckon Mahrez would have taken it. He must have been a bit gutted himself as he is also in great form and would want to add to his tally. It will be interesting to see if we get another penalty against Newcastle whether the same thing happens.

Archived