Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Manchester United.. Next up!...

I think we'll start really fast, as we always try to do. Similar to Arsenal game where we could have been 3 up after 20 mins.

Need to take our chances though. The game should be perfect for Kante with United's slow and ponderous build up play.  

You just know Rooney will return to form and score a hat trick.

Schmeichel

Simpson Huth Morgan Fuchs

Albrighton Kante Drinkwater Mahrez

Vardy Ulloa

Can't see why people wouldn't play Ulloa after last week. Looked sharp, got an assist and a goal and provided the perfect foil for Vardy. I'd also argue Smalling is one of the main reasons that United's defence has been so solid. It would be natural for him to have to turn to mark Ulloa should he start due to equal height and size etc so that would leave Vardy out of a more physical battle so that he can play to his strengths and hopefully scorch the other CB for pace in the channels as per. Mahrez outwide is a must as well. More of the same from Kante and Drinkwater would be superb as well please!

I've been to-ing and fro-ing about who to partner Vardy up front and I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that Ulloa would be best. Even though Okazaki's energy would unsettle them more that Ulloa, having the big man starting might be advantageous. They could try to snuff out the aerial attempt of Ulloa by marking him with Smalling, leaving Vardy against the slower Blind, or stick Smalling on Vardy leaving Ulloa up against Blind in an aerial battle. Either way, whoever Blind ends up marking will have a slight advantage over him.

I am aware it's not quite that simplistic, but you get the point.

I've been to-ing and fro-ing about who to partner Vardy up front and I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that Ulloa would be best. Even though Okazaki's energy would unsettle them more that Ulloa, having the big man starting might be advantageous. They could try to snuff out the aerial attempt of Ulloa by marking him with Smalling, leaving Vardy against the slower Blind, or stick Smalling on Vardy leaving Ulloa up against Blind in an aerial battle. Either way, whoever Blind ends up marking will have a slight advantage over him.

I am aware it's not quite that simplistic, but you get the point.

For me its Ulloa all day long. Man Utd defenders will be in 2 minds on how to defend against Vardy and Ulloa. Sit deep and leave no space for Vardy which gives Ulloa space to run onto crosses or sit with a high line to stop Ulloa and leave space behind for Vardy.

We play Okazaki it leaves us playing one way which Man U and Smalling in particular will snuff out any danger that comes their way.

Ulloa will put doubt in the defenders minds which with Mahrez and Albrighton running towards them Man U wont have a clue which attacking approach we will take. 

Also did you see the sheer joy that Ulloa showed when he scored. He will be absolutely buzzing after that goal. I would fancy Ulloa to be the player that makes the difference tomorrow. Not necessarily him scoring the goals but he will be the player that gives the Man U defence more to think about which as the game nears the latter stages could fall nicely into our hands.

Im going to put it out there and say Man U are really going to struggle in this game.

2-0 Win with Vardy and Drinkwater scoring. Kante MOTM

I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a game.

Firstly, there's the goalscoring record, then there's the fact it's first v second, then it's Man Utd.

The main one for me though is that it's the start of a period that could make a statement as to whether we really could be title contenders.

We'll know by the end of December whether we're merely staying up or bidding for something that would be massive for us.

I would start with Ulloa, gives us more options and has the added bonus of being good in the air at both ends, then when they are tiring you can unleash Okazaki on them to pressure them into a mistake.

We are going to have to look to capitalise on any set-pieces and mistakes because they are very good at the back, fortunately they seem slow going forwards so we won't be leaving ourselves exposed to the counter attack, we are also used to playing without the ball so their possession game is not going to unsettle us.

Looking for positives, naturally, but I don't expect us to win, we can give it a good go, but despite stumbling a bit this season United are still a very good team with players that can score from nothing.

Agreed. I think Shinji's energy and pace in that area, plus Kante deeper will destroy them.

KentFox - he might play Mata at right back again :-)

Yeah, I'd start with Okazaki because he causes extra pressure. Man U will feel comfortable passing in around their defence, so we need to stop them doing that and force them rush their passes and not give them time to think. On the other hand Man U are only likely to score from a set piece, so it's makes sense to play Ulloa. Pretty sure we'll see both of them at some point, but I'd start with Okazaki for this one.  

It is actually becoming a bit of a joke now.

Every week it's along the lines of - Leicester picked up yet another great result, but *instert any team we are playing* are showing signs of picking up and the foxes run has to end some time, and you know what i fancy *instert any team we are playing*****to just nick this one. 1-2 

Cheers for that expert opinion Lawro mate, heres 50k

You know the funny thing is he'll probably milk it if he gets it right as well.

No doubt he's predicted WBA to pick up a 0-1 win at West Ham.

Daft as it may sound iam going for a vardy hatrick

66/1 with paddy power

The daft thing is to do it with paddy power. I'm sure most other bookies will be offering a much better price than they do.

Consider me well and truly wrong :D Damn oddschecker and their ability to make me look a fool so easily. Coral are offering 22/1! ha.

The daft thing is to do it with paddy power. I'm sure most other bookies will be offering a much better price than they do.

Consider me well and truly wrong :D Damn oddschecker and their ability to make me look a fool so easily. Coral are offering 22/1! ha.

Bet 365 is 40-1. They are shocking odds

Expected it to be around 80 in most places, always usually feel shafted by Paddy's odds so just assumed they'd be one of the lowest around haha.

i thought the same as you. Quite often get 80 or 100-1 for a hattrick. When i saw 40-1 i was amazed. Just shows how good Vardy is doing

I'm not really in the "we'll find out if we are challengers" club as the thought of even a CL spot seems totally unlikely never mind winning the league to me  but I think points on Saturday are more than achievable. This Yoonited side can be got at on the break and don't score massive amounts of goals especially as of late, not to mention they played out a tough game on Wednesday. They also lack top players compared to what they are used to putting out. There is every chance they'll see this as a big chance and out play us totally of course lol but if we turn up and they aren't on it we can get a return Saturday. Especially if we hit them early like Arsenal did.

got the football team round for this one, including a few united fans. I won't care too much if we don't win/lose but what I want is for us to showcase to the armchair fans what an exciting team we really are rather than just relying on the media/3 minutes on MOTD

Don't know who I'd start out of Okazaki and Ulloa. Mahrez has got to play, and on the wing as well in my opinion. Putting him where Scweinsteiger and Schneiderlein is will be a bit mistake.

From a defensive point of view Okazaki would be great Putting pressure on their defensive midfielders allowing more space for Drinkwater and Kante. But at the end of the day they are classy players and will be able to cope with the pressure and keep the ball, as they like too.

Ulloa will give the defence something more to think about. With Okazaki it will be basically 2 on 1 with Vardy against their defenders, I imagine with Smallig man marking and Blind clearing up the loose balls. Ulloa will definitely occupy another defender, leaving Vardy more space. He can help bring Mahrez into the game as well as providing a target for crosses from both wings.

Think I'd have to go with Ulloa. I trust Drinkwater and Kante to hold their own in midfield.

Archived