Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

Just now, The People's Hero said:

Thanks mate; I've got 3 days off the stuff now. I think I've even 'wasted' tuna wraps by having them on days we're not playing. What a bloody idiot. What was I thinking?

Poor form really mate, like Vards ease off on the training a bit and save the best stuff for match days.

6 big games for you coming up now!

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

I also apologise to Kele for not realising this causality thing until now. It must have been a frustrating few years for him, knowing he was playing that day, but I'd chosen chicken wings or something like that for my dinner/match-snack.

You must have had some crap Vegan rubbish when we played Palace away!

19 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Everytime I have a tuna wrap before (and now during) the game, Kele scores.

Today, I forgot and had Sunday's roast dinner re-heated as a stew.

Out of desperation for a goal, I forced down a tuna wrap in the second half. I had only two thirds schnauzered it (mayo, tabasco sauce, red onion, green pepper, cucumber, wholemeal wrap, if wondering) when Nacho obliged.

I'm so bloody sick of tuna and yet I really want CL and the FA cup. I'm going to just eat tuna wraps throughout the FA cup final and I appeal to you all to join me.

Thank you for your service

39 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

r/lcfc - Point watch: We have now matched last seasons haul meaning this is our joint second highest PL point haul in the PL in our history. Anything more will mean this is our second best season in the PL ever.

We have now matched last seasons total points haul meaning this is our joint second highest Premier League point tallying our history.

Any more points will mean this is our second best season in the PL ever.

We didn't lose three games on the trot prior to WBA?

57 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

r/lcfc - Point watch: We have now matched last seasons haul meaning this is our joint second highest PL point haul in the PL in our history. Anything more will mean this is our second best season in the PL ever.

We have now matched last seasons total points haul meaning this is our joint second highest Premier League point tallying our history.

Any more points will mean this is our second best season in the PL ever.

We really did take a dive last season looking at that, great that we are looking to correct that now. 

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The difference for me is quite simply Iheanacho. Last season when we fell apart we desperately needed someone to step up to the plate, but Tielemans, Maddison, Vardy could not do it. Not to say the rest of the team have been bad, but Nacho has been the hero we needed! He's the most in-form player in the league right now.

mate if he gets us to the Champions League and wins us an FA Cup, I want a statue of the lad on his knees celebrating alongside the one of Vardy yelling "ALL ME, ALL ****ING ME". :P

What a turnaround. Even if this proves to be a highwater mark for his time with us, he's saved our season just when Vardy's injury and loss of form looked to have us mullered. This could be up there as one of our greatest ever seasons and he's been instrumental.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Everytime I have a tuna wrap before (and now during) the game, Kele scores.

Today, I forgot and had Sunday's roast dinner re-heated as a stew.

Out of desperation for a goal, I forced down a tuna wrap in the second half. I had only two thirds schnauzered it (mayo, tabasco sauce, red onion, green pepper, cucumber, wholemeal wrap, if wondering) when Nacho obliged.

I'm so bloody sick of tuna and yet I really want CL and the FA cup. I'm going to just eat tuna wraps throughout the FA cup final and I appeal to you all to join me.

I’ve never seen a more fitting username on here. You are The People’s Hero, indeed. 

22 minutes ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

Since sept 2019 Lcfc have only been out of the top 4 one day, which was last day of last season 

Surely dropping out of the top 4 on the last day of the season meant that we were out of the top 4 throughout the close season, which if I recall correctly, was a tad longer than one day.

Btw, we need 19 more points this season from the remaining 5 games (!) to achieve an overall end-of-season PL average points total of exactly 50, based on every season that City have been in the PL since it began.

Edited by String fellow

6 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Surely dropping out of the top 4 on the last day of the season meant that we were out of the top 4 throughout the close season, which if I recall correctly, was a tad longer than one day.

Btw, we need 19 more points this season from the remaining 5 games (!) to achieve an overall end-of-season PL average points total of exactly 50, based on every season that City have been in the PL since it began.

Nah, once final places have been decided the table is finalised and reset the next day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

If the table was reset to zero presumably, alphabetically City wouldn't have been in the top 4!

That is not how football leagues work. 

A zero game table is based on a coefficient of your average position over the last 12 months, regardless of actual alphabetical merit.

Which clearly puts us back in the top 4 over the summer.

11 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

That is not how football leagues work. 

A zero game table is based on a coefficient of your average position over the last 12 months, regardless of actual alphabetical merit.

Which clearly puts us back in the top 4 over the summer.

If you say so. However, every zero game table I've ever seen has been given in alphabetical order. 

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

If you say so. However, every zero game table I've ever seen has been given in alphabetical order. 

Except they aren't actually positions in the league, just a way of showing the teams in some order before a games played. If they were actual positions you can guarantee Arsenal would be claiming they were top all summer.