Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

This is the lowest number of losses we've had in a non-shortened season since we joined the Football League.

OK, OK, in the 1893-94 Midland Football League, we also only had three losses for the season, and we only had one loss in the 1939-1940 season before World War II happened, but the first one was not in the Football League and the second season was cut short, so I'll have satisfied you pedants.

If someone finds something wrong with this stat, I'll go off and shoot myself. (joke)

This is the lowest number of losses we've had in a non-shortened season since we joined the Football League.

OK, OK, in the 1893-94 Midland Football League, we also only had three losses for the season, and we only had one loss in the 1939-1940 season before World War II happened, but the first one was not in the Football League and the second season was cut short, so I'll have satisfied you pedants.

If someone finds something wrong with this stat, I'll go off and shoot myself. (joke)

One caveat; so far!

Ok, so I don't want you to shoot yourself or anything but, the stat you claim is based on 30 games so far this season. Therefore a shortened season.

We only had 4 I believe in the League 1 winning season, so if we lose 1 or 2 of the last 8 games this is incorrect.

So if you are basing this on a non shortened season, we need to wait until this season becomes a full season.

• Like 1

Ok, so I don't want you to shoot yourself or anything but, the stat you claim is based on 30 games so far this season. Therefore a shortened season.

We only had 4 I believe in the League 1 winning season, so if we lose 1 or 2 of the last 8 games this is incorrect.

So if you are basing this on a non shortened season, we need to wait until this season becomes a full season.

lol

The fox is the most abundant member of the order Carnivora making it one of the most successful species of mammal or even animal on the planet.  It is native to almost every country in the Northern Hemisphere (green=native, blue=introduce, orange=uncertain).

1024px-Wiki-Vulpes_vulpes.png

By Zoologist - Own work, based on: IUCN Red List http://www.iucnredlist.org/details/23062/0 (published in 2008) and http://www.canids.org/species/Red_fox.pdf (from Canids: Foxes, Wolves, Jackals and Dogs - 2004 Status Survey and Conservation Action Plan, published in 2004), CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=5992675

• Like 1

Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard, Yaya Toure, Andrei Kanchelskis. Before today only six players had netted 16 goals in a Premier League season, despite not playing as a forward.

At Crystal Palace, Riyad Mahrez joined that list, his 16th Premier League goal of the season

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/mahrez-joins-ronaldo-exclusive-club-5-things-crystal-palace-0-1-leicester#0rvGe6tRx0EqeAFi.99

• Like 3

This is my first ever post on this forum - long-time fan, new-time forumee - so I bloody hope it's right:

Leicester's PL goals-conceded-per-game ratio is now under 1 per game since that 4-3 loss to Spurs last season: 39 goals conceded in 40 games after today.  Remarkable; just one more way this season (+ the end of last) is remarkable.

I had a horrible feeling that our great run from March last year would last precisely 38 games (the equivalent of a full season) - and the last 9 games of this season would be the reverse of last. But with the Newcastle and Palace wins it's now stretched to 40 games, from which we have taken 88 points.  

How good is that? Well, it's not ideal comparing bits of seasons with a full campaign, but in the history of English league football there has been just one top flight season in which each team played exactly 40 games (rather than the usual 42 or 38). The champions that year got 90 points. That team is regarded by many as one of the greatest (if not THE greatest) in English football history. Any idea who I'm refering to?  (Answer below in small letters).

Liverpool 1987/88

This is my first ever post on this forum - long-time fan, new-time forumee - so I bloody hope it's right:

Leicester's PL goals-conceded-per-game ratio is now under 1 per game since that 4-3 loss to Spurs last season: 39 goals conceded in 40 games after today.  Remarkable; just one more way this season (+ the end of last) is remarkable.

Even more ridiculous to think that we let in 14 in our first 7 this season as well.

Our defensive records from October onwards must be ridiculous.

• Like 1

If the Foxes go on to win the title, I believe they will be the only team to have been champions of the third, second and top tier in English football - and all in the space of 7 years

Ipswich town. From 57 to 62. Had I think more than one player who won all 3 too, so Andy King won't be the first.

They also won the UEFA Cup in 81.

Our defensive records from October onwards must be ridiculous.

Sine the first 7 games - 24 games, 17 goals conceded at an average of 0.72 goals per game.

Season is average is one per game which shows how significantly we have improved since Fuchs/Simpson came in and we started playing the Italian way.

Ipswich town. From 57 to 62. Had I think more than one player who won all 3 too, so Andy King won't be the first.

They also won the UEFA Cup in 81.

Whilst it's true that Ipswich won the old division one and two, they didn't win a national third tier league like we did. They won the old division three South which didn't include teams north of Leicester. When we won the current league one we had to play teams like Leeds, Oldham and Huddersfield. We also had to play away games as far north as Carlisle and Hartlepool and down south as far as Yeovil and Brighton . So if we do win the premier league this season , we will have achieved something unique in winning league one, league two and the premier league. And Andy King will also be unique in being a champion in the top three national leagues.

• Like 2

Whilst it's true that Ipswich won the old division one and two, they didn't win a national third tier league like we did. They won the old division three South which didn't include teams north of Leicester. When we won the current league one we had to play teams like Leeds, Oldham and Huddersfield. We also had to play away games as far north as Carlisle and Hartlepool and down south as far as Yeovil and Brighton . So if we do win the premier league this season , we will have achieved something unique in winning league one, league two and the premier league. And Andy King will also be unique in being a champion in the top three national leagues.

Think you're reaching a bit there... Ipswich clearly did the same achievement regardless of how the third tier was divided at the time.