Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Spurs AWAY FA Cup Third Round post match thread 2 - 2

Guest CityFan 06

Well, disappointed to not get the win. But, we were both resilient and organised today, we stood strong as a unit despite numerous Spurs attacks. Fantastic corner from Gray for Wasyl's header, which was an equally as good finish. Ranieri proving just what a good manager he is again today, bringing on Okazaki to change the game and score for us. Then, he bought on Albrighton to add a bit of defensive stability, so two really good subs who played well in my opinion.

Gray looked steady and had a few good moments, especially that shot from the outside of the box which I thought was in. Wasyl and Benalouane were solid for the most part.

So, now we move on to Wednesday, and hopefully we can get a good result.

First half we were poor. Ulloa had no support and we were just launching the ball to him but he wasn't winning headers. Very frustrating. The change at half time changed the game, especially in our favour, and we were very unlucky not to win the game. Wasn't a penalty but the referee only has one look. 

Thought Kasper should have saved  the initial shot which led to the first goal. Parried straight back into a dangerous area.

good second half performance and obviously very frustrating to concede at the end, we looked very comfortable all second half and the only way spurs were gonna get one was divine intervention. On the flip side to that, they had a strong team out and looked very beatable, i expect us to go and take the game to them on wednesday and get at least a point.

thought chilwell and king were standout players, gray, okazaki and inler also put in good shifts as well.

hard to be too disappointed after that based simply on the performance and that our second string looked better than their first. but also, tottenham fans are renowned for being classless yobs so it is quite annoying that they've scabbed away here and got a result that tapers over the many cracks in their team

Positives today though - Okazaki looking much better, great debut for Demarai, Chilwell good 2nd half, great defending from a reserve back 4, King getting stuck in and Inler looked improved too. Think we'll do them in the replay

pretty much everything was a positive bar the dyer/rdl partnership id say 

Benny brilliant again in the cup. So underrated.

Chillwell quality second half

Gray looks every bit the Leicester player... Amusing how well Marc did when he came on, amazing what a bit of pressure does!

Didn't realise the replay was so soon, will be up late supporting from Hong Kong for that one!

Positives today though - Okazaki looking much better, great debut for Demarai, Chilwell good 2nd half, great defending from a reserve back 4, King getting stuck in and Inler looked improved too. Think we'll do them in the replay

We will do them Wednesday... they had all their luck tonight

Guest CityFan 06

I noticed that we looked organised throughout today really. The defensive line stood strong, and everyone worked for each other.

Just dug out Pearsons reaction to another Bobby Madley shocker away to Man City last season -

"Yes. Simple answer. Three throughout the game - (Andrej) Kramaric in both halves, the second one you could probably say was a bit more marginal but there was contact. The third one on the line is in the box.

"I am not talking about them (referees), sorry. Not tonight. You can talk about them and ask the relevant authorities.

"I don't think there is any point me talking about the referee. They are a resilient group so we will have to get on with it. We can't do anything about it.

"It is up to the authorities. Our players give everything they have got and they have done again tonight."

I remember Madleys smugness as he said "No it wasn't (inside the box)" and laughed in the players face, video evidence proved the player was right. He's the worst kind of ref with that arrogance coupled with his general crapness.

It's times like today it winds me up that referees don't have to justify their decisions to the fans. Either he has X-ray vision, or he couldn't see it was handball let alone deliberate and gave the penalty for some other reason. But, that's it, he gave it and us as fans get ****ed sideways without even an explanation!

No idea if anyone has posted this point but I'm happy that our fringe players get another run out to build their match fitness and some of Spurs first team players (like dier and erikson) have to play another fixture.

Dier barely had to move from the centre circle so I think he will okay. 

Really was an entertaining game, Chilwell didn't look too out of place, a few pass backs to Kasper that had my heart in my mouth, but that's because I couldn't see the full picture. Based on his start we could have a promising left hand side for years to come with him and Gray.

Archived