Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wokinghamfox

Inler

I think Matt Elliott got it right on Radio Leicester.

Inler looks like 'a stroller'.

That gives two problems. Firstly, the Premiership isn't for 'strollers'. Even the best passers of the ball are generally quick, fit players.

Secondly, we aren't a 'strolling' team. We are a team that always look best playing at a high tempo, getting the ball forward quickly and winning midfield battles. We are a decent 'battling' side.

Inler has got to pick up the pace, or he's gone I think. If he can start attuning to our style of play AND the Premiership, he'll be ok.

I think CR is intent on changing how we play, akin to the Italian way slowly but surely  and there's  no doubt that he bought Inler in to progress that unfortunately for many reasons, not just down to Inler we keep going behind thus forcing this high tempo  get up and at em response. 

I hope Inler will come good in time but it's apparent he isn't up to speed at the moment. I don't think it's coincidence that the team has played better when Inler has been taken off - you have to credit Ranieri for making the switch at half-time today and not leaving it until midway though the second half.

He doesn't deserve a place in the team just because he is Switzerland's captain and cost £5m, it's hard to believe but we have a bench now with in excess of £20m worth of players on it nowadays!!

I think CR is intent on changing how we play, akin to the Italian way slowly but surely  and there's  no doubt that he bought Inler in to progress that unfortunately for many reasons, not just down to Inler we keep going behind thus forcing this high tempo  get up and at em response. 

If he's trying to change the way we play, 1) he doesn't have the squad for that, and 2) sack him already.

I want him to come good, I really do, but it is blatantly obvious he doesn't suit us, for a midfielder he can't tackle for toffee, his passing has largely missed the mark too. Our central midfielders  should be N'kante and Drinky, I think he will keep getting picked at the minute as he is a big name, it looks like Ranieri played 4-3-3 today to make sure he could pick him, dropping Albrighton, that is worrying. Let hope he plays against West Ham and has a blinder, he looks low on confidence, that might spark something. Still delighted, but we can't pick him because he is a name, look at QPR last season.

Massively disapointing.

His performances have been poor, but more worryingly for me, he doesn't really seem to be happy to be here. Compare him to the rest of the team and he just doesn't have that buzz around him. RDL is often criticised for poor performances on this forum, but at least his attitude is positive and he is a team player.

I really hope he improves but he shouldn't start ahead of Kante because of his name alone. Some say Cambiasso took a little time to get going but I remember him adapting quickly - he was simply given 45 minute appearances only as it was clear he had no pre-season and was off the pace. And having said that once he got his fitness back, he was averaging 11KM a match - not bad for a 34 year old.

Will give till 2016 to make my mind up as it can take a while to adjust to the Premier League. Even PL stars like Pires, Henry and Hazard did need a full season to adapt. Some really class players never pulled it off! Look at Veron, Forlan, Di Maria etc. All class players but never really did it over here.

Not all transfers work out and if he is a dud, that's a shame but not the end of the world. Maybe we can trade him with Olympuakos to get Cambiasso back!

Giving him time. He's come from a league where the game is played at a different pace.

We have exceptionally high fitness levels compared to most clubs but he's not at his best at the minute and we can't afford to carry him so he shouldn't be playing.

I remember when Albrighton came he was one of the fittest at Villa but was way down the pecking order here.

I was desperate to sign him and Kante reading through the threads during the summer. We needed to strengthen the midfield as we only had our two boys King and Drink. I personally thought Inler would be the better. So on the plus side I am amazed at Kante but I'm sure I saw brief moments of skill were he will pull the ball underneath him and release as the tackles come him giving others time and space. The term dud and utterly f**king dreadful are harsh. We worked very hard to sign this guy and the fact that he is being picked by CR means that a lot of people here are going to have to learn to love him. One midfield long term injury and he may just become the medicine that we all need to swallow.

He has definitely been disappointing, but the pundits who are ex-players at Premiership level (and so clearly have more experience than me) have stated that he's a great buy and could prove better than Cambiasso.

My son commented to me the other day that maybe it is just a need to give him time to adjust, as he is used to the slower paced Italian league where he had more time on the ball.

Maybe he does just need a bit more time. It took Vardy a season to get in tune with the team, Cambiasso (whom I thought was magnificent) took a couple of months to adjust to the level of the other players.

Anyway, maybe cup games and coming on as a sub for now.

I think Matt Elliott got it right on Radio Leicester.

Inler looks like 'a stroller'.

That gives two problems. Firstly, the Premiership isn't for 'strollers'. Even the best passers of the ball are generally quick, fit players.

Secondly, we aren't a 'strolling' team. We are a team that always look best playing at a high tempo, getting the ball forward quickly and winning midfield battles. We are a decent 'battling' side.

Inler has got to pick up the pace, or he's gone I think. If he can start attuning to our style of play AND the Premiership, he'll be ok.

At least people might believe Elliott when they won't believe people on here. I can imagine Inler's style suiting continental football where the sun shines and the idea of running round frantically is just not realistic.

In England it's different. It's bloody cold a lot of the time and people run for fun to keep warm - especially blokes like Vardy who plied their trade in  places where the wind blows in your face whichever way you're playing.

You never say never but I agree with you - I'll be surprised if he ever fits into this very special team of ours.   

Archived