Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Liverpool (a) post match thread 1 - 0

Watched on a live stream. Outnumbered in midfield. Kante usual workhorse performance and Morgan solid at the back. But no one to control the ball and proceedings. Better side won but we were going to lose at some point and every team is going to have a bad day. Today was definitely that. The key now will be to dust ourselves down for Man City.

Shame with the way Liverpool have been playing recently, but if the teams chasing us had gone to Anfield and lost 1/0 you wouldn't have batted an eyelid. Even the teams at the top can go to mid table teams and struggle to perform, happens every season.

Facecloth you are a disgrace.

Typing the score as 1/0 not 1-0, who does that?

Very idiot.

We are top of the league, I would have snapped your hands off if someone offered me only two defeats so far lol Liverpool were very good today, and they shown so great belief. Klopp knows what he is doing, tactically he is one of the best around... we have 20 games to get to that 40 points now I think we might just do it

Here we go again...

We're still top..we hadn't lost in ages and suddenly....Andy King ain't good enough.

Christ, this forum sometimes...

But he clearly isn't good enough to be a sustained starter on a top-half team. He clearly has quality and poaches goals with the best of them, but I don't know if those traits suit this club's current style.

End of the day Lpool came out to make it difficult for us to play our game and you have to say they did very well in that respect.  You can blame our players for not being on form on the day all you like, the fact is we never had the space we're normally used to breaking forwards and Liverpool deserve a lot of credit for that.  If a team with their quality can only beat us by a single goal at home having had the momentum all game then I don't think we need to throw the towel in just yet lads.

A bit of perspective no away side won today (yet) 5 losses 3 draws

Hopefully that means Arsenal won't be winning then and we'll still be top! :fc:

It just pissed me off how bad Liverpool have been in the last few games/majority of the season and today it sounded like they were all over us.

Here we go again...

We're still top..we hadn't lost in ages and suddenly....Andy King ain't good enough.

Christ, this forum sometimes...

yup, totally pathetic. Kingy was poor today, but you'll be hard pushed to find someone other than N'Golo who wasn't. He'll be back to prove them wrong again.

Today reminded me a little of the Brighton game when the players had been,....under preparing :xmasohmy:

Makes me wonder if they had achieved their first goal and were allowed to celebrate Xmas.

If so, I cant blame them but hopefully against Man. City they will be back up to speed.

We've become so used to playing a certain way and most of the side putting a tremendous performance in each week that defeats and poor displays will come as a shock. But we didn't panic when we lost to Chelsea or Arsenal so no need to start now.

Squad needs strengthening, hopefully Drinkwater is back for Tuesday and we put this game to bed and move on quickly.

Today reminded me a little of the Brighton game when the players had been,....under preparing :xmasohmy:

Makes me wonder if they had achieved their first goal and were allowed to celebrate Xmas.

If so, I cant blame them but hopefully against Man. City they will be back up to speed.

I wondered that too...

Archived