Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wokinghamfox

Inler

Has got a lot of stick since he came. Rightly because we can't really afford to carry players who are not up to the pace of the Premier League. But I think we have a player here. I exlect him to get better and better. I noticed Claudio also seemed to give him instructions/responsibility from the touchline. In Italian I think. That might help our midfield in general. Can't wait until he smashes one on from distance. That'll help us bond to him no end.

Him and Kante would be a very solid midfield base to build around

So we go from one decent 90 minutes in midfield - and a lot of less than impressive efforts - to the ideal base partner for Kante. Neither are natural goalscorers from anything I see. Neither is Drinkwater. And while I rated today's as Inler's best game by far for us he made one appalling crossfield pass that was so nearly intercepted and far too many general mistakes - as well as good things - to be convincing.

Much of what I read seems to be from people wanting him to be successful rather than analysing what he's giving us.

What I do think he did today was to put his weight in the first team mix. Along with others including the higher-rated Kingy (again), Chilwell and Gray and even Benny who himself played a part in what was a generally decent defensive wall, apart from concerns down the Spurs left.          

Inler's effort was "encouraging" and I hope it becomes more so. But let's see what transpires before we blow glorious fanfares. It was basically Spurs second team as well as ours.       

So we go from one decent 90 minutes in midfield - and a lot of less than impressive efforts - to the ideal base partner for Kante. Neither are natural goalscorers from anything I see. Neither is Drinkwater. And while I rated today's as Inler's best game by far for us he made one appalling crossfield pass that was so nearly intercepted and far too many general mistakes - as well as good things - to be convincing.

Much of what I read seems to be from people wanting him to be successful rather than analysing what he's giving us.

What I do think he did today was to put his weight in the first team mix. Along with others including the higher-rated Kingy (again), Chilwell and Gray and even Benny who himself played a part in what was a generally decent defensive wall, apart from concerns down the Spurs left.

Inler's effort was "encouraging" and I hope it becomes more so. But let's see what transpires before we blow glorious fanfares. It was basically Spurs second team as well as ours.

You'd rate Kingy higher than Arjen Robben I'm guessing though?

I think he did well to be honest and after todays cup game it made me think do we really need anyone else maybe a number 10 but even then for 1st time in a long time i feel as our team is complete we have fairly good back up if one of the regulars get hurt or dont play. Also with the younger player showing that they hungry to play has really made feel comfortable that can and will step up well called for

There was one pass (up to Albrighton on the left wing I think?) which I though was particularly impressive.

He was still a little slow occasionally (when we were being countered), but overall a fairly solid performance I thought.

Think it was to Gray before he had that great effort at goal but aye it was a superb ball

Central midfielders' (and central defensive/holding midfielders') main priority is either to initiate attacks or to prevent opposing ones. They're not required to be "natural goalscorers".

Tony, please stop playing the **** card.

It's only 90mins, but I think DD will be a teensy bit worried. I could fish out some of the most reactionary posts from back on this thread, but that would be too easy.

I wonder if Claudio was happy to have him and Benny on the back-burner earlier in the season, letting them get settled in before the pressure of the Prem. But by the time CR felt they were about ready, the first XI were on fire, winning almost every week.

Inler may never sprint if he doesn't have to, but he looked like (slighly rusty) class. What particularly impressed me was that several of our players actually passed to him (which was a first), and he played a lot of first time balls, just as we were hoping.

Contrary to many previous posts opinions, he is actually stronger than Kante and King (and maybe DD), and is clearly better in the air than any of the others. Apparently he can shoot too, so better than DD and Kante in that regard. I won't compare him with King on shooting, because King will get goals from midfield.

And this leads me to my killer point. Kante takes the pressure off midfield partners to such an extent, that he makes DD look better than he is, and that Inler/Kante has the highest potential of any of our midfield pairs.

Other opinions are available, and may indeed be more accurate than this one, but if I get this in now, I might be able to quote it later, when we have done the double!  :thumbup:

Inler back of the net, mark my words...  :ph34r:

Central midfielders' (and central defensive/holding midfielders') main priority is either to initiate attacks or to prevent opposing ones. They're not required to be "natural goalscorers".

This is partly true but I also think that we do need goals from midfield to help ease the pressure on the forwards,so popping up with the odd goal here and there should still be something our cm's need to build into their game if possible. 

i think inler will be next to go to be honest he doesnt really fit into claudios plans now based on comments he has made in the press with this statement 

"When I bought Gokhan I was thinking about three at the back. But when I played ­friendlies, I changed it. If he goes, then someone will come in. I will need to speak to him. I understand he wants to play and needs to"

so it seems he wont stand in his way should a team come in for him and he only played in the cup to rest drinky and kante , 

Tony, please stop playing the **** card.

I'm not sure if you were Inler's next door neighbour in Switzerland but when it comes to bias you're a class apart. Until the signing of Gray we had just two natural scorers in our first choice team  - Vardy and Mahrez.

