Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

For the Barca Subject I would say...

I think if Mahrez join Barca Leicester fans should be proud and am sure they will be supportive as well.

Some say he is not ready yet for barca, maybe the case, but it's the dream of any player to play for Barca (for me the best football team of all time), and play along maybe the best players of all time as well.

+ Mahrez is a Barca fan wondering if he can turn that down if it really comes knocking even if it means he will be watching games from the bench.

Cause I think if you make it to Barca or Real, even if you don't play at first it's not worrisome, cause from there you can go anywhere and play regularly, look at all those before him, Sanches, Ibra, Ronaldinho, Thierry Henry, Ozil, Higuain, Morata, Di-Maria...etc.

having said that, it remains just talks and maybe simply rumours...

What matters now is to focus on the present,

and the present this year at Leicester can be so bright.

So, make sure you finish the season on high note and that's the priority right now.

If you select the worst example of something you can justify any opinion. Hazard's career path is not, in my opinion, a good guide to Mahrez's career path.

Its by far the most relevant example in recent years.

I think if Mahrez join Barca Leicester fans should be proud and am sure they will be supportive as well.

Some say he is not ready yet for barca, maybe the case, but it's the dream of any player to play for Barca (for me the best football team of all time), and play along maybe the best players of all time as well.

+ Mahrez is a Barca fan wondering if he can turn that down if it really comes knocking even if it means he will be watching games from the bench.

Cause I think if you make it to Barca or Real, even if you don't play at first it's not worrisome, cause from there you can go anywhere and play regularly, look at all those before him, Sanches, Ibra, Ronaldinho, Thierry Henry, Ozil, Higuain, Morata, Di-Maria...etc.

So, make sure you finish the season on high note and that's the priority right now.

You might have a point but the clubs that these players went to after Barca are clubs that Mahrez would walk in to right now anyway, he doesn't need a glamour move to Barca to increase his chances. What he needs is a team that revolves around him and he's got that right now, if we win the league and get seeded top for the Champions League then another year with us must be appealing.

I couldn't care less about Mahrez making it anywhere else.  I want him to be doing it for us, the club that I support and love.  The club is changing, we have the finances to keep hold of top players and should be a more attractive draw going forward.  We need players of his standard coming in not selling them to make some money that although is nice, the club is not depending on to survive. 

If he is to go I hope that it's for more than 45m, at once not drawn out over seasons, stinging them on add ons and only once we have someone in place ready to fill the gap.  I can't see them offering big money for a player that they wont get full use of, they already have Turan, Tello and El Haddidi.

If he wants CL football he wont be getting that at Barca unless Messi and Neymar are injured, if he stays with us he'll get several games to show his talent.

Disagree....

Hazard was worth 40 mil last year.....now half of that imo.

I blame competition from apps like 'uber'. Even so - still a killing to be made as a London minicab driver then?

post-22112-0-02131400-1460192080_thumb.j

Would we be getting cL football without Mahrez? And isn't CL footy worth about £50 mill...per season?!

That's the way we need to look at it. Plus any club wanting him (especially with Barca's resources) should be looking to pay above valuation, not bang on. 

I see the opposite argument but he's contracted for 3 more years yet. We're in control of his price tag and should squeeze every penny out of the buying team. IF he goes, that is. 

You can get four good players for ten million which will improve every position with that. I'm sorry but he's only done it for one season and 40 million for one amazing season is good business

That's just so small time.

We could buy 4*£10m players and chances are two of them would be on the bench and weaken the team.

We are now in a position that we've never been before, we're a wealthy club with a massive profile and will be playing CL football next season. There will only be about a dozen or so clubs who are more attractive than us in world football at the moment. We can have our pick of players if these dozen or so clubs don't want them.

Now is the time to try and build and cement us as a big club rather than wet our knickers because someone wants to pay £40m for one of our players, we'll never get a better chance.

If Mahrez throws his dummy out the pram then fair enough and let him get his move but he should be careful what he wishes for. At Leicester he is a hero and plays every week, at a bigger club that won't be the case.

Love the guy...but you've gotta take the £40 mil if we get offered it.

A players value is nothing more then a perspective. Mahrez is probably worth 40 million to Barcelona but he isn't in the last year of his contract which means we hold all the cards. Mahrez's value is what we perceive it to be and since Mahrez is better then Sterling and he went for 50 million then I'd be shocked if we don't value him at around 60 million at least. Midfielders that contribute goals and assists in abundance are expensive, particularly when they play for a Champions League club who also play in one of the big leagues in Europe which the Premier League is. I wouldn't want to stand in Mahrez's way if Barcelona came knocking but they have to show that they really want him and then I'd hold the door open for him and say thank you Riyad and good luck.

We want to see this team (with a few quality additions) make its way in the CL. That includes Riyad.

he is young enough to leave end next season if he wants to go elsewhere but alas, even though he may have no intentions of going this summer, should PSG, RM, BARCA, BM or Juve come knocking, I think he'll find it very difficult to say no.

Whenever I see "raid" in a headline, the story is bullshit.

I think he'll stay and see where we're at in Jan. As long as he doesn't go to another Prem club, because it'd be hard to still love him when he scores a hattrick against us.

I'm sure the amount being banded about for hazard last season was 60m+.... Either way I'm with you I probably would accept 40m for Mahrez as I feel if we were to reject it he'd massively spit the dummy and become a problem, that's just imo, you can see how much his head has been turned since January

I'm sure the amount being banded about for hazard last season was 60m+.... Either way I'm with you I probably would accept 40m for Mahrez as I feel if we were to reject it he'd massively spit the dummy and become a problem, that's just imo, you can see how much his head has been turned since January

No, I haven't seen that. On the contrary, I see in him the humble and shy guy I have always seen.

So finally getting back down to earth but the little cause for concern (and has been for a few games) is Mahrez, he's just not been himself. Granted every player has off days but he's been a bit poor for a few games now (by his standard) we're definitely gonna need him, in the next few games, to be up for it!

So finally getting back down to earth but the little cause for concern (and has been for a few games) is Mahrez, he's just not been himself. Granted every player has off days but he's been a bit poor for a few games now (by his standard) we're definitely gonna need him, in the next few games, to be up for it!

Bit poor ?

By his early season standards he is proper poor at present

Looks to be lacking confidence Lately , I firmly believe he is still a confidence player and until he actually believes he is world class that lack of confidence at times is still holding him back in terms of consistency

Only positive to him playing like this, is we have more chance of hanging on to him another year. Any one scouting the last few games would not be recommending to pay mega bucks for him. I think he will get back to his best in the remaining games. He plays better against the bigger/attacking teams so I think West Ham should suit him more and he will have more time on the ball to work some magic. I think they will be hyping up Mahrez Vs Payet too so would be great if he can put that to bed and out perform him on the day! 

Archived