Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Manchester United Home. Post Match Day Thread 1 - 1

To many having a dig at Ulloa for wrong reasons.

Yes he skyed one, but then again so did Vardy this week and last week.

Now is the time to be hard, Oky to sit the next games out ,Ulloa to have a run

Kramy at least on the bench, some games from the bench.

We need to see both now, before the Jan transfer market opens.

One could try Schlupp also, in that role next to Vardy.

I was looking forward to seeing DD and Kante to prove themselves today, they didnt.....

Kante didnt have a poor game, but the 2 midfielders needed help today.

I like Albrighton, cant see why I would drop him, but maybe against the top teams, it might

be prudent to play Inler in a Carrick type of role.

It wasnt giving away possesion that bothers me, but playing on the back foot too often, that was

worrying....Not trying to be too negative, but its these type of games that give us a sighter.

Sorry but I'm not having all this "Okazaki is key to the team" due to him working hard. I can honestly struggle to recall him hitting a well struck shot at the club so far and he more often lets himself down with his technical play too, today making an awful effort to control the ball when he could have span through on goal. He is also weak and not particularly fast so I'm struggling to see how he fits in to our premier league ambitions.

If there is one role we could look at replacing it is Okazakis. There are players that do what he does that offer a genuine goal threat too, aka Long and Walters.

Don't be blinded just because we are winning, he has been a poor aquisition. Thank god Mahrez has steppped up because Okazaki is no second striker.

He did better than Okazaki purely because he wasn't responsible for us conceding a goal. Ulloa was the greater handful for United, marginally, but neither of them produced anything. I've generally been impressed with Okazaki when he's come off the bench, especially when we're in good positions, so perhaps that's the road to go down. It turned out not to be a great choice to do things the other way round, but never mind. It's hard to criticise the manager - or the team - too much after such a good result.

I don't know how much blame you can put on Okazaki for the goal really. Wrestling or no wrestling he was always going to struggle to win a header against a player half a foot taller than him.

I agree that starting Ulloa and bringing on Okazaki might have been better.

The truth is that both players have their strong points and their weak points but neither are good enough for a sustained title push, which is a problem we could never have envisaged in the summer.

It'll be interesting to see if claudio addresses this in January. Kramaric is surely on his way out, so we'll need a new forward.

Okazaki was not poor. He bridged the gap between the midfield and forward line superbly, something Ulloa isn't/wasn't able to do.

Everytime he plays he looks like a kamakazi move from him, Jackie Chan karate move... unsure what to do then gives away the ball. I can't see the benefit of playing him alongside vardy... They are too similar

Everytime he plays he looks like a kamakazi move from him, Jackie Chan karate move... unsure what to do then gives away the ball. I can't see the benefit of playing him alongside vardy... They are too similar

They have similarities in energy, pace and never giving up by they aren't the type of player.

Playing both today put a united back line under pressure to have to release with little time, something they wasn't happy to do

somewhat doubt he's getting the credit deserved due to vardys outstanding achievement but what a ball from Fuchs, I didn't even see it was on.

agreed, magic play from him. not sure why he decided he was a right winger but fuch it 

Happy with the first half performance 2nd half not so good. I think Ranieri and the players learnt the lesson from the Arsenal game that we cannot go gungho at every team that comes to the KP although Ulloa should have won it in the 2nd half with his chance.

MOTM - Christian Fuchs but we all know that Jamie will get the headlines and rightly so.

To many having a dig at Ulloa for wrong reasons.

Yes he skyed one, but then again so did Vardy this week and last week.

Now is the time to be hard, Oky to sit the next games out ,Ulloa to have a run

Kramy at least on the bench, some games from the bench.

We need to see both now, before the Jan transfer market opens.

One could try Schlupp also, in that role next to Vardy.

I was looking forward to seeing DD and Kante to prove themselves today, they didnt.....

Kante didnt have a poor game, but the 2 midfielders needed help today.

I like Albrighton, cant see why I would drop him, but maybe against the top teams, it might

be prudent to play Inler in a Carrick type of role.

It wasnt giving away possesion that bothers me, but playing on the back foot too often, that was

worrying....Not trying to be too negative, but its these type of games that give us a sighter.

It was just one game, but neither Ulloa or Okazaki played very well tonight. In midfield, well it was probably our formation that was to blame for that. Overall we didn't play as well as we have been doing, but Man U stopped us playing well, fair play to them. Boring as hell though. Inler isn't good enough to be on the bench from what I've seen of him. I would have liked to have seen Dyer come on when we were looking a bit flat in the 2nd half.    

It says something when we're disappointed that we've got a point against Man Utd, doesn't it?

Vardy was superb again. Excellent taken goal.

Drinkwater and Kante did play to their usual high standards to day, not to say they were poor because they have set the bar high. 

Fuchs was fantastic again and his assist was superb, he fast becoming a favourite.

The de Laet substitution was to try to win the game, I think. He's more attacking than Simpson but the tinkerman's plans just didn't pay off today.

We certainly had some great chances to win, with Ulloa not making the most of two excellent chances.

Shame we were slightly 'off' today of all days. I'll take a point though.

United came to little old Leicester and set up to nullify us and looked happy with a point, United had the bulk of the possession but we made the better chances, we have come a long way that Man Utd come to us and play for a point, 

dont associate "man utd" with that current team.

they were ordinary but they dictated the second half which upset me because at 1-0 i hoped we'd go on to bury them.

Imagine spending hundreds of millions of pounds on creating a possession based version of a Pulis team. Should have got Tony as their manager, I'm sure he'd have found some two bit tall donkey to play up front and provide a target for their aimless crosses, probably wouldn't have spent 40 million doing it either.

Disappointing not to win, we definitely had the better chances, whilst not necessarily playing the best. Still, we're still at the top, didn't lose and Vardy got the record, so it feels a bit churlish to complain about anything.

Archived