Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Yohan Benalouane

Good to see, struggling to get in but still happy for the team. Just great spirit throughout even with those that aren't getting in

I.noticed that at the end too, he was well happy to come.and congratulate the players even though he didn't get a game

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On the eve of Leicester City’s Barclays Premier League trip to Everton, defender Yohan Benalouane insists that the entire squad remains as focused as ever on securing three points. 

The Foxes have hit the headlines for their blockbuster start to the campaign and while manager Claudio Ranieri is only too happy for the fans to dream, the rhetoric coming from within the squad is about looking no further than the next game. 

That’s a point of view echoed by summer signing Benalouane, who will likely be battling it out with Marcin Wasilewski for a spot in defence alongside Wes Morgan as Robert Huth serves a suspension for picking up five bookings. 

But whoever gets the nod to start at Goodison Park on Saturday, Benalouane knows they will be giving their best to help the team reach their goals.

He told Foxes Player HD: “I think it’s a good moment for the team. It’s very important to be focused for the match. The team is very happy and it’s a very great moment. Everyone enjoys it but it’s important to be focused on the next game. 

“I enjoy all the moments of my new life because I think it’s very good here in England. When you have a good stadium, good supporters, good results and a good group it’s unbelievable. Every day you come to work and it’s funny. You enjoy it and I’m very happy to be here. 

“I’m working very well in training and I hope to play to give my best for this match. So I will work and I will wait. It’s the decision of the boss and I’m very focused for this match.” 

Benalouane also revealed that he’s been working hard off the training pitch to help him settle into his new life in England as he and his some of his team-mates undertake regular English lessons in the classrooms at Belvoir Drive. 

He added: “It’s a funny moment because on Mondays and Thursdays we’ll go into lessons with NG (N’Golo Kanté), [shinji] Okazaki, [Andrej] Kramarić and [Leo] Ulloa. 

“For me it’s more important with people, because when you can’t speak it’s difficult. You stay alone because you can only speak with French players but now I start to speak and I can speak with my team. I’m happy because I’m enjoying it.”

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/benalouane-important-to-remain-focused-2857287.aspx#CxTQyqPe3tLiaIrr.99