Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Spurs AWAY FA Cup Third Round post match thread 2 - 2

Ridiculous. Why are they going to Harry Kane for the first interview? He was on the bench for most of the game and hardly touched the ball when he was on, and when he did it was to put away a penalty that should never have been given.

Decause de dored a denalty dor doddenham (in his own words)

Spurs should thank the ref. Great performance second half.

Wasyl was my MOM. Chilwell quite amazing and Gray had his moments too. Okazaki was great when he came on.

Good subs from CR. Must've been some proper half time talk from the boss. I've expected a bit more from Dyer second half, but...

Oh well, next time = next ref. Onwards and upwards!

Well totally robbed there, no way a pen. The refs looking after the London boys. We didn't particularly play very well but at the end of the day goals that count, sadly one of them shouldn't have been. The only good thing I can say is, our second string at least managed to pull off a draw at white hart lane.

Good show from our fans-"shit Jamie Vardy" all over the Beeb lol

Excellent to see our second string do so well-particular highlights from Was (again), King (massive performance-he was everywhere), Chilwell and Gray. Inler looked decent too, and Benny was tight. Really positive showing, just a shame the ref called the pen wrong and we got the replay.

Referee couldn't even see the ball from where he was so how he can conclude from that it was a handball (it was) let alone a deliberate one (no chance) is beyond me.

Absolutely pathetic, I'm fuming.

Regardless of the controversial nature of their second, thought it was a fair result. Standouts for us were Okazaki who was immense in his second-half cameo, Chilwell, who I thought really looked the part, and King and Inler in the middle, who were both very tidy.

Don't think de Laet was as bad as has been suggested, and put in some great tackles, but Dyer had another mare to go with his shocker against Bournemouth. As was the case earlier in the season when he was lumbered with Mahrez failing to do his defensive duties adequately, I can't blame Richie for the joy they got down the left while his cover was found wanting so many times. Simpson remains a better option there, but has benefited from Mahrez actually starting to effectively track-back.

Schmeichel blew hot and cold today - some solid saves, but baffles me why he kept punching catchable balls. He was entirely to blame for their first.

Onwards and upwards, though I hate that we seem to play these media darlings so often, and are now lumbered with yet another contest against them.

Referee couldn't even see the ball from where he was so how he can conclude from that it was a handball (it was) let alone a deliberate one (no chance) is beyond me.

Absolutely pathetic, I'm fuming.

yeah didnt see that til post match analysis but he has to see through danny rose to give the penalty, as well as being able to tell it was deliberate. what a c unt. i hope his eyes fall out. 

'Last minute Kane penalty earns Spurs replay after poor ref decision.'

...is just about the last sentence i'd have wanted to hear after that game. Why couldn't Wasyl snap the potato in half before it had to get to that?

Archived