Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Liverpool (a) post match thread 1 - 0

The interesting part for me will be if we lose against City, now the team respond to a ew defeats in a row.

Considering we turned it around last season I see no reason why we should worry too much. We're virtually safe so we should just be able to go out and play without too much worry.

Also I hate to bring this topic up again, but the treatment of Okazaki from our fans is disgraceful.

I can just about sit there and ignore the moronic comments about his ability and job he does in the team as unfortunately some people just aren't educated enough to see how useful he can be.

I was sat in front of someone today who was being straight up racist: 'get that ****ing jap off' 'that jap is a waste of space' 'that jappy ozagaki is useless'. It makes my own view of Leicester fans so negative and it needs to stpp

Why didnt you just clock the twat one?

Sean StLedger said on twitter that Vards had been "under the weather" the last few days, take from that what you will.

Is some of our players still in contact with Ledger!?

Maybe he can put a good word in for us to Kaka! Cheeky loan deal till end of the season would work nicely for all parties especially for Kaka to pick up a premier league winners medal too lol

Also I hate to bring this topic up again, but the treatment of Okazaki from our fans is disgraceful.

I can just about sit there and ignore the moronic comments about his ability and job he does in the team as unfortunately some people just aren't educated enough to see how useful he can be.

I was sat in front of someone today who was being straight up racist: 'get that ****ing jap off' 'that jap is a waste of space' 'that jappy ozagaki is useless'. It makes my own view of Leicester fans so negative and it needs to stpp

Very sad.

Bad day at the office for the team today; but hopefully just a blip. I would have brought on Inler and Kram after 10-15 mins of the second half for King and Okazaki - would have mixed it up a bit and they would both have had a reasonable half and hour or so to demonstrate their worth (nor not). 

Today shows why we won't win the league.

Vardy apparently played with a virus and wasn't anywhere near 100%

This shows our lack of strength in depth up front.

Ulloa and Oza are not good enough to score enough goals if Vardy is not on his game.

I think it's imperative (if we won't to win the league) that we get another top striker at the club.

I'm afraid neither Ulloa, Shinji nor Kram will score us anywhere near the goals Vardy does, or play like he plays.

A team really having title aspirations would today have rested Vardy and brought in someone nearly as good.

Guest seanfox778

So moronic and disappointing.

CR's post match comments to BBC

"We started to play too late. Liverpool pushed from the beginning and for this season they deserved to win. 

"They showed a very good character and we tried to do our best but maybe in the first half we were too nervous to play our football.

"The second half was much better, but it is ok.

"Jamie Vardy played with a fever and I had to change him and Riyad Mahrez was very tired.

"Now we have to clean our mind and get ready for the next match [against Manchester City]. Another big rock."

If you'd said we would have lost only to Liverpool in this December run I would have snapped your hand off. We've done extremely well!

Well said buddy too many people worrying our bubble fine and so are our wheels you can't play at 100mph for every game sometimes teams have a bad day,let's hope today is our 1 and only bad day for the rest of the season and do something we have only dreamed about and others say we can't ever achieve it !!

Come on city back to work Tuesday and a win to keep us on track !!

Players are entitled to off days, that's all part of the game. Unfortunately too many had their off days all at the same time.

Albrighton offered nothing yet gain. Needs a rest and giving someone else a go on that left side. King did a vanishing act - he's a good all round midfielder but lacks the creativity of Drinkwater. 

Little touches that normally come off weren't happening today either.

Liverpool outplayed us tactically so they do deserve credit. We have to start to expect that now. People can't just assume that their usual game will be enough to beat us, they have to counteract our system and Klopp got it spot on.

A 1-0 defeat at Anfield is not the end of the world. It's how we react to this defeat that says more about us than the defeat itself.

When Kramaric came on, I really thought it was his opportunity to win back some credibility but he had no service. What a story that would have been.

Guest CityFan 06

Liverpool the better side today. They probably deserved the 3pts in all fairness. To only lose one away game in 9 months, and to only lose 2 games this season against Arsenal and Liverpool is still highly impressive. Onto the next one on Tuesday night against Man City.

I had a few wankers around me today, intent of ruining it for other people there was a stand between a couple of fans too. You're not doing the club any favours acting like Neanderthals in your stone island gear thinking you're some kind of hooligan group. And the fact grown men (term used very loosely), egg the younger lads on in embarrassing. It's okay to criticise the players, everyone is entitled to an opinion but do it constructively.

Archived