Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

What do people prefer?

I like sweets - Haribos, Fangtastics, Sports Mix, Cola bottles etc. Don't have the fat in them! However, I also like bit of chocolate say once a week. Bit of cadburys or Galaxy. Good to mix things up and remind myself what Im missing. Tastes even nicer.

Hard to compare as they do different things to you. Chocolate triggers a chemical reaction in the brain that has a sensual effect, in women it's a similar effect to what they get when buying shoes. Sweets give a higher sugar rush and can refresh (If I don't want to lose a front row place at a gig I forfeit drinking and chew fruity Mento's all night to avoid dehydrating).

So for laying on the sofa watching a bond film on a bank holiday afternoon it's a huge bar of dairy milk chocolate, queuing overnight or at a gig and it's slow release energy of Jelly Babies or sharp burst of sugar from Refreshers or Mento's, horses for courses but based on the pleasure rating I'd say chocolate wins.

I can take or leave Haribo (except their rhubarb n custard pencils, 10/10) usually I'd go chocolate over sweets. However the dusty milk bottle sweets, Jelly Belly beans, Vimto bonbons and occasionally Jelly Tots I can properly binge on

Malteasers. I want them to be golf ball size.

Not had sweets for years. Chocolate all the way. Im sitting at my desk with a bag of vice versas staring at me. Cant wait to polish them off

I used to love Vice Versas but they seem to have changed since the relaunch. The white chocolate (brown shell) are nice but the other ones taste like Minstrels made from Smart Price "chocolate", waxy and horrible

What happened to Giant Smarties, and those mental Smarties (came in bags with some having a blue truffle inside, some white chocolate and they had footballs and other stuff printed on them)?

Yeah, I love any flavour of the bottles. The red and black ones I haven't seen for years.

I still see them around at any pick and mix booths. I used to be a fan of sweets especially pick and mix but outgrown them a year ago. Chocolate all way now for me.  I used to go to cinemas and to be able to tell the quality of pick and mix from one glance.

Archived