Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Vardy

This Arsenal fan is not convinced.

http://www.afc4life.co.uk/2016/06/06/vardy-delay-means-he-wont-be-signing-for-arsenal/

Vardy Delay Means He Won’t Be Signing For Arsenal

Posted on June 6, 2016

At the weekend we were told that “Vardy would decide his future” on Monday morning, with reports suggesting that 11.30am was the “deadline” for Vardy to choose whether he wanted to join Arsenal or stay at Leicester City.

The financials are that after being on £40k a week at Leicester, Vardy signed an improved deal in February which earned the England striker £80k a week. Arsenal have apparently offered Vardy £120k a week while Leicester have apparently offered an improved deal, which will probably be close to what we’re offering given the generous owners at Leicester City.

After the 11.30am deadline passed, we were told we’d have s verdict later in the day. Now a decision still hasn’t been made and people are wondering what is going on.

The bottom line is Vardy isn’t convinced about joining Arsenal and has probably has assurances for the Leicester City owners that they will strengthen the squad and have a real go at retaining the Premier League title.

Claudio Ranieri has always said he hopes all the players stay one more season before deciding weather to move on and considering the heroics and good faith he’s earnt over the last season, you wouldn’t blame some of the players staying on and entering a new exciting era at Leicester.

People, incorrectly I might add, have assumed that Vardy to Arsenal was a done deal, because we’re a big club. Well if you compare Premier League titles over the last 12 seasons, Leicester beat us don’t they? Maybe Vardy isn’t excited about finishing in the Top Four year after year and would actually like to play for a team with great team spirit and actually fights to win matches.

If I was Jamie Vardy I would think twice about joining Arsenal. Yes, you would play with some top players but do you want to play alongside warriors and fighters like you have at Leicester, and have fun while playing – or be comfortable in a side that quite frankly, are full of timid, pampered little boys who have no leaders or direction on the pitch?

Jamie Vardy is 29 years old and this would be his last big move so is weighing up all his options. Would you join Arsenal?

Vardy is waiting for a better offer and won’t be joining Arsenal.

Sorry if already posted but I'm not reading 156 pages to check.

To be fair to the person, it's not a bad post. Some good points.

Odds creeping in our favour

2/5 and 7/4

It will do, as the longer it goes on, the more doubt people will have. Thus the price will increase. I wouldn't read too much into betting odds. Lots of factors involved.

I count it a success that I got the word 'thus' onto Foxestalk.

It will do, as the longer it goes on, the more doubt people will have. Thus the price will increase. I wouldn't read too much into betting odds. Lots of factors involved.

I count it a success that I got the word 'thus' onto Foxestalk.

it's been like that for since the kit came out

Yeah it was him standing on a pitch. Now it's a profile like above the club shop.

He 100% changed his cover photo from an England training picture to Leicester lifting the trophy. And I'm also pretty sure he changed his main photo from him in an England kit to him in a Leicester kit

He has

I would have thought it would move big style if anything was actually known

There can't be that much money wagered on something like this

well it moved from odds against to 1/10 in about 36 hours over the weekend. pretty sure that counts as "big style". 

skybet reported "numerous 3 figure bets" on friday afternoon before the rumour fully started. obviously someone heard or knew something. presumably they knew arsenal wanted to match his buy out clause and just assumed there's no way he'd say no. now he hasn't immediately said yes more people are obviously backing him to stay here. 

What is with all this hearing things now? The transfer window isn't even bloody open. We are more likely to hear something on July 1st

Can someone explain this please? Why all the commotion and panic if the window is shut? Not sure how it all works so would appreciate some clarification here... 

Can someone explain this please? Why all the commotion and panic if the window is shut? Not sure how it all works so would appreciate some clarification here...

He can agree to join another club. The transfer will go through when the window opens

Thursday June 9th, sorry, answered wrong comment, someone stated July 1st

Archived