Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Yohan Benalouane

That's what made me question it though - Benny had no travelling and no matches so shouldn't be injured/tired etc. Quite strange. I'm not too disappointed from what I've seen so far...bombscare. 

Perhaps they are putting a few of the fringe players on the bench so that they get a chance in the squad.

Gonna be interesting to see who gets the most abuse by the end of the season ....   Benny the Looney or Ritchie (lets blame him) DeLaet.   I like DeL (quick, has the ability but doesn't always show it and can get caught out) and too early to tell about Benny (although so far he looks a little wired) .. IMO.

Didn't win much in the air but against Carroll that's too be expected.

He'd brilliant on the ball though and made plenty of calm, assured tackles.

It's like his twin brother has been playing for the last few games. Lets hope he continues because IMO Huth's place could be up for grabs.

• Like 1

Have to admit, after being pretty negative towards him in the past, he bossed the **** out of that game entirely with Wasil.

Ya he still is a red card waiting to happen. Dont let this game fool ya. That said he did very well today and i am encouraged from what i saw. Lets hope the lad keeps up the good play so he can make me eat my own words.

I think the weakness he has personally is in the way he will follow a forward when they come deep and he will always try to nick the ball with a tackle, or try and get in front of them.

This worries me because i can see him giving away free kicks around the box if he mis-times the tackle, but also in that "all or nothing" approach he has, shutting the ball down so aggressively in that position leaves more space in behind him either for an opposition player to run into, or for the forward themselves to spin in behind him.

So from that perspective, I still think he is somewhat rash in the way he plays.

But on the basis of tonights game, I thought he was very good. Handled his defensive duties mostly very well and looked composed on the ball most of the time. A good outing.