Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Don't really see the issue though? Do you want to see this and are gutted you can't afford it? (I say that, you could be a secret millionaire haha)

It's just another way of milking the rich, it's probably going to get more and more absurd as the years pass by. It's been announced today that premier league football teams have been given permission to add yet another sponsor to the shirts on the sleeves.

Neither want nor ever could afford.

I'm more dismayed at football's transit from a working class game, accessible to those who live for it, to one where the players and teams live in such rarefied climbs that the average Joe is being marginalised.

Plus, isn't it just conceptually disgusting, the super-rich staring at the super-super rich whilst eating specially sourced cheese. Tell me that's normal, and not at all creepy. 

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Think it will be funny when they turn shit again and the window ends up with cheese, and champagne chucked all over it by pissed off bankers trying to scream at Kane that he's a useless kent.

At this moment, there laughing at us, as predicted by them, we have gone shit.  

Just now, Babylon said:

They might pretend to be laughing, but they aren't really. End of the day we have the trophy and they don't.

That's the only saving grace, and what a grace it is......Howevee, maybe it's just me, but I didn't expect us to collapse like we have

9 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Neither want nor ever could afford.

I'm more dismayed at football's transit from a working class game, accessible to those who live for it, to one where the players and teams live in such rarefied climbs that the average Joe is being marginalised.

Plus, isn't it just conceptually disgusting, the super-rich staring at the super-super rich whilst eating specially sourced cheese. Tell me that's normal, and not at all creepy. 

Haha nothing really surprises me anymore. I guess companies will buy spots and use them to take clients on a day out at the footie,

I know where you're coming from, I haven't been to a professional game in about 7 or 8 years as I grew disillusioned