Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

7 hours ago, chrishlcfc said:

Could've worded it better, but you have to agree with the man and the notion.

The referee in question was no other than... Lee Mason. Surely there must be sympathies for Bacary from all across the country.

9 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Could've worded it better, but you have to agree with the man and the notion.

The referee in question was no other than... Lee Mason. Surely there must be sympathies for Bacary from all across the country.

And the game in question refers to Man City v Burnley which makes his comments complete bollocks.

25 minutes ago, Donut said:

People are far too quick to call people "frauds" after a few defeats or performances. Seen it with Guardiola, Mourinho this season, Pogba has had it, Ibra written off after a goalless spell

Sometimes in football, you lose. Sometimes your form dips. Sometimes you adapt to a different league or culture.

Guardiola is not a fraud. He just doesnt have the mostdominant squad, and they are adapting to what he wants from them.

Pretty sure he will get it right.

Guardiola doesn't want to acknowledge that his fancy bollocks passing about tactics in the Premier League will not yield results until he realises that you need a decent goalkeeper, a central midfielder that can actually tackle (one that isn't suspended every other game) and a dominant centre half.

They have none of those things and thus they'll continue to flounder.

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Guardiola doesn't want to acknowledge that his fancy bollocks passing about tactics in the Premier League will not yield results until he realises that you need a decent goalkeeper, a central midfielder that can actually tackle (one that isn't suspended every other game) and a dominant centre half.

Maybe he does realise he needs all those things?

He brought in Bravo, hasnt worked. Stones is developing (needs to hurry up developing), Gundogan injured doesnt help.

Squad is old and needs to be rejuvenated, hes been left dross too like the old fullbacks, Otamendi, Navas, Sterling.

Theyre just as capable of winning 5 or 6 in a row which theyve already done this season and being around the top again, Chelsea's dominance is making everyone else look worse than they are too.

Everyone gets written off at some point. Ive heard loads of media sources bemoaning Spurs' signings and "lack of creativity" a few weeks ago....6 wins on the spin and theyre the best thing since sliced bread again and Dele Alli is Pele.

2 minutes ago, Donut said:

Maybe he does realise he needs all those things?

He brought in Bravo, hasnt worked. Stones is developing (needs to hurry up developing), Gundogan injured doesnt help.

Squad is old and needs to be rejuvenated, hes been left dross too like the old fullbacks, Otamendi, Navas, Sterling.

Theyre just as capable of winning 5 or 6 in a row which theyve already done this season and being around the top again, Chelsea's dominance is making everyone else look worse than they are too.

Everyone gets written off at some point. Ive heard loads of media sources bemoaning Spurs' signings and "lack of creativity" a few weeks ago....6 wins on the spin and theyre the best thing since sliced bread again and Dele Alli is Pele.

If he realises it but is doing nothing to alter it then he definitely will not ever do well over here.

He's too stubborn. He will fail.

Klopp and Liverpool were shit last season. Granted he didn't get a Summer transfer window like Guardiola but it's too soon to be writing him off yet. Looks like he's absolutely hating it over here atm though lol. Very pleasing and good for the league that he's not been able to piss it after spending over £100m in the Summer.

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

If he realises it but is doing nothing to alter it then he definitely will not ever do well over here.

He's too stubborn. He will fail.

Is everyone but Conte "failing" ?

Bearing in mind one team can win the league

I'm surprised by quite how bad Bravo has been. He's come with a pretty good track record prior to playing in England.

Stones, some people seem to really rate and I'm just not seeing it. I don't care how good he is on the ball if he's making this many errors defensively, there is absolutely nothing he can contribute on the ball as a centre half that makes up for such regular poor defending. He's not the only problem though, the entire back line is garbage.

Fernandinho's a far bigger miss for them than people think.

That side needs a bit of an overhaul I think. Even Aguero isn't what he was. If they got a sizeable offer for him I'd seriously contemplate it if I was them. 

Man Utd have spent god knows how much to get their team back to being competitive again, so its probably whats needed at Man City. They need replacements for Kolarov, Zabaleta, Sagna, Mangala will most likely be sold, is Otamendi good enough? probably not, then moving into midfield Yaya is at the end of his career, Fernando is someone i think is underrated but probably not going to win you a title, Fernandinho decent but now in his 30s, and then Silva aeging, Navas simply not good enough.

