Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

45 minutes ago, glenny_fox said:

At 372 matches for Leicester, Kasper Schmeichel holds the European record for most league matches played for the same club during the last 10 years. Lionel Messi is 2nd at 340 matches for Barcelona.

**** off Messi you’ll never beat our Kasper

13 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

r/lcfc - Point watch: We have now matched last seasons haul meaning this is our joint second highest PL point haul in the PL in our history. Anything more will mean this is our second best season in the PL ever.

We have now matched last seasons total points haul meaning this is our joint second highest Premier League point tallying our history.

Any more points will mean this is our second best season in the PL ever.

Shows how consistent we have been too. 

Draw a straight line for either of the last two years and you'll see a fair bit more variance during the season from what is effectively a points per game ratio.

1 hour ago, glenny_fox said:

At 372 matches for Leicester, Kasper Schmeichel holds the European record for most league matches played for the same club during the last 10 years. Lionel Messi is 2nd at 340 matches for Barcelona.

That's actually ridiculous. Well in, Kasper.

City equal record for best-ever era
City are now guaranteed a top-half finish. Ten teams, including ‘Super’ club Arsenal, can no longer catch them.

Clearly, their sights are set higher than merely finishing in the top 10, but it should not be taken for granted.

A top-half finish for the fourth year in a row is a club record in the top flight, matching periods in the late 1920s and in the Martin O’Neill era. For City, these are the best of times.

So while the Champions League is the aim, and it will be somewhat of a disappointment if they don’t get there now, it should also be celebrated that the club are enjoying their best-ever period.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

City are now guaranteed a top-half finish. Ten teams, including ‘Super’ club Arsenal, can no longer catch them.

Clearly, their sights are set higher than merely finishing in the top 10, but it should not be taken for granted.

A top-half finish for the fourth year in a row is a club record in the top flight, matching periods in the late 1920s and in the Martin O’Neill era. For City, these are the best of times.

So while the Champions League is the aim, and it will be somewhat of a disappointment if they don’t get there now, it should also be celebrated that the club are enjoying their best-ever period.

It might seem a bit narrow minded and small time mentality, but I just remember when we won the league, it was the first time we had finished as the top Midlands side for 55 years. I think we have done it 4 out of the last 6 now. 

14 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

r/lcfc - Point watch: We have now matched last seasons haul meaning this is our joint second highest PL point haul in the PL in our history. Anything more will mean this is our second best season in the PL ever.

We have now matched last seasons total points haul meaning this is our joint second highest Premier League point tallying our history.

Any more points will mean this is our second best season in the PL ever.

Is that your graph? 3 shades of blue and light grey for 4 different things is pretty hard to read. 

1 hour ago, davieG said:

And 1 goal against Bournemouth would have made that 6 years in a row!

Despite that, 12 might not have as nice a ring to it as 10, but that is now 6 consecutive top 12 top flight finishes & which is a club record all on its own. :scarf:

And while looking at finishing positions, irrespective of league:

Under Martin O'Neil, we had 5 finishes in a row of at least 10th. :celebrate:

Then, from Peter Taylor's appointment in 2000, we had 7 out of 8 years finishing 13th or lower. :mad:

Then, from Nigel Pearson's appointment in 2008, we've had 10 out of 12 years finishing 10th or higher.:celebrate:

Really puts into perspective the rise then fall then rise over the last 25 years!

31 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

Then, from Nigel Pearson's appointment in 2008, we've had 10 out of 12 years finishing 10th or higher.:celebrate:

Really puts into perspective the rise then fall then rise over the last 25 years!

Six of those were outside the PL, bit generous throwing those in.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

Six of those were outside the PL, bit generous throwing those in.

I was trying (unsuccessfully) to make a wider point than just PL finishes (football isn't just about the Premier League ;)): more about winning or losing games: it doesn't matter what league you are in - if you are winning more games than you are losing, you are finishing in the top half and vice versa.

Just think about everything around the club that goes with either finishing in the top 10 or lower than 13th: having a winning mentality or a losing mentality, as a fan going into games expecting to win or expecting to lose, whether you are looking forward to games or dreading them, whether you are behind the manager or you want him out whether you are flooding the message boards with praise or anger!

It might be a bit simplistic, but looking back, I hadn't realised how extreme the swings have been: just how tough it was going through those 7 out of 8 years of misery, and just how good we've had it for so long, the only finish lower than 13th in the last 12 years was the Greatest Escape season!

6 hours ago, glenny_fox said:

Mark Noble must be somewhere near the top of this list as well.

Edited by String fellow

17 hours ago, davieG said:

Is this a quote from the Mercury? 

Shows both how in-form Kelechi is, but also what a turn around in form he has shown. Gone from stinking the place out against Palace in January to being in better form than Kane and Mbappe. You couldn't make it up!

Fans of Rodrigo De Paul (who we were linked with in the summer) can also feel smug here. Not only in form, but having a very good season.

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Shows both how in-form Kelechi is, but also what a turn around in form he has shown. Gone from stinking the place out against Palace in January to being in better form than Kane and Mbappe. You couldn't make it up!

Fans of Rodrigo De Paul (who we were linked with in the summer) can also feel smug here. Not only in form, but having a very good season.

Strider, I'm guessing you're feeling smug then :ph34r:

49 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Strider, I'm guessing you're feeling smug then :ph34r:

TBH I was indifferent on him because I haven't really seen him play enough to comment. I have heard good things about him and from the clips looks like a highly technical attacking midfielder, but he's more of an 8/10 hybrid like Maddison and Praet than a right inside forward. Udinese want 30m+ for him, which he's probably worth, but I thought that could be better invested in the team elsewhere. Under didn't work out, but think that was the type of signing we needed to make and was please with that piece of business.

But his form suggests he'd probably force his way into the first team wherever he goes. 

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

TBH I was indifferent on him because I haven't really seen him play enough to comment. I have heard good things about him and from the clips looks like a highly technical attacking midfielder, but he's more of an 8/10 hybrid like Maddison and Praet than a right inside forward. Udinese want 30m+ for him, which he's probably worth, but I thought that could be better invested in the team elsewhere. Under didn't work out, but think that was the type of signing we needed to make and was please with that piece of business.

But his form suggests he'd probably force his way into the first team wherever he goes. 

I was just teasing you fella. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

When was the last time the title was confirmed with a game the champions actually played in? Was probably last year but seems like ages ago lol

Think the commentator said this is the second year running.

So it would last have been in 18/19 when Man City beat Brighton? On the last day to fend off Liverpool. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Think the commentator said this is the second year running.

So it would last have been in 18/19 when Man City beat Brighton? On the last day to fend off Liverpool. 

Didn't Man city beat us the other year to win the title?