Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

King Richards road right now - Ranieri mural

Hi everyone.

I am the marketing manager at Marks Electrical, the shop that the mural is on. I thought I would update you on what is happening with it.

We have now commissioned the artist Richard to continue the mural and add all the players. It's going to look great!

I see that people are getting their picture taken with the mural. If you email your picture to [email protected] we will put your picture on our tribute page - http://markselectrical.co.uk/leicester-city-tribute.html

Feel free to add a message to our fan wall too.

All the best.

Hi everyone.

I am the marketing manager at Marks Electrical, the shop that the mural is on. I thought I would update you on what is happening with it.

We have now commissioned the artist Richard to continue the mural and add all the players. It's going to look great!

I see that people are getting their picture taken with the mural. If you email your picture to football@@MarksElectrical.co.uk we will put your picture on our tribute page - http://markselectrical.co.uk/leicester-city-tribute.html

All the best.

Brilliant, can't wait to see it.

Hi everyone.

I see that people are getting their picture taken with the mural. If you email your picture to football@@MarksElectrical.co.uk we will put your picture on our tribute page - http://markselectrical.co.uk/leicester-city-tribute.html

All the best.

I know it's good publicity for you but that's fantastic, well done!!!

Hi everyone.

I see that people are getting their picture taken with the mural. If you email your picture to football@@MarksElectrical.co.uk we will put your picture on our tribute page - http://markselectrical.co.uk/leicester-city-tribute.html

All the best.

Great job Mr marketing manager!

Hi everyone.

All the best.

Anything you can do to protect it once it's done? Clear perspex sheets mounted over it, something like that to stop the vandals.

I think I should get an award for being some sort of blind bastard as I walked down King Richard's Road the other day and I couldn't find it

The shop is on King Richards Road, however the mural is on the back. So go to the shop, go down Kate Street at the side of the shop to the back and you will see it.

Anything you can do to protect it once it's done? Clear perspex sheets mounted over it, something like that to stop the vandals.

Yes, we have discussed this. We will do it once it's finished.

Thanks.

Ranieri might be disappointed with the level of wrinkles created! :whistle::P

Just joking, great art and hope the council don't get some complaints and decide to wash it off...

It's actually off King Richards road, behind Marks Electrical. 

The shop is on King Richards Road, however the mural is on the back. So go to the shop, go down Kate Street at the side of the shop to the back and you will see it.

Yes, we have discussed this. We will do it once it's finished.

Thanks.

That's good to know - I'd been sent home from work early because I wasn't well and was starting to think the whole thing was a feverish dream.

I feel a lot better now and apparently Leicester City have actually won the Premier League and it wasn't just a vision caused by me necking to many Lemsip Max tablets

Hi everyone.

All the best.

When will the players be added? I'd prefer to have my pic as it is currently.

Leicester City mural can go ahead thanks to hotel waiving £1,200 bill for artist

By Tom_Mack  |  Posted: May 11, 2016

14276624-large.jpg

Leicester City mural can go ahead thanks to hotel waiving £1,200 bill for artist

Comments (2)

A city hotel has offered mural artist Richard Wilson a room for free for more than two weeks so he can complete his LCFC artwork.

Thousands of city fans have visited the mural in Kate Street, behind the Marks Electrical store in Glenfield Road, Leicester, to be photographed with it, as well as Claudio Ranieri and snooker champion Mark Selby.

QPR fan Richard, who lives in London, decided a few weeks ago to use his own time and money to come and paint the mural for the people of Leicester after being inspired by the football team's amazing rise to the top.

At first it was just a picture of manager Claudio Ranieri and an LCFC flag but after Leicester won the Premier League, Richard returned to add the word "champions" to the mural.

Richard, who is receiving no funding for his work, had hoped to add 11 players to the mural but he did not think he could afford to stay in Leicester for the time it would take to complete it.

Luckily the Holiday Inn Express next to the King Power Stadium offered him a room for free until up to May 27 to make sure he is able to complete the mural for the people of Leicester.

General manager Denise Jennings said: "There's been a fantastic buzz around Leicester since City won the Premier League.

"We think it's great what Richard is doing and we were very happy to support him."

Read more: Mural artist adds "Champions" to his Leicester City mural

14261612-large.jpg

Richard said: "I came back to Leicester on Monday and I wasn't sure I'd be able to afford to get the 11 players all done.

"But the Holiday Inn Express is letting me stay for free, which would have cost me about £1,200 usually, so that means I can really do this."

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Mural-artwork-ahead-thanks-hotel-waiving-1-200/story-29258662-detail/story.html#ixzz48LxdeE63 

Follow us: @@leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

This is awesome, hope it's treated right so it can be cleaned when some dickhead inevitably draws a load of dicks on it.

Hopefully they'll get hung by the bronze statue of Ranieri the club will erect with a plaque reading 'TRAITOR' on his chest.

Archived