Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

2 hours ago, Yes N'Didi said:

Really do hope this doesn't become the norm next season, games being spaced out over 4 days for tv coverage. It's one thing doing it when there's no fans in but games being moved to all sorts of stupid kick off times needs to end once fans are back.

2 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Really do hope this doesn't become the norm next season, games being spaced out over 4 days for tv coverage. It's one thing doing it when there's no fans in but games being moved to all sorts of stupid kick off times needs to end once fans are back.

It's scandalous really. An unspoken tradition at the heart of football. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, iancognito said:

Be a game z week the way we going

5 hours ago, Yes N'Didi said:

This is actually quite an unreal stat. No 3pm kick offs in 38 league games. December to February we weren't in Europe, and we were knocked out on 25 February anyway. Arsenal and United is understandable as they reached EL semi final and final.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

I know fans not being there means it's not impacted us physically but there still was plenty of space for a couple, as Koke said.

Worse for me was the amount of 7/7.15pm Sunday games which is a dreadful kick-off time.

3 hours ago, East Langton Fox said:

Nacho is the only premier league player to have scored on every day of the week. 

In the league in the same season.

11 hours ago, iancognito said:

Doubt it. They’re only spaced out so much so they can all be fit in for tv. 

Guest ttfn

Vardy scored more league goals from penalties than he did from open play this season.

I wonder when the last time that happened was before this (for us)? Nugent scored a lot of penalties in 13/14?

3 hours ago, ttfn said:

Vardy scored more league goals from penalties than he did from open play this season.

I wonder when the last time that happened was before this (for us)? Nugent scored a lot of penalties in 13/14?

Not sure about us but IIRC Andy Johnson scored 20 Premier League goals for Palace and 11 were from the penalty spot. This was back in 2004 or 3005.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Not sure about us but IIRC Andy Johnson scored 20 Premier League goals for Palace and 11 were from the penalty spot. This was back in 2004 or 3005.

The future?

17 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Kelechi Iheanacho didn't have a single Premier League goal on the day the January transfer window shut yet outscored Rashford, Mane, Cavani, Zaha, Aubameyang, Sterling & Antonio.

And Aguero

53 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

And Aguero

Although Aguero has undoubtedly been one of the greatest goalscorers in Premier League history, he only scored 4 more than me and you this season.

Technically, our minutes to goal ratio is way better lol

18 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Kelechi Iheanacho didn't have a single Premier League goal on the day the January transfer window shut yet outscored Rashford, Mane, Cavani, Zaha, Aubameyang, Sterling & Antonio.

A few had the odd injury, but it's still an amazing stat. Mane wasn't injured from memory though, who'd have thought Kel would outscore him, or Sterling, who was sort of relegated from Man City's first XI but still played most of the league games. Thank heavens for Iheanacho

12 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Although Aguero has undoubtedly been one of the greatest goalscorers in Premier League history, he only scored 4 more than me and you this season.

Technically, our minutes to goal ratio is way better lol

Am I being obtuse Tom, or is there a glaring mistake in that statement?

• Like 1