Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Didn't Man city beat us the other year to win the title?

I think we were the penultimate game. Beating us kept them 1 point above Liverpool and they had to win away at Brighton, or better Liverpool's result to actually win it.

Kompany scored that absolute screamer and Iheanacho missed a sitter.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I think we were the penultimate game. Beating us kept them 1 point above Liverpool and they had to win away at Brighton, or better Liverpool's result to actually win it.

Kompany scored that absolute screamer and Iheanacho missed a sitter.

On which subject, one colleague in one school is a Liverpool fan. Now, he's a great guy and all, but sadly the most negative, self-pitying example of a Greedy 6 supporting glory boy you can imagine. I happened to ask him the other week if he'd seen the Kelechi goal against Palace, and he absolutely lost his s**t over the miss referred to above, 2 years, and CL and PL win later. 

And just to avoid the predictable comments about bitter 'Scousers', it's worth noting that we have fans STILL angry with Kermorgant....

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

On which subject, one colleague in one school is a Liverpool fan. Now, he's a great guy and all, but sadly the most negative, self-pitying example of a Greedy 6 supporting glory boy you can imagine. I happened to ask him the other week if he'd seen the Kelechi goal against Palace, and he absolutely lost his s**t over the miss referred to above, 2 years, and CL and PL win later. 

And just to avoid the predictable comments about bitter 'Scousers', it's worth noting that we have fans STILL angry with Kermorgant....

Bet he was happy with Wes Morgan's 'handball' that came off his head though :whistle:

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

EXACTLY.

And don't even get me started on the horrendous tackle on Mane that led to an injury time penalty when I made an 8 hour round trip to Anfield :mad:

Summed them up as a football club for me though. I thought it'd be packed full of scousers and you couldn't buy a ticket for love nor money...I was wrong, most of their 'fans' that day appeared to be from South East Asia lol

I've only been to Anfield once, but that appears to be once more than any Liverpool fan I know.

Arseholes.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, StanSP said:

Must be the first time we've beaten all 'top six' in a season 

Arsenal 0-1 Leicester 

Leicester 3-1 Liverpool 

Leicester 2-0 Chelsea 

Man Utd 1-2 Leicester 

Spurs 0-2 Leicester 

Man City 2-5 Leicester 

I wonder if anyone has beaten those six in one season since they became known as the six?

I assume Man City/Liverpool have probably beaten all of the other 5 in the last season

15 hours ago, String fellow said:

If City draw their last away game 0-0, they'll have exactly the same away record this season as in 2015/16. Same number of wins, draws and losses and an identical number of goals scored and conceded.

What an odd coincidence that possibility is even on the cards. That stat does make you want to lament our home form this season...pointless though that would be.

12 minutes ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

What an odd coincidence that possibility is even on the cards. That stat does make you want to lament our home form this season...pointless though that would be.

Yes indeed, very odd, and all those home defeats have been the difference between this season and that extraordinary season. 

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Assuming he plays in the final, Jamie Vardy will be the first player to have played in every stage of the fa Cup. 

I heard this a while ago! I don’t think we’ll ever see this again! Let’s hope he plays!