Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Yohan Benalouane

We can only judge him on what we see from him and so far it hasn't been good. He's more interested in fouling than playing the ball. Although it was never a penalty today. He needs to up his game.

I can't believe he a Walsh recruit.

Given the league he was is in, and the Italian connection it all points to. A Ranieri signings. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come. Imagine who Pearson could have signed with 5.7 million

We can only judge him on what we see from him and so far it hasn't been good. He's more interested in fouling than playing the ball. Although it was never a penalty today. He needs to up his game.

I can't believe he a Walsh recruit.

I think it all points to a CR signing. Again I hope this isn't a sign of things to come as our transfer policy under NP was exceptional

I think it all points to a CR signing. Again I hope this isn't a sign of things to come as our transfer policy under NP was exceptional

Exactly. Give me the likes of vardy, mahrez and Co any day. Such a shame that NP wasn't given a chance to spend the money..... Just like it was a shame that MON didn't spent the Heskey money. The comparisons between Ranieri and Peter Taylor are uncanny. Both are trying to change from a winning 352 formation, have spent big money, and some of the big money signings do appear a little suspect.

Let's hope things improve

Edited by MONreborn

Exactly. Give me the likes of vardy, mahrez and Co any day. Such a shame that NP wasn't given a chance to spend the money..... Just like it was a shame that MON didn't spent the Heskey money. The comparisons between Ranieri and Peter Taylor are uncanny. Both are trying to change from a winning 352 formation, have spent big money, and some of the big money signings do appear a little suspect.

Let's hope things improve

Hardly... Taylor substituted Heskey for Akinbiyi, Lennon for Junior Lewis, dashed Collymore for Trevor Benjamin, and signed lower league players like Lee Marshall and James Scowcroft (Admittedly was instrumental under Adams in returning to the PL).

Ranieri so far has played a system that his predecessor played for the majority of last season, has replaced Cambiasso with another proven International in Gokhan Inler, and signed a defender who has regularly played in the top flight of Europe's fourth strongest division. I wouldn't exactly say that they resemble each other at all.

Given the league he was is in, and the Italian connection it all points to. A Ranieri signings. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come. Imagine who Pearson could have signed with 5.7 million

Agreed, If this is CR opinion of a good defender then maybe he should leave recruitment to Walsh and the other staff who have proved themselves in recruitment.

He was poor from the off. Everyone was saying he was out of his depth.

Not how I remember it at all, started very well (4 goals in 9... should have been 5 as he had a good header ruled out at Blackburn). He picked up a few knocks and never really looked the same again.

• Like 1

Jimmy Willis, Kaamark, Taggart, Wasyl Savage are just some of the players I remember being roundly slagged off by the faithful when they first arrived for their perceived crapness. How long has this fella been on the pitch - an hour yet? This is almost a record - and for every great signing Walsh has found he has found at least as many who don't make the grade.

He didn't even nearly give that pen away.  Quite clear that Wilson was trying to buy one by deliberately colliding with him.  I think some people are letting their prejudices get the better of them over this one...

True. I think he nearly did because it's the sort of shite that the ref was giving all game, but there's no foul or even attempt at a foul by Benalouane.

So what?  Just some ammo for the CR hunters is it?  He is destabilizing our player acquisitions and scout network is he? What is the point you are making, spell it out.  I bet it is to use when you hope he fails to say see how bad he is and look at who he brought in, right?  

• 2 weeks later...

According to the Austrian press, there was quite a 'celebration' after their 4-1 hammering of Sweden last Wednesday.  The whole Country has gone mental over their success.  Some members of the Austrian squad missed flight connections.  One was certainly left out of a Bundesliga squad over this weekend.  Now I am not saying Fuchs over celebrated, as I have read that.  But the efforts of 2 qualifying matches in 5 days may have taken its toll on Christian.  I was surprised to see Shinji start given his travels over the past week.  Just a thought.

According to the Austrian press, there was quite a 'celebration' after their 4-1 hammering of Sweden last Wednesday.  The whole Country has gone mental over their success.  Some members of the Austrian squad missed flight connections.  One was certainly left out of a Bundesliga squad over this weekend.  Now I am not saying Fuchs over celebrated, as I have read that.  But the efforts of 2 qualifying matches in 5 days may have taken its toll on Christian.  I was surprised to see Shinji start given his travels over the past week.  Just a thought.

That's what made me question it though - Benny had no travelling and no matches so shouldn't be injured/tired etc. Quite strange. I'm not too disappointed from what I've seen so far...bombscare.