Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wokinghamfox

Inler

Who is "we" - do you talk in first-person plural often? And how do you come to that conclusion?

Besides, the club has never stated they are willing to let him go out on loan.

It's the player himself (through his agent) who has made it clear that in order to maintain his place within the Switzerland setup, he needs more time on the pitch, hence the pondering about a loan move elsewhere.

CR just said in his press conference he will talk to inler about going out on loan

Who is "we" - do you talk in first-person plural often? And how do you come to that conclusion?

Besides, the club has never stated they are willing to let him go out on loan.

It's the player himself (through his agent) who has made it clear that in order to maintain his place within the Switzerland setup, he needs more time on the pitch, hence the pondering about a loan move elsewhere.

CR just said in his press conference he will talk to inler about going out on loan

Needs more time on the pitch, well that's one way of putting it, I would argue as little time on the pitch as possible please, let's face it he has been a massive disappointment and a loan move would surely rubber stamp that sentiment.

Ship him to villa to get valuable match time

I agree. It would mean little to no change in terms of relocation (he could maintain his home in Leics) and travel distance.

However, I can imagine being part of a relegation-bound club won't look too good on his CV, unfortunately. :(

Needs more time on the pitch, well that's one way of putting it, I would argue as little time on the pitch as possible please, let's face it he has been a massive disappointment and a loan move would surely rubber stamp that sentiment.

Such tedious criticism of him. He hasn't played much due to DD & NG form. He's not a bad player and has performed reasonably at times , albeit poorly at times too. He's just different to our others. This argument just seems to go in circles so can't be bothered getting into it again.

But to play as a defensive holding midfielder in a 3 he would be fine for us. Just needs to shift the ball slightly quicker and take his chances when he gets minutes.

But people saying he's crap etc are just daft. He's got fantastic technical ability and has had a great career. He has a very different style to our current midfielders who tend to play 2,3 touch football. Surely just accept that he isn't going to be first choice but don't criticise him for playing occasionally and being a bit rusty.

Such tedious criticism of him. He hasn't played much due to DD & NG form. He's not a bad player and has performed reasonably at times , albeit poorly at times too. He's just different to our others. This argument just seems to go in circles so can't be bothered getting into it again.

But to play as a defensive holding midfielder in a 3 he would be fine for us. Just needs to shift the ball slightly quicker and take his chances when he gets minutes.

But people saying he's crap etc are just daft. He's got fantastic technical ability and has had a great career. He has a very different style to our current midfielders who tend to play 2,3 touch football. Surely just accept that he isn't going to be first choice but don't criticise him for playing occasionally and being a bit rusty.

But you have entered into a 'debate' incidentally not an argument, and funnily enough that's what you do on a platform such as this it's a discussion forum. Have to disagree with your comments about being a holding midfielder he is too slow. 

But you have entered into a 'debate' incidentally not an argument, and funnily enough that's what you do on a platform such as this it's a discussion forum. Have to disagree with your comments about being a holding midfielder he is too slow.

I do sometimes wonder where the 'debate' element tends to go? It's a little like you side with the masses, or you subject yourself to, sometimes, incredible ridicule. And if one starts, another tends to follow etc.

I'm with you on this. I simply don't rate Inler based upon what I've seen of him. Which is all I can go on.

IF he's on pretty big wages, I think he's been a bit of a mistake. That said, the same now seems true of Kramaric who, unless he really kicks on, is going to prove a very expensive flop...most unlike Walsh that. However, I've still got some hope that Kram can turn it around. With Inler, I think you pretty much know what you've got.

I do sometimes wonder where the 'debate' element tends to go? It's a little like you side with the masses, or you subject yourself to, sometimes, incredible ridicule. And if one starts, another tends to follow etc.

I'm with you on this. I simply don't rate Inler based upon what I've seen of him. Which is all I can go on.

IF he's on pretty big wages, I think he's been a bit of a mistake. That said, the same now seems true of Kramaric who, unless he really kicks on, is going to prove a very expensive flop...most unlike Walsh that. However, I've still got some hope that Kram can turn it around. With Inler, I think you pretty much know what you've got.

I'd say that it's okay to not rate him based on what you've seen but it's pathetic to write him off.

I'll be surprised if he's played more than 250 minutes in a City shirt.

good lord please say we don't have to watch this clown plod around the centre circle for 90 mins on sunday

Imagine if he bosses the game, has an assist, scores a worldly, and puts in a MOTM performance. The confusion on here with what to do with him next would be interesting...

I honestly don't know how anyone could rate him in The Premiership. Of course it's disappointing. No-one likes to see a new arrival fall flat. But a holding midfield player? Holding what?

He's not even held his place never mind the ball with any distinction and would be caught in possession as surely as a burglar in a blindfold.

