Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Vardy

He's signed a new £100k 4 year deal

Whilst not overly impressed with these antics I would be impressed if he turned down 120k at Arsenal and took 100k and 4 years here at Leicester. It would signify he always wanted to stay here but just wanted a bit more money and a longer contract. It would send out a huge message to a club like Arsenal to get turned down to stay with us. It's a little bit greedy but no so greedy he's willing to split this team up and go somewhere he'll be wasted.

If that makes sense.

Also, if that is how it pans out then it's no different to people who interview for jobs with similar companies to the one they enjoy working for but feel underpaid at to go back to their boss and say 'so and so have offered X but I'd rather stay here, what can you do?' it's common practice really.

The only reason I want Vardy to stay is so that Kante and Mahrez are less likely to want to use the club as a stepping stone.

Would be nice to be reading about serious class players linked as opposed to the premier league champions being asset stripped

Whilst not overly impressed with these antics I would be impressed if he turned down 120k at Arsenal and took 100k and 4 years here at Leicester. It would signify he always wanted to stay here but just wanted a bit more money and a longer contract. It would send out a huge message to a club like Arsenal to get turned down to stay with us. It's a little bit greedy but no so greedy he's willing to split this team up and go somewhere he'll be wasted.

If that makes sense.

The bigger picture says it's a fair price to pay, if it keeps others in the door and not out. Greed for me would be taking the extra 20k and leaving.

heard the same. £100k. 4-year deal. Loads and loads of bonuses though.

I trust you Stan, more than some of the randoms saying this. Is it from a reliable source?

Big decision for the owners, that said they wanted to establish LCFC as a top European club within 4 years. We won the league this year but that was kind of by luck more than judgement (from a financial perspective).

If we want to Compete with the big boys year in year out, now is the time we offer Vardy the £120k a week contract, if we don't and lose him for £14m net, it will show where we are financially and ambitiously as a club, nowhere near the likes of Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea.

And they have shown they are not afraid to take big decisions, bringing in SGE spending millions, sacking him bringing in Pearson, showing the almost unheard of quality of patience and backing of Pearson to take us into the premiership and writing off £100 million+ to show their commitment. sacking Pearson and bringing in Ranieri. Think they have shown enough to suggest they will get most decisions right.

to be a big club, you need big players, big players command big wages, give him 120k. Job done.

If he is on £80k, that's an increase of £40k a week or £2m per annum. In the whole scheme of things, what's an extra £2m? If we need to balance the books, just sell De Laet and James to Nigel.

I trust you Stan, more than some of the randoms saying this. Is it from a reliable source?

it's from the same guy that has told me that Kasper was signing a new contract with us around this time 2 years ago. 

He's not got everything right before (who has?) but I trust him so he's got some reliability, for me.

Let's look at this situation in context. The fact that Vardy has not signed for Arsenal just yet is because he is holding out for a better deal with us. Surely it makes sense that we get the cheque book out and offer him whatever it takes to keep him? As much as we get excited about future replacements, we can't just replace a 20 goal premier league striker. He is a legend at this club, the fans love him, he genuinely likes being here, but like anyone he will try to get the best deal for himself. If someone offered me an extra £40k a week and a massive signing on fee, I would not think twice!

We keep him we make a statement, and so what if we have to up everyone's salaries? Are we forgetting we are Premier League Champions, we have the financial clout to keep all our players, we have all the credentials to be far bigger then what we are if that means spending big so be it!

Or we let Vardy go and then send a signal out to our players and open the flood gates for Kante, Mahrez, Morgan, Schemical, Drinkwater and others. Our targets will see Leicester as a selling club and therefore a stepping stone. We can't let this opportunity go, pay up and shut up!

Archived