Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

I LOVE CLAUDIO.

Claudio will break the Leicester record for points in the PL... does that make him better than O''Neill that is the question now

Ranieri is a better manager than O'Neill if you look at their records in the top leagues around Europe and in the CL, although Martin is proving a better international manager.

For Leicester though, Martin is still number one for me, like Cambiasso is a better player than Izzett, Izzett was a better player for Leicester.

One season doesn't make a legend, it makes a hero, Martin achieved more with less at Leicester and over a longer period he is our best manager in my lifetime. Claudio breaking our points record is irrelevant, qualifying for the CL would be massive and a sustained challenge for the title/top 4 over 3-4 seasons and then we can talk about him being the best ever throw in a cup win and it'll be hard to deny it, but unless he does this over a long period and develops the team along the way there will always be an element of how he just got the best out  of the team Pearson and Walsh put together.

O'Neill's team was O'Neill's team and it was the best team we had and he is still the best manager in my opinion, then Pearson, then Ranieri.

Ask me again at the end of the season.

If we do continue this run and finish in the top four or (god willing) we do win the league then Ranieri will not only be the best manager we've ever had, in my view, but will be knighted, given the freedom of Leicester and be given license to take a dump on the centre circle at Stamford Bridge.

Ranieri is one of those managers that the players genuinely like, and they like playing for him. the man is a gentleman and pure class, when you see some of the behind the scenes stuff you see how much the players like him, he doesn't treat them like trash like some managers, he is a gentleman. in my opinion it makes the players give even more when they play. 

And as for his relationship with the press, the guy is playing everyone, he is a genius, he wants the prem title, I can see it in his eyes,  but when they ask he acts like he doesn't know what they are talking about and still acts like we need more wins to avoid relegation.  he knows exactly what he is doing, he is taking all the pressure off and making us to be a very small force.  all the while we keep racking up win after win after win. the guy is playing it perfect. 

Ranieri is a better manager than O'Neill if you look at their records in the top leagues around Europe and in the CL, although Martin is proving a better international manager.

For Leicester though, Martin is still number one for me, like Cambiasso is a better player than Izzett, Izzett was a better player for Leicester.

One season doesn't make a legend, it makes a hero, Martin achieved more with less at Leicester and over a longer period he is our best manager in my lifetime. Claudio breaking our points record is irrelevant, qualifying for the CL would be massive and a sustained challenge for the title/top 4 over 3-4 seasons and then we can talk about him being the best ever throw in a cup win and it'll be hard to deny it, but unless he does this over a long period and develops the team along the way there will always be an element of how he just got the best out  of the team Pearson and Walsh put together.

O'Neill's team was O'Neill's team and it was the best team we had and he is still the best manager in my opinion, then Pearson, then Ranieri.

Ask me again at the end of the season.

Um, if Claudio gets us into CL, then it's not even close. Love MON always, but a cup win pales in comparison to a potential PL title (in this day and age) and CL qualification (in this day and age).

This is the stuff of FM and it's ridiculous.

Ranieri is one of those managers that the players genuinely like, and they like playing for him. the man is a gentleman and pure class, when you see some of the behind the scenes stuff you see how much the players like him, he doesn't treat them like trash like some managers, he is a gentleman. in my opinion it makes the players give even more when they play. 

And as for his relationship with the press, the guy is playing everyone, he is a genius, he wants the prem title, I can see it in his eyes,  but when they ask he acts like he doesn't know what they are talking about and still acts like we need more wins to avoid relegation.  he knows exactly what he is doing, he is taking all the pressure off and making us to be a very small force.  all the while we keep racking up win after win after win. the guy is playing it perfect. 

This.  :thumbup:

Um, if Claudio gets us into CL, then it's not even close. Love MON always, but a cup win pales in comparison to a potential PL title (in this day and age) and CL qualification (in this day and age).

This is the stuff of FM and it's ridiculous.

What if we finish 4th this season, lose in the CL qualifier, get our asses handed to us in the Europa league which impacts our league form and we end up languishing round the bottom quarter after Ranieri let Mahrez go to Arsenal and signed a load of duffers and started playing Vardy on the wing.