Bravo has struggled, but cant be a terrible keeper, when you consider he has probably 100 caps not sure the numbers for a major nation in Chile and lots of domestic honours.

So its a huge rebuild, and it cant be done over one transfer window.

Man City werent exactly pulling up trees when Guardiola took them over. Limped into the champions league and didnt really threaten to win the league at any point, champions league was ok to a point until the lacklustre Real Madrid tie, FA Cup they decided to knock themselves out, and the League Cup isnt really a priority although to their credit they won it.

You also have a resurgent Chelsea who won the league easily 2 seasons ago, and have that core firing again to great effect. In fact theyve strengthened, David Luiz has improved their defence, Kante has improved their midfield. Spurs improving still, Man Utd looking like returning to being the Man Utd of old, the Klopp revolution in full effect, Arsenal in their usual top 4 spot

Guardiola had a huge job on for his first job in England, he cant be written off yet

1 minute ago, Phube said:

So what we're saying is Guardiola will do well when he assembles the best squad in the league!? 

Surprising how that tends to work as a plan.

He needs better players, i think that much is obvious

2 hours ago, Firegrande said:

First Llorente now Adama

What's going on Chelsea? 

tbf they've won the league before christmas playing marcos alonso and victor moses every week so probably not that shocking 

2 hours ago, WiFoxes said:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mike-dean-demoted-championship-following-9639760

Sign of referees having to show some accountability?

Or just a symbolic move for one game?

If we'll see Mike Dean more often on Championship pitches, then you and the Mirror might be onto something.

Until then, I see it as a "celebrity bonus" for his excellent work in the Premier League.

Man City are a weird one, in Fernandinho, Silva, De Bruyne and Aguero they've got four of the best players in the league. However their defence without Kompany is atrocious and completely devoid of any leadership / aggression, they're playing Zabaleta in the middle of the park because the sicknote they signed in the summer is injured, Sterling seems to be as hit and miss as ever and Bravo looks like a competition winner. What's happened to Leroy Sane? Why did they sign him? I don't think they have the steel or bottle that Chelsea (and, to an extent, Spurs and Liverpool) do.

Look over the road and Mourinho has Phil Jones playing out of his skin and looking more like a £40-odd million defender than John Stones ever will.

Top 4 is very difficult to call but 6 into 4 doesn't go. Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool and United for me.

9 hours ago, Donut said:

And the game in question refers to Man City v Burnley which makes his comments complete bollocks.

Not entirely. As justified as the red against Fernandinho may be, hitting both his opponent and the ball simultaneously in a dangerous two-footed tackle, you can still voice your opinion if you're unhappy with the refereeing following that event.

Although I think Social Media is not the platform to do so, especially not Twitter.

12 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Well at least to challenge for the title...

Like their neighbours, they are lacking in quality in those positions, for their style of football.

Both Manchesters have top quality players, but in those positions its has you mention that

they keep falling over. Simular to Arsenal. Lacking in one of those positions wouldnt be so bad,

but we see every season, its those area that come to the fore, for that seasons Champions.

Take Leicesters suprise season, our players covering those areas had their greatest season.

We are failing this season, because the 2 Central outfield players are putting in poor performances.

So that extra tick of % quality, works from top to bottom and gives that relevant  seasons successfull

performances, and end positions. ...

Plus the Intensity, and non stop running make our PL, not better but harder in the competing stakes.

PEP, might need this season, to digest that fact.I said last season he would struggle, he had been too

successful, with known successful teams.No challenges that PL inconsistencies throw out..

I know I posted an article a few weeks ago regarding Joel Matip and not going to AFCON but havn't actually seen if anything else has been discussed about it so may have missed a few things...

So it seems he has been banned from playing club football during the tournament or it's being investigated/decided what action will be took anyway.

Bridges have obviously been burnt, I doubt either he will want to play from them again/they will pick him again so why doesn't he just retire from International football, shove two fingers up to it then surely he's free to play club football?

Who cares about International football in this day and age anyway!

Archived