Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Liverpool (a) post match thread 1 - 0

The game today exposed our lack of depth in the midfield today. Kante has to do the job of two in there as Andy King went full on missing in action. He did nothing of note with the ball and was caught ball watching plenty of times in defence. Absolutely dreadful today. He's not good enough.

We looked better when Dyer, Ulloa and Kramaric came on, changes should have been made much earlier as everyone could see from the first half it wasn't working. Fair play to Kramaric who after being out the side for so long showed commitment and determination to sprint all the way back to our goal line to block that 2nd shot!

Following this only on FT and it sounded like we were shite and lucky not to lose by more.

Still....we can't expect to win every game - there will always be off days. I just hope this wasn't a case of over-indulgence (still remember the Brighton defeat the match after we went up...)

Key takeaway for me is that we lack strength in depth and we need to strengthen in January. Oh and CR - there are times when it is right to tinker!!!

Bring on Man City!

We were second best all over the park today so no real complaints with the result. We only started to put them under pressure in the last 10 mins but tactical time wasting with two subs and Sakho laying on the floor clutching his hamstring killed it dead.

Next!

Not at our best today, partly due to missing Drinkwater and keeping Okazaki on for too long but partly due to Liverpool matching us up and keeping up with the work rate.

King ****ing missing again. He's too passive and never takes a game by the balls.

Kramaric did what he could in his 15 mins.

Let's pick ourselves up quickly.

Shows a lot of people on here a bit of realism as to where we are.

Top 4 would still be a miracle. We have a couple of top top players in mahrez (who didn't turn up today) and Kante (Arguably MOTM in every game he has played). Then some good ones in Huth, Vardy, Morgan, Fuchs, Drinkwater....and then some average ones.

Whether you like it or not, we don't have the 'technical ability' to achieve the top 4.....we will only do so from other teams not achieving what they should.

But this is the beginning of Ranieri's project, I cant wait for the future.

Kaspers distribution was shocking , king ain't good enough and I think teams will realise if they play 442 we will struggle. We move on and look at man city but tbh I think we will get smashed if we play like that against them

Oh well so it goes

Kante and Morgan were head and shoulders above others imo, while King and Albrighton had a mare. That was probably the poorest offensive display I've seen this season from City.

I should probably stop posting here, my first match thread and I'm afraid I jinxed the result :(

Still top of the league lads. Safety just a few points away :D

Oka pretty much didn't touch the ball after he was kept on over Vardy and Mahrez (who were both also poor) but I'm sure they would have at least got involved!

Kram got his chance and pranced about like Bambi again.

You sound a bit stupid.

Vardy didn't hardly touch the ball in 80 mins and you complain about the last 10 mins of Okazaki and Kram. 10 mins isn't much of a chance.

I'd actually say we had more chance of scoring in the last 10 than the rest of the game.

We actually got into them.

Archived