O'Neill is still the best because of the number of years he did it for, same with Pearson they built the club up to be something much better than when they took over and left it in a much better position than when they started. Claudio has made a brilliant start but I will judge Claudio at the end of his reign not at the start. So far so good, but MON is still number one for me.

What if we finish 4th this season, lose in the CL qualifier, get our asses handed to us in the Europa league which impacts our league form and we end up languishing round the bottom quarter after Ranieri let Mahrez go to Arsenal and signed a load of duffers and started playing Vardy on the wing.

O'Neill is still the best because of the number of years he did it for, same with Pearson they built the club up to be something much better than when they took over and left it in a much better position than when they started. Claudio has made a brilliant start but I will judge Claudio at the end of his reign not at the start. So far so good, but MON is still number one for me.

Won't disagree with you there, but I'm making the presumption we finish at least 3rd so we'll make the group stage. At that point, that is one of the most crowning achievements this club have ever accomplished.

Mickey Adams, not because of major success, but promotion in >>> admin <<<< era kicked off settling this club.

Before..Gillies, Milne, MON, who brought back for a short time the good old days......

NPearson..He Belongs on the honours list, he packed us by the balls, spoke about unfinished businees, grabbed

us by the collar, dragged us over 3 leagues if we end up having a great era, short or long he made it possible.

Ranieri, top 4..write his name in gold, Title this year, write it in Platinum. Simply the biggest achievement.

Top 2 in history didnt qualify us for Europe and extra exposure...This would.

I couldn't agree more. Very much in the Matt Gillies mould.

Two great gentlemen, as well as fine managers.  :claudio:

Every manager has a battle to get the media onside. If you rise above it, show a bit of respect and exercise some charm you can set your own boundaries and have the media respect them. Pearson didn't know how to do this and just attacked them instead, in doing so making himself into a side show and turning the media against him, making it worse for himself. He didn't have to sell out on his ideals to get on side with the media, just learn how to play their game and use it to his own advantage. I'm sure, on reflection, Nigel will feel he made some errors in that aspect of his management.

Yes but.. It was NP's first season in the PL. Steep learning curve etc. A lamb mauled by the vultures, aka The national media/scum.

Claudio has us playing the most exciting and modern brand of football we've ever done since the mid 90s. MON did brilliantly with what he had, but let's be honest, we've never had as skillful a player as Mahrez, as energetic a midfield dynamo as Kanté or as rapid and hardworking striker as Vardy in our ranks. Our team and system are so good that we are so difficult to beat while always carrying a threat going forward. Under MON I remember us being particularly dangerous at set pieces, which is all well and good, but that's the kind of archaeic football Pulis sides focus on these days.

Yes, Pearson and the scouting team identified and acquired most of our current squad, but Ranieri has honed the players and deserves massive credit for getting the maximum out of them.

• 2 weeks later...

No way this thread should be on page 6. So bump.

Just wanted to reiterate: I love Claudio Ranieri. Like, ACTUAL LOVE. He is and always will be a legend in my eyes and not just for the football but because he is just a very, very, very nice man. What a man.

Guest CityFan 06

No way this thread should be on page 6. So bump.

Just wanted to reiterate: I love Claudio Ranieri. Like, ACTUAL LOVE. He is and always will be a legend in my eyes and not just for the football but because he is just a very, very, very nice man. What a man.

Agree, what a man.

If we do continue this run and finish in the top four or (god willing) we do win the league then Ranieri will not only be the best manager we've ever had, in my view, but will be knighted, given the freedom of Leicester and be given license to take a dump on the centre circle at Stamford Bridge.

But Stamford bridge is a dump..!!! :)

Now, hes sorted the players, wouldnt it be great if he could hone the fans into wanting to emulate something like the danish fans of the eurochampionship years.

We dont like nasty shits on other forums, so lets be humble and respectfull towards our opponents.

