Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Manchester United.. Next up!...

think the only question is which of Ulloa, Schlupp or Okazaki starts

Done a little bit of research on this question and thought I'd try add a little bit to the team selection strategy for the United game. Well the Okazaki or Ulloa part anyway.

I'm not really pro/anti Ulloa or Okazaki. I have some access to a few nice little stats on the premier league, they may be available elsewhere too on somewhere like WhoScored.

Ulloa had more touches in the penalty box than any other striker last weekend (14). Diego Costa had 12, Our Jamie had 11 and Deeney and Pelle both had 10.

I do like Okazaki for his work rate but the positive move is to go for Ulloa to start.

Throughout the whole season so far. Our Forwards in Numbers.

Vardy 108 Pen Box Touches, 13 apps, 1217 minutes, 13 goals, 54 attempts, 44 In box, 13 blocked, Shot accuracy 46.3%

Okazaki 40 Pen Box Touches, 13 apps, 687 minutes, 2 goals, 12 attempts, 11 in box, 4 blocked, Shot accuracy 33.3%

Ulloa 29 Pen Box Touches, 7 apps, 267 minutes, 1 goal, 7 attempts, 7 in box, 2 blocked, Shot accuracy 28.6%

I think it's a choice between Ulloa and Mahrez to start. The rest of the team should fill itself except y'all seem to have a problem with the wings. I'd start Schlupp and Albrighton.

Schlupp is the 2nd fastest player in the league with brutal left side runs. We need to beat their defensive structure with speed.

Albrighton is the best all-around winger we have. I didn't think I needed to justify his place even though some others left him out.

We can't go down to this team. First goal is imperative.

Schlupp is fast, but a lot of the time runs straight into defenders. Man Utds defense is one of the strongest in the league so I can't see them having to many problems dealing with him at the start.

Stick Mahrez on to make them think - by the hour mark they'll be physically tired as well as mentally from having to focus on what Mahrez is about to do. Then unleash Schlupp on them and give their full backs the runaround for the last half hour.

From the Red Cafe.......More entertaining being a Leicester fan than a Utd one. Their team are more Utd like than we are.....

Many on there have Leicester taking them figuring United will pass the ball around in their own half all afternoon

Shows how far we've come as a club when Yanited fans are coming on here rattled and getting defensive at every throwaway comment instead of the Charlton mints we had to endure before.

We've made it.

I miss lamby lol

I occasionally pop over to footballforums.net just to see what pearls of wisdom he has to impart on life.

Shows how far we've come as a club when Yanited fans are coming on here rattled and getting defensive at every throwaway comment instead of the Charlton mints we had to endure before.

We've made it.

I was thinking it was nice to be treated as an "irrelevance" that they can't stop talking about by, well, everybody rather than Forest and Derby who are still noshing each other off for the Brian Clough Trophy or whatever it is.

Dreamt Ulloa scoring to make it 4-0 with 20 minutes to go.

Kante and Mahrez will break them down and rip them to shreds.

I had a dream that we started fast with Vardy and Shinji leading from the front, like against Sunderland, and went 3-0 up inside the first 20 minutes, as the camera cut to LvG facepalming and the commentator saying 'van Gaals team are collapsing at the King Power again!'

I'd give a left bollocks for this to come true.

Stat time

Vardy will be looking to set the outright Premier League record of consecutive appearances scored in. He is currently on 10 games in a row, tied with Ruud van Nistelrooy (10 in Aug 2003).

Manchester United have won 10 of the last 11 Barclays Premier League matches against Leicester City, but the exception was this fixture last season which the Foxes won 5-3.

Leicester became the only team in Premier League history to come from two goals down to beat Manchester United in their 5-3 win at the King Power Stadium last season.

There have been 18 goals scored in the last four Premier League meetings between these two sides.

The Foxes have recovered more points from losing positions (10) than any other team in the Premier League this season.

The Red Devils have lost just one of their last nine Premier League matches (W6 D2 L1).

Vardy has now scored 13 goals in the Premier League this season for Leicester, equalling their highest scorer in a single Premier League season (Tony Cottee scored 13 in 1999-00).

The Foxes have now scored in 14 successive Premier League matches and are the only side to find the back of the net in all 13 of their PL games this season.

The 13 Premier League games involving Leicester City this season have seen 48 goals scored; more than any other side.

These two sides met at Filbert Street when Leicester were top of the Premier League back in October 2000, with the Red Devils winning 3-0 on their way to winning the title (the Foxes finished 13th).

You forgot this...

Mighty Leicester have lost just one of their last 17 Premier League matches (W11 D5 L1)

and this...

Mighty Leicester have won their last four Premier League matches in a row!! :thumbup:

You forgot this...

Mighty Leicester have lost just one of their last 17 Premier League matches (W11 D5 L1)

and this...

Mighty Leicester have won their last four Premier League matches in a row!! :thumbup:

Those stats!!! How good is this team!! :scarf:

Lawro thinks we'll lose again so that's 3 points for us GET IN

It is actually becoming a bit of a joke now.

Every week it's along the lines of - Leicester picked up yet another great result, but *instert any team we are playing* are showing signs of picking up and the foxes run has to end some time, and you know what i fancy *instert any team we are playing*****to just nick this one. 1-2 

Cheers for that expert opinion Lawro mate, heres 50k

Archived