Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

4 hours ago, Stivo said:

We have won 6 consecutive fa cup games -  that must be a record?!

I hope we can have a proper go at defending it- our League Cup defences in 1997 and 2000 were terrible.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

I hope we can have a proper go at defending it- our League Cup defences in 1997 and 2000 were terrible.

3rd round draw - away to Man City, you just know it.

9 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Full list

Manchester United 

Liverpool 

Arsenal

Manchester City 

Chelsea

Tottenham Hotspur

Aston Villa

Wolves

Blackburn

Sheffield Wednesday 

Nottingham Forest

West Brom

Leeds United 

Leicester City

Without checking, I'm calling this wrong; Arsenal, at least, haven't dropped below the second tier.

I suspect you are confusing the old 'Division One' (which was the top flight) with the current 'Division One' which is the old 'Division Three'

12 minutes ago, Buce said:

Without checking, I'm calling this wrong; Arsenal, at least, haven't dropped below the second tier.

I suspect you are confusing the old 'Division One' (which was the top flight) with the current 'Division One' which is the old 'Division Three'

He was listing the teams who have won the League, FA Cup, League Cup and Charity Shield. Plenty of those teams haven't been below the second tier.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Corky said:

He was listing the teams who have won the League, FA Cup, League Cup and Charity Shield. Plenty of those teams haven't been below the second tier.

Yep, I misread it. :doh:

Thanks.

• Like 1

On 17/05/2021 at 12:26, Aus Fox said:

Bloody hell that last stat about Tielemans being born when Matt Elliott scored against Sheff Wed makes me feel bloody old!

The celebrations there were brilliant! And part of me thought this was as good as it gets as a Leicester fan - a league cup, staying up and a trip into Europe. Little did I know what was about to come!

Brought back some memories. I had to work in London that day. Walked out of Leicester station and heard a massive raw from Filbert Street, Elliott had just scored. 

When we appear in the Community Shield on August 7th it will be the 50th anniversary of our first appearance in the fixture. 

Bonus fact: we were only the second club to attend the fixture despite having never won the league or the FA Cup. We’ve finally won both. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

When we appear in the Community Shield on August 7th it will be the 50th anniversary of our first appearance in the fixture. 

Bonus fact: we were only the second club to attend the fixture despite having never won the league or the FA Cup. We’ve finally won both. 

Other team is Brighton I think.

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Other team is Brighton I think.

I think it's a bit desperate to claim our CS win.

As Second Division Champions we had no business being in it.

3 hours ago, Buce said:

I think it's a bit desperate to claim our CS win.

As Second Division Champions we had no business being in it.

We were in the final, and we won, so we won it. But you're right it would be nice to win it by qualifying the proper way.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1