Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Manchester United.. Next up!...

KS

Fuchs

Huth

Morgan

Simpson

Albrighton

Kante

DD

Mahrez

Ulloa

Vardy

Subs:

MS

Benny

Chilwell

Schlupp

Kingy

Dyer

Okazaki

Play our game and don't worry about them. We know they will just try and keep position and play slowly. So, we should continue to attack fast and do what has been successful so far.

After 60 mins, bring on Okazaki for Ulloa and Dyer for Albrighton. After another 15 mins, bring on Schlupp for Mahrez.

All that pace coming on in the second half should terrify them.

I've resigned myself to losing because winning will probably blow my mind.

Yep, i've managed to put myself in a position where I expect a loss.

But, when we do inevitably win and Vardy bags the winner I will go absolutely ****ing berserk.

KS

Fuchs

Huth

Morgan

Simpson

Albrighton

Kante

DD

Mahrez

Ulloa

Vardy

Subs:

MS

Benny

Chilwell

Schlupp

Kingy

Dyer

Okazaki

Play our game and don't worry about them. We know they will just try and keep position and play slowly. So, we should continue to attack fast and do what has been successful so far.

After 60 mins, bring on Okazaki for Ulloa and Dyer for Albrighton. After another 15 mins, bring on Schlupp for Mahrez.

All that pace coming on in the second half should terrify them.

Pretty sure Chillwell wont be on the bench for this...

After watching United a fair bit this season, I will be gutted if we lose this. I don't even understand how they've amassed so many points.

Might have a bang on De Gea man of the match.

You've answered your own question.

You've answered your own question.

Haha fair point, genuinely don't know how they have managed 19 goals this season, thought it'd be closer to 10.

De Gea is an absolute machine though, if he had ended up at Real this summer I could see them being a lot lower.

Can see Huth ripping Rooney's head off this weekend, with the luck he's having it'll just be a stern ticking off.

Edited to say, De Gea is only 16/1 to be MOTM on PaddyPower, I was expecting 30s at least ha. N'Golo is 22/1!

When you watch them with the ball, they're average. Without the ball they are excellent. Watching them last night emphasised this imo.

As soon as they lose possession, they all know their jobs and are both well drilled and determined to recover possession.

But, this leads to fears of taking the risks to create chances. They seem so scared to lose the ball, that they have totally lost the attacking intent with which you would associate with United.

We have no such fears.

We have Kante.

I don't expect the same naivety we showed against arsenal, but I do expect the same high intense pressing we showed.

It's time to pinch myself when I genuinely believe if we play to our best and they play to their best- that we will win.

Vardy @ 6/1 to be man of the match is just going to happen if Vardy breaks the record and Leicester avoid losing.

Therefore it's effectively "Vardy to score - 6/1" which is mental.

And what price is it for Vardy to score?

I think it's a choice between Ulloa and Mahrez to start. The rest of the team should fill itself except y'all seem to have a problem with the wings. I'd start Schlupp and Albrighton.

Schlupp is the 2nd fastest player in the league with brutal left side runs. We need to beat their defensive structure with speed.

Albrighton is the best all-around winger we have. I didn't think I needed to justify his place even though some others left him out.

We can't go down to this team. First goal is imperative.

Stat time

Vardy will be looking to set the outright Premier League record of consecutive appearances scored in. He is currently on 10 games in a row, tied with Ruud van Nistelrooy (10 in Aug 2003).

Manchester United have won 10 of the last 11 Barclays Premier League matches against Leicester City, but the exception was this fixture last season which the Foxes won 5-3.

Leicester became the only team in Premier League history to come from two goals down to beat Manchester United in their 5-3 win at the King Power Stadium last season.

There have been 18 goals scored in the last four Premier League meetings between these two sides.

The Foxes have recovered more points from losing positions (10) than any other team in the Premier League this season.

The Red Devils have lost just one of their last nine Premier League matches (W6 D2 L1).

Vardy has now scored 13 goals in the Premier League this season for Leicester, equalling their highest scorer in a single Premier League season (Tony Cottee scored 13 in 1999-00).

The Foxes have now scored in 14 successive Premier League matches and are the only side to find the back of the net in all 13 of their PL games this season.

The 13 Premier League games involving Leicester City this season have seen 48 goals scored; more than any other side.

These two sides met at Filbert Street when Leicester were top of the Premier League back in October 2000, with the Red Devils winning 3-0 on their way to winning the title (the Foxes finished 13th).

Archived