You can add another half for whichever might be used out of Ulloa or Shinji although neither have threatened enough to be convincing. That leaves seven and a half additional parts that don't really present a credible threat and it's simply not enough.

You've only got to look at Manchester United for an example of what happens when you don't have a goals threat from the likes of Scholes.

But it wasn't just him. Goals were likely from all sorts of places including full-backs and centre-halves.

I could mention all sorts of other great teams on the same basis but I won't bother because I don't expect you'd take a blind bit of notice.

Even in the player ratings you couldn't bring yourself to give King a higher mark than Inler despite his being involved in both our goals including his direct assist and generally being excellent in defensive, midfield and even attacking situations.

I'm not sure if you were Inler's next door neighbour in Switzerland but when it comes to bias you're a class apart. Until the signing of Gray we had just two natural scorers in our first choice team  - Vardy and Mahrez.

And that means what exactly? You're stating the obvious once more, Thrac. You could also say the sky is blue and the grass is green.

And all that from the man who uses every opportunity to sweet-talk our Academy products as well as having a thumb up Andy King's (enter your word of choice here).

You can add another half for whichever might be used out of Ulloa or Shinji although neither have threatened enough to be convincing. That leaves seven and a half additional parts that don't really present a credible threat and it's simply not enough.

It's been good enough so far - we've been second in the scoring department in the league up to this point and it's not just about scoring, it's also about creating and we've got numerous assets that can contribute: Albrighton, Fuchs, Kanté, Drinkwater, Inler, King. Take a pick. 

You've only got to look at Manchester United for an example of what happens when you don't have a goals threat from the likes of Scholes.

But it wasn't just him. Goals were likely from all sorts of places including full-backs and centre-halves.

What do I care about Manchester United? Why should anyone care about them? lol

I could mention all sorts of other great teams on the same basis but I won't bother because I don't expect you'd take a blind bit of notice.

Can't wait - when's the novel ready?

Even in the player ratings you couldn't bring yourself to give King a higher mark than Inler despite his being involved in both our goals including his direct assist and generally being excellent in defensive, midfield and even attacking situations.

I'm left to tears here. I'm sorry I didn't give your son a better mark than the player who had more touches, passes forward, blocks, interceptions and better vision than King. No slating King, though: Great assist for Shinji's goal.

Bruno Berner urges countryman Gökhan Inler to stick with City

Former Leicester City defender Bruno Berner has urged his fellow countryman Gökhan Inler not to quit Leicester City.

However, the former Switzerland full-back says Inler is under pressure to get more game time ahead of next summer's European Championships in France, especially as he is captain of his country.

Inler was seen as the natural replacement for Esteban Cambiasso when he joined from Napoli in the summer but, so far, he has made just three starts and two substitute appearances for City in the Premier League.

He started against Tottenham Hotspur in the 2-2 FA Cup draw at White Hart Lane on Sunday, but his lack of first team action has led to speculation that he may need to move on or go out on loan during the transfer window to ensure his place in the Swiss squad.

Turkish clubs Besiktas and Galatasaray have been the latest to be linked.

However, Berner, who spent four years with City until retiring and taking his coaching badges in 2012, hopes Inler will stay and adapt to the demands of the English game.

"I hope he stays and is patient and doesn't think too much about changing clubs because Leicester is a fantastic club, a huge club, but it is his decision," said Bruno, who is now working in marketing in Switzerland and works hard of returning to coaching or management in England.

"If he feels he has to move and gain more game time he will certainly do so.

"The Swiss press are speculating on a possible move. There has been some talk in the media about whether he should stay or leave.

"I can't see them not taking the captain to the Euros, but maybe he will lose his place as the captain if he is not playing? You never know. I can't read the mind of the manager, but he certainly is under pressure because he is the captain.

"I am a bit sad because I was really pleased when he joined Leicester, but a few months later he is under personal pressure."

Berner has first-hand experience of the physicality of the English game, having joined City from Blackburn Rovers in 2007, and he believes the huge difference between the Premier League and Serie A, and the form of Inler's team-mates N'Golo Kante and Danny Drinkwater, have been the issue.

"He played for eight years in Italy and the game there is played at a completely different rhythm," said Berner.

"Will he be able to adapt his game to the English style? This was my question when he signed in the summer. Inler's tactical understanding could be more crucial for Leicester City if the club decides to play in Europe next season. For these games he has great experience and could play a key role while adapting to the English game.

"This season so far, he is unlucky because the team has done so well without him in the side. He has started a couple of times but has been taken off by the manager.

"Kante has been outstanding and I also like Drinkwater very much as well. Andy King is also in the squad and he is a very good player, so it is interesting situation for all the central midfielders.

"It's up to Gökhan."

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-NEWS-Bruno-Berner-urges-countryman/story-28513259-detail/story.html#ixzz3xClzTt47 

Archived