Spurs, W.Ham, Playing great football, lets be a worthy admired oppenent.The best way to nerve other fans is slash respect and niceties in their direction.Lets swamp them with positive vibes and emotions.

Our team has shown a different approach and direction, let our fans do the same.Not grovel just a

balanced attitude, knowing anyway we feel quite safe on our higher perch, and its comfortable.

He always struck me as likeable when he was at Chelsea, and I was only about 11 at the time. I'm struggling to really pick any fault with him. If he sees us through to the title it's got to go down as one of the best seasons a manager will ever have.

What a beautiful post fuchsntf!

I'll start. I've always had a soft spot for Manchester City. Went to Maine road twice and the new place once. Proper working class club with great fans, and I've never begrudged them their success since the money arrived. 30,000 turning up in the third tier was magnificent. Always reminded me of us in a funny way.

I remember when he was sacked that I felt annoyed for him as he was treated so badly in his last year at Chelsea and every week he was set to leave but just carried on with dignity.

The first memory of his time here was a post match interview where he gave a detailed answer in Italian and the "interpreter", who had no idea what he said, just replied with "It was a game of two halves". lol

If he wins us the league he will become our greatest ever manager. He is streets ahead of any of our previous managers tactically and he is getting absolutely everything out of the players. Pearson may have written the blueprint but Ranieri has built the skyscraper, and he's built it better then Pearson was ever capable of. That's not a dig at Pearson by the way, far from it, but it is a massive compliment to Ranieri.

I do not see why, when we have had a fair few good managers one is always better than the other.

Different time periods, finances etc., all play a part but Leicester have had a fair few good managers and not surprisingly these have managed when we have had good periods of success.

On the other hand bad managers tend to stand out and you can certainly get into a debate about which has been the worst.

If we were to win the league this season and that is still something I cant imagine, then Claudio would have achieved something unique in our 132 year history and next year I'd expect him to win the FA cup for the first time too :thumbup:

:claudio:

I was quite surprised when I heard he was coming to Leicester City. I remember the "Claudio Ranieri?" Posts. I thought then that is was a real coup for Leicester...since most of my friends wondered for years why I followed a "third rate" team. I remember with shock many comments about his ability on this very forum. I remembered his move to Cagliari well, where he took a team who hadn't done much since the 70's (I remember Gigi Riva well as a boy). Ranieri took Cagliari from serie C to serie A with hardly a decent player. I knew then that he was something unique. i believe we are privileged to have someone like Ranieri here. It is similar to Swindon getting the likes of a Pellegrini. In a few years, I hope, we will be in a place that an Ancelotti or a Klopp would see as good place to be. I'm grateful to Ranieri that he did not look at us as many do. I'm grateful that he saw this as an opportunity and an honour. That is why I love this man...he's taken so many undeserving insult and has been humble the whole time...and he's a fecking fantastic manager!

I was quite surprised when I heard he was coming to Leicester City. I remember the "Claudio Ranieri?" Posts. I thought then that is was a real coup for Leicester...since most of my friends wondered for years why I followed a "third rate" team. I remember with shock many comments about his ability on this very forum. I remembered his move to Cagliari well, where he took a team who hadn't done much since the 70's (I remember Gigi Riva well as a boy). Ranieri took Cagliari from serie C to serie A with hardly a decent player. I knew then that he was something unique. i believe we are privileged to have someone like Ranieri here. It is similar to Swindon getting the likes of a Pellegrini. In a few years, I hope, we will be in a place that an Ancelotti or a Klopp would see as good place to be. I'm grateful to Ranieri that he did not look at us as many do. I'm grateful that he saw this as an opportunity and an honour. That is why I love this man...he's taken so many undeserving insult and has been humble the whole time...and he's a fecking fantastic manager!

Excellent post, and you're quite right, if ranieri's record was solely in England, the pundits would be calling him a managerial genius that Leicester were lucky to get.

I also think we have the magnificent alchemy of two football geniuses at our club. Walsh on recruitment and Ranieri organising the talent beautifully.

Would love to see the club getting both on 4 year deals as soon as possible

Archived