Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Manchester United Home. Post Match Day Thread 1 - 1

I'm not having that, Okazaki is a Nugent mark 2. That position is vital to supporting Vardy and the way the team play. But yet all he gets is criticism 'because he's a striker and doesn't score'. Okazaki's skill, quick thinking and first touch are on another level to Ulloa who loses the ball and is basically a donkey. Ideally, Kramaric would be pressing Okazaki for that spot in the team but Kram doesn't seem interested

The stats don't back that up. 

He got into a great position to score in the first place and had another good shooting opportunity that he skied. Shinji presented no attacking threat whasoever..and rarely does.

Granted he has got into good position, final product was disappointing.

I don't think the role were playing Ulloa is right for him though and were only doing it because we can't drop Vardy.

Okazaki is relatively weak and doesn't offer a great amount going forward but it's the work he does off the ball supporting Vardy.

United had a lot more time on the ball second half and had time to work it around the back when Ulloa was on than first half

No it's not a coincidence, it's because we backed off.... Ranieri was on the pitch almost screaming to stop dropping so deep..... 

Okazaki barely done anything to stop them "waltzing forward" I think I saw him attempt a few tackles but not sure he actually succeeded in one? He lost the ball atleast 5 times that I saw, He barely closed anyone down when they were within 10 yards of him, he really did look lackluster in the energy department.

Ulloa came on and done the job Okazaki is apparently here for, better then okazaki.

I'm not here to start arguments, but have no idea how you have arrived at that conclusion, as we were unable to get any sort of ball in their half in the 2nd half, despite playing the exact same system as first half. The ball bounces off Ulloa, the only thing he is Prem standard at is heading. He's slow of thought and foot for me.

United midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger was asked by BBC Sport if he was happy to get a draw.

“Why? We are Manchester United. When you come to Leicester you have to win.

Disrespectful to say the least

Definitely an arrogance there. Hopefully we stuff them at their ground in few months cause they just think it's little old Leicester on their big day out lol

United midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger was asked by BBC Sport if he was happy to get a draw.

Feels like the big man cos he scored a goal bless him.

Yeh disrespectful but more the fool him, got a draw and certainly nowhere good enough for a win.

Our endeavors into the opposing box were few and far in between. I personally thought that Manchester United - with all that possession and pressure going forward - were closer to a winner than us.

A draw is a fair result, though. However, Schweinsteiger's goal looked like a foul to me.

I thought Schweinsteiger's goal was really dodgy too but Okazaki was grappling him at the start as well.

Slightly disappointing that conceding the equaliser does not spur us on in the second half but I felt we shaded the game and restricted Man Utd to set pieces and crosses. There are many positives to take regardless and I have said earlier that this month will be a real learning curve for us in terms of our true ability and potential and how to make that move up to the next level. We have already learnt lot from Man Utd match and will have many lessons to learn over next few matches ready for January window. 

Ulloa came on and done the job Okazaki is apparently here for, better then okazaki.

I don't think Okazaki had a great game today but that is a baffling thing to say.

Ulloa did literally nothing to steal or hold onto possession. He barely touched the ball and when he did it was to miss a golden chance. The only other notable incident was when he played it to Vardy who returned it to him with a cross but Ulloa hadn't bothered getting into the box.

He did 0% of the work Okazaki is good at. Literally none of it. How you can say he performed that role better than shinji is beyond comprehension.

I thought Schweinsteiger's goal was really dodgy too but Okazaki was grappling him at the start as well.

Shinji had both arms around him impeding him from the start. Schweiny broke free. If the whistle blew, it would have been to give United a penalty, never a free kick for us.

Some nonsense on here. We were clearly set up in a particular way to sit a little off them and let them muck around with the ball without ever pulling us out of shape, and we carried it out to a tee. If their goal is rules a foul or Ulloa takes his great chance we win. Yes we didn't go right into them, because you can't against really good players, they'll get you. Which Arsenal did. We've proved today we can go up against a side who will be in the top three come the end of the season and match them. Though Kante was immense holding it together, everyone put in a huge shift though. Perhaps Drinkwater not quite up to his recent form but then they were closing us down as well as we were them. 

And the millions watching could see our position is not just down to luck and playing poor sides.

I'm not having that, Okazaki is a Nugent mark 2. That position is vital to supporting Vardy and the way the team play. But yet all he gets is criticism 'because he's a striker and doesn't score'. Okazaki's skill, quick thinking and first touch are on another level to Ulloa who loses the ball and is basically a donkey. Ideally, Kramaric would be pressing Okazaki for that spot in the team but Kram doesn't seem interested

I think the criticism is because people see the role he's being required to play and consider that he wasn't especially good at it today, and hasn't been for most of the season. Today he could have done a lot better both in attack and defence, on and off the ball. That's not to say he hasn't played his part at times this season, nor is it to say that he's not a gifted player and won't get a lot better. Part of his problem lies in the fact that so many others are at the very top of their game right now, which highlights all the more the fact that he's something of a weak link. That probably wouldn't be the case if we were lying in 17th or 18th place, where many of us had expected to be, with players having stinkers left right and centre. But if we're to part with cash in January, having another go at finding a #10 might be worthwhile.

Guest CityFan 06

Good point today. Amazing scenes where I was when Vardy netted the first goal, and the through ball from Fuchs was perfectly timed. Wonderful assist. After that goal, the whole stadium was rocking to 'Jamie Vardy's having a party' and I will always remember that. For me Carrick was United's best player, kept the ball well, assured on the ball and accurate passing. Overall an enjoyable day!

I don't think Okazaki had a great game today but that is a baffling thing to say.

Ulloa did literally nothing to steal or hold onto possession. He barely touched the ball and when he did it was to miss a golden chance. The only other notable incident was when he played it to Vardy who returned it to him with a cross but Ulloa hadn't bothered getting into the box.

He did 0% of the work Okazaki is good at. Literally none of it. How you can say he performed that role better than shinji is beyond comprehension.

He did better than Okazaki purely because he wasn't responsible for us conceding a goal. Ulloa was the greater handful for United, marginally, but neither of them produced anything. I've generally been impressed with Okazaki when he's come off the bench, especially when we're in good positions, so perhaps that's the road to go down. It turned out not to be a great choice to do things the other way round, but never mind. It's hard to criticise the manager - or the team - too much after such a good result.

I can't believe no ones mentioning that amazing work up to that Mahrez attempt just after we scored! It was an unbelievable 1/2 touch passing master class! And no repeat or mention on Sky!

Also is this the kind of game Inler (on form) would have helped in, especially in the second half? A more calming, controlling influence than Drinky giving the ball away a lot.

Archived