Inler's not a physical footballer. He tries to be elegant. And in the sunshine of the continent he might get time for that.

But not in England. It's so wet here that at least one of our winger's can't stand up at all so there's no future delaying on the ball before letting it go because the only thing you'll get from doing that is athlete's foot and a clattering. 

I'm not going to repeat Inler's shortcomings. If people can't see em, I can only guess they've pinched Rincey's political specs and found them no less selective in football mode.

Kramaric I still don't know. It's likely I've seen more of Lord Lucan and just not realised it, than I have of Kram.

What I'd really like to know is why the club signed him at all.

There are circling clubs who clearly think he's talented, fans who hope he is and are prepared to see anything he does as brilliant and me who can hardly remember a damn thing he's ever done, having presumably missed all the best bits.

So why so little football, I ask?

Is it attitude - or just a quite inexplicable mistake?             

Imagine if he bosses the game, has an assist, scores a worldly, and puts in a MOTM performance. The confusion on here with what to do with him next would be interesting...

Imagine if Rachel turned up in the seat next to mine and invited me to dinner........ :P  :P  :P   

I'd say that it's okay to not rate him based on what you've seen but it's pathetic to write him off.

I'll be surprised if he's played more than 250 minutes in a City shirt.

I just don't think it's even a case of writing him off.

You just know what you are going to get. Or at least, strongly suspect it.

With Inler, you have a player who has touches of class, who given time on the ball, looks like he can pull some strings. He reads the game well and positions himself well.

You also have a player who looks slow (as in physically slow), not particularly strong and who needs a second touch too often for the quickest division on the planet.

He's not overweight (so can't lose weight, making him leaner and quicker) and he's not going to get 'match fit' unless given lots of game time, which I don't think he's going to get here.

Conclusion: decent squad player. I'd be surprised if an awful lot more.

Therefore....the disappointment, for me, is that it appears he's on a biggish salary (i don't have facts, just rumours) AND he signed on the back of being a very accomplished player.. Quality, no less.

Which is not the same as a 'decent squad player'

I honestly don't know how anyone could rate him in The Premiership. Of course it's disappointing. No-one likes to see a new arrival fall flat. But a holding midfield player? Holding what?

He's not even held his place never mind the ball with any distinction and would be caught in possession as surely as a burglar in a blindfold.

Inler's not a physical footballer. He tries to be elegant. And in the sunshine of the continent he might get time for that.

But not in England. It's so wet here that at least one of our winger's can't stand up at all so there's no future delaying on the ball before letting it go because the only thing you'll get from doing that is athlete's foot and a clattering. 

I'm not going to repeat Inler's shortcomings. If people can't see em, I can only guess they've pinched Rincey's political specs and found them no less selective in football mode.

Kramaric I still don't know. It's likely I've seen more of Lord Lucan and just not realised it, than I have of Kram.

What I'd really like to know is why the club signed him at all.

There are circling clubs who clearly think he's talented, fans who hope he is and are prepared to see anything he does as brilliant and me who can hardly remember a damn thing he's ever done, having presumably missed all the best bits.

So why so little football, I ask?

Is it attitude - or just a quite inexplicable mistake?             

Nice post.

Kram is 24 and you could argue room for development Gokhan is 31 and a seasoned pro what you see is what you are going to get and from what I've seen that ain't much, he needs to play more like Gokhan and less like Gok Wan.

There is a big difference between 'he's shit', and he doesn't fit into our team very well.

I think it's the latter, as much as anything else.

When I watched him boss the first half against England (he was the best midfielder on the pitch by a long way), I was so excited. When I heard Jose express surprise we got him, I nodded sagely.

Then DD started like a house on fire (and I guess Inler was getting his life in Leicester sorted out and settled in), and things developed as we have seen. There are various victims of our amazing form, who would have expected to get more chances when our first 11 didn't quite produce.

It's easy to stick the boot into Inler. Krammy, Benny etc, but a settled and successful team depends on bench players to buy into the collective, even when they are not getting much playing time. In this respect at least, our fringe players have done ok.

Claudio has told us, its alright to dream, soooooo

Headlines, on Monday...

Gray day in London as a Croation ties up the game, with A cheezy Swiss punching holes through Spurs, in turkey shoot.

Spurs get kaned, after penalty miss, and commit Hari-kari falling on Okazakis sword.

The also rans, fringe foxes players shows don Ranieri, and the owners ,

that they have some gems in their own backgarden.Ali from spurs might be the future, but Sunday was time to show respect for the man on todays throne, long live the (Andy)King, who suppressed the revolution trying to break out.

Inler, waltzed through spurs like a profi on the homeland slalom ski slopes, slipping in passes to Kramarics feet and head, hattrick secures Place on croatian plane for france.

Archived