Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Vardy

Arsenal remind me of Dick Dastardly. Always in the lead until late on when they invariably **** it up thanks to some spectacularly bad decision making. Except Arsenal cocking it up is a lot funnier.

7cfdc49238a10ed683702194033026cf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

What constitutes 'slating'? Is it pointing out that he made definite statements about staying and what he owed Leicester? Or is it the nature of the contract he agreed to or the very fact that he's actually even thinking about leaving? Claudio asked for another season yet Vardy, even ahead of the lads who were being touted to leave, Kante and Mahrez, seems to be the one considering taking Arsenal's filthy lucre.

If what I've pointed out is slating him then I'll get me red nose, baggy pants and size 15s out of the cupboard - because I don't see anything particularly admirable in the way he's conducting himself.

The more shortsighted are implying this is a make or break situation for him at 29yo. So why has City given him a four year contract. They have faith in his ability and his fitness. Could he not wait a season? Can he not just say no to Arsenal? In the long run he can gather himself far more in terms of goodwill and genuine affection here than in London - whatever happens to him in later life will be aided or hindered by the decision he makes today.

This Arsenal approach is not a genuine offer - it's based around getting even, weakening City and proving that money can do that. I suspect many long-term Arsenal fans will see this as an admission of desperation and dishonour to the traditions of their club. It will surely be a marriage made in hell.

For me, calling him a chav c**t, mentioning the parentage of his missus kids (as if that makes a difference to anything) or his wife in general, going on about his appearance, wishing him injury, that sort of stuff.

Calling him greedy, calling him for potentially telling porky pies to us, saying he won't fit with Arsenal, no problem, reasonably fair comment to me.

I guess everyone will have slightly different standards, and I take any statement from the regulars (most of whom I respect even if I don't agree with em), to have a lot more weight than someone with 19 posts.

Vardy will be a Leicester City player next season, the last time he was at the Emirates he scored a penalty.....

First statement might be true, second one certainly is. Not sure how they relate to each other though.

Congrats I was worried Spurs would win it and you'll be able to tell your grandkids about this once in a lifetime event. Reckon you'll finish top half next term without Vardy, Mahrez and Kante?

Since we were invincible, you know the only unbeaten team, we actually struggled to pay our invincible wages, true story. Because we've been paying off a stadium, selling our best players, having a transfer deficit only buying youths and bargains and gradually rebuilding. Now we're more financially stable we're picking up some top class players like Vardy and co

Wow, a dick-measuring contest with Arsenal fans.

Makes for a change after years of battling out the "Who's got the bigger one?" trophy with Forest and Derby supporters.

We should feel honored. Takes the term "rivalry" to a whole new level.

(Not that we're in dire need of one)

Congrats I was worried Spurs would win it and you'll be able to tell your grandkids about this once in a lifetime event. Reckon you'll finish top half next term without Vardy, Mahrez and Kante?

Since we were invincible, you know the only unbeaten team, we actually struggled to pay our invincible wages, true story. Because we've been paying off a stadium, selling our best players, having a transfer deficit only buying youths and bargains and gradually rebuilding. Now we're more financially stable we're picking up some top class players like Vardy and co

There was never any chance your lot would.

Just looking forward to Vardy pulling on the red and white tbh mate. Reckon they're delaying announcing it to let you get your replacement sorted, same as we do with many of our transfers. Hopefully you get better than Deeney, looks pretty average. We're rumoured to be signing Ricardo Rodriguez and Mkhitaryan to.

Could look like this next year:

...........................Cech

Bellerin....Koscielny,,,,.Mertesacker..Rodriguez

.................Xhaka........Cazorla

Mkhitaryan........Ozil.............Alexis

..................,,,,,Vardy

Vardy being thread through balls all day, I reckon he'll smash 30 next season. Some Gooners don't want him but I reckon he's the perfect foil for our creative midfielders.

Hopefully we don't lose Alexis or Ozil but thankfully they don't have release clauses and have 2 years on their deals so we can either make them stay or hold out for 80m for either, which I wouldn't put it past the board to take and run with. Bellerin isn't good enough for Barce and on a long term contract. Wilshere's pure class on his day, maybe he'll displace Cazorla if he's in form. Theo and Chamberlain are pretty shit but good subs for sprinting at tired legs in the last 20

Happy days all round really.

Good luck with that back four cos you won't win anything of note with it

Archived