Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Vardy and England

Fair shout, but he isn't English, I wouldn't be adverse to it, but I would  prefer an English manager.

As for Pearson, we know he is the best English manager around, but the  FA don't.

Pearson it seemed couldn't deal with the added media attention at a relegation-threatened Premier League club.

He'll be utterly exposed as the national team manager!

As for nationality of the manager, does it actually matter? One of Pochettino's strengths is that he shows a lot of belief in his young (English) players.

Many grow up in multicultural settings and it's probably time the FA embraced this trend.

Pearson it seemed couldn't deal with the added media attention at a relegation-threatened Premier League club.

He'll be utterly exposed as the national team manager!

As for nationality of the manager, does it actually matter? One of Pochettino's strengths is that he shows a lot of belief in his young (English) players.

Many grow up in multicultural settings and it's probably time the FA embraced this trend.

Seeing Pochettino's named bandied around does make sense, but would he leave Spurs for England? He is a man of questionably loyalty, he binned off Saints pretty quickly for Spurs, so maybe the money would persuade him, but could Spurs offer more, not being English he wouldn't be swayed by the honour in the same way.

He is also building something pretty good at Spurs, they have a very good chance of a top 4 finish this year with Chelsea now out the picture, Liverpool still finding their feet, United are on the verge of either an internal meltdown or winning the league in the most boring way possible, Arsenal and Man City seem to be full of fragile players and are in danger of having their title challenge scuppered by injuries.

If Spurs can keep their key players fit, then they could very easily qualify for CL, I can't see MP giving up the chance to lead the team he built in the CL, to look after the uncaring underperforming bunch of misfits that is the England team.

Experienced elder statesman of the international scene, Del Bosque for example, to oversee someone like Neville would be the best we could  hope for. 

Seeing Pochettino's named bandied around does make sense, but would he leave Spurs for England? He is a man of questionably loyalty, he binned off Saints pretty quickly for Spurs, so maybe the money would persuade him, but could Spurs offer more, not being English he wouldn't be swayed by the honour in the same way.

He is also building something pretty good at Spurs, they have a very good chance of a top 4 finish this year with Chelsea now out the picture, Liverpool still finding their feet, United are on the verge of either an internal meltdown or winning the league in the most boring way possible, Arsenal and Man City seem to be full of fragile players and are in danger of having their title challenge scuppered by injuries.

If Spurs can keep their key players fit, then they could very easily qualify for CL, I can't see MP giving up the chance to lead the team he built in the CL, to look after the uncaring underperforming bunch of misfits that is the England team.

Experienced elder statesman of the international scene, Del Bosque for example, to oversee someone like Neville would be the best we could  hope for. 

The lure of success with an England team, a large part of which he knows very well, might weigh in here. 'Nobody' will remember him for achieving a third place and CL qualification with Spurs. He'll be known throughout the world if he won something with England. The stability and familiarity of his system would work well with the current crop of English players and with the young players only getting better/more experienced, this squad has the potential to win a trophy.

It's maybe a long shot, but it's not that outlandish either.

It's a sad state of affairs when we can't decide on a realistic English England manager to replace Hodgson.

As for all this 'yes man' nonsense that we all agree the FA look for, perhaps it's time for a shake up at the FA like the one coming FIFA's way soon.

Someone mentioned a few pages ago about the England team not having a football identity like other, more successful countries. This is something that needs to be addressed as once a particular style is in place, it forms an outline for which manager to hire. Sometimes the best manager is one which 'fits' rather than simply the most successful.

So, out of these English PL managers (Monk, Howe, Pardew, McClaren!, Big Sam), who would be first choice? One thing to be said for Big Sam, his style of play is definitely described as being typically British and he always struck me as quite a humble guy who would play those players that are in form rather than just on reputation.

It's a sad state of affairs when we can't decide on a realistic English England manager to replace Hodgson.

As for all this 'yes man' nonsense that we all agree the FA look for, perhaps it's time for a shake up at the FA like the one coming FIFA's way soon.

Someone mentioned a few pages ago about the England team not having a football identity like other, more successful countries. This is something that needs to be addressed as once a particular style is in place, it forms an outline for which manager to hire. Sometimes the best manager is one which 'fits' rather than simply the most successful.

So, out of these English PL managers (Monk, Howe, Pardew, McClaren!, Big Sam), who would be first choice? One thing to be said for Big Sam, his style of play is definitely described as being typically British and he always struck me as quite a humble guy who would play those players that are in form rather than just on reputation.

Isn't Mike Bassett available? I know he's similar to Woy, but he did get England to the Semi-finals of the world cup before!

Mind you, I'll never forgive him for his Norwich side beating us in the final of The Mr. Clutch Cup!  :D

Isn't Mike Bassett available? I know he's similar to Woy, but he did get England to the Semi-finals of the world cup before!

Mind you, I'll never forgive him for his Norwich side beating us in the final of The Mr. Clutch Cup! :D

lol you can't say he lacks passion.

Milner has just withdrawn from the squad. If Roy names a replacement, could it be Danny Drinkwater?

Although Vardy and Mahrez are taking the headlines, a lot of commentators and pundits are starting to notice Drinkwater.

It absolutely could and absolutely should.

But, I bet it'll be someone like Ryan Mason.

Edit; apparently he's not going to be replaced. What a ****ing joke? Apparently Roy would rather leave that spot than reward someone for good form.

It absolutely could and absolutely should.

But, I bet it'll be someone like Ryan Mason.

Edit; apparently he's not going to be replaced. What a ****ing joke? Apparently Roy would rather leave that spot than reward someone for good form.

I though Andros would be straight in the squad

Couldn't give a toss what country the manager comes from anymore. If we had a wide selection of quality English managers I'd favour the English, but we're barely even ahead of the Jocks in that regard now. My ideal man would be Pochettino but there's no chance of it happening. Could see a lot of people snubbing the notion of England being managed by an Argie as well.

I want Roy gone, and have for ages. Trouble is we just cruised through the Euro qualifier group unbeaten, and so there's little incentive from the FA to give him the boot. That's all well and good until you realise our group was horrendous and we'll get turned over by a half-decent team.

His comments about Vardy "robbing" Kane/Rooney of their spot down the middle and that he should be grateful to play for England regardless pissed me right off. Guy's an idiot and needs to take up a pre-retirement job in Qatar or something.

Isn't it ironic how Hodgson's telling someone else they should be grateful to play for England, after the utterly appalling World Cup he oversaw lol

Vardy put a clause in his contract when joining for a bonus if he made the England team - Steve Walsh on 5 Live

Fair play to Fleetwood.

In my opinion, this demonstrates that people in the game know what they're talking about and can see true talent and potential.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but this was spotted 3 years ago. Shame on some of us for saying let's let him go to West Brom for 5 million.

England are never going to achieve anything with hodgson as manager. Yesterday's man playing yesterday's tactics. Why would you want our players risking their fitness playing for England, given that background. I'd far rather they got some rest. Bad enough that Riyad and Jeff have to travel to Africa each time for two games.

Shearer saying Vardy should start both games up front, he should know. Don't think Roy has the minerals though.

Of course he won't. Poster boy has scored a couple of games now on the bounce and Roonpig actually created a little bit of sweat to score the winner in a CL game last week.

Doesn't matter about Vardy's 12 goals of the season and the fact he's one goal off matching Nistelrooy's PL record. Remember, he should just be 'Happy' to be in the squad.

Archived