Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wokinghamfox

Inler

I hope Inler hasn't been frozen out, as someone elsewhere suggested.

Same here. It's a bit concerning that he's not been involved for a while.

I did think that maybe there'd been a falling out after he didn't get a move in the window, but if you look at the photos on the official site from training yesterday, he's involved and all smiles.

Don't know how much you can take from that. At least he's been training with the first team and doesn't seem mardy.

Would be nice to see him play tonight, i was thinking we could have used a 3 at the back system to incorporate inler like raniari had previously suggested, but with simpson back in the fold it looks like we'll just do a straight swap for king instead of kante, i suppose he might get a shout off the bench if raniari does decide to tinker!

Lack of game time makes me 'sick' - Inler

Gokhan Inler is far from pleased with his lack of playing time at Leicester City.

This season has proven something of a fairy tale at Leicester City but Gokhan Inler is one player who is not enjoying the ride.

Switzerland captain Inter has struggled for game time during Leicester's dream run which sees the club top the Premier League table with nine matches remaining, boasting a five-point lead over second-placed Tottenham.

But Inler, who signed for leicester from Napoli during the off-season and was initially regarded as something of a coup for the club, has struggled for game time, making just 10 Premier League appearances.

"I had several enquiries in January, but didn't leave as the manager said that he was counting on me," said Inler.

"But there have been no more games for me since then. It makes me sick, and the stupid thing for me is that I have the Euro 2016 finals with Switzerland this summer.

"I am in a critical situation. I usually speak diplomatically, but I have to face up to why things are the way they are.

"There is no point in me trying to sugar-coat the situation.

"I said no to West Ham, Sunderland and Schalke to join Leicester, and I would do the same again.

"I won't run away and give up on the club’s project. I wanted a challenge, and I have got one for sure."

Inler said he had prepared himself mentally for the increased physicality of the English game but was surprised by the speed and went on to admit the form of his team-mates made it hard for him to force his way into the side.

"If you try to play short passes you get two or three opponents pressurising you straight away, and you can't fall over to win free-kicks as the refs tell you to play on," Inler said.

"I got first-team chances last year against Aston Villa and Stoke, but everything was new for me back then and I didn't use them. [Danny] Drinkwater and [N'Golo] Kante have done very well for us.

"We'll need everyone next season - Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez - and myself. I am trying everything to get back into the first team, and I will succeed."

Yes I know it's the Daily sodding Star, but:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/499508/Midfield-maestro-makes-shocking-revelation-Life-at-Leicester-is-making-me-sick

In a way I hope he's true to his word that he's here for the long haul. I think he could be a factor in our Champions League campaign at least.

This is so embarrassing for the Daily Star... they simply copied an article from a Swiss newspaper that appeared on Sunday, trying to make it look like they've got an exclusive interview. Some of it is even taken out of context.

But then again, the Daily Star never had standards...

The quotes aren't exactly copied verbatim from the original in German, but the in general, Inler is indeed straightforward in this piece and acknowledges that he needed time to adapt and underestimated the league (the Swiss journalist talked to Ranieri about what he thought went wrong in Inler's case when he joined last summer and Ranieri confirmed the notion).

I feel for him, he wouldve come here expecting to be a regular first team starter.

Still...He has to accept that he is playing for the best team in england and so doesnt get the playing time he hoped.

perhaps he should go to one of the lower level clubs like Chelsea and Manu to see if he can get some game time.

He seems like a nice guy and a true professional but I don't get people feeling bad for him for being 'frozen out'. Drinkwater, Kante and King have been far better than him and when he's had his chance he just hasn't taken it

This is so embarrassing for the Daily Star... they simply copied an article from a Swiss newspaper that appeared on Sunday, trying to make it look like they've got an exclusive interview. Some of it is even taken out of context.

But then again, the Daily Star never had standards...

The quotes aren't exactly copied verbatim from the original in German, but the in general, Inler is indeed straightforward in this piece and acknowledges that he needed time to adapt and underestimated the league (the Swiss journalist talked to Ranieri about what he thought went wrong in Inler's case when he joined last summer and Ranieri confirmed the notion).

Do you have a link to the original?

He could be an asset next year, but its either him or James. I'd like us to bring in a promising U21, who could be our 6th choice CM.

Doubt either Inler or James will want to be 6th choice. (Kante, DD, King, Amartey, James/Inler). One of James/Inler will be gone in the summer.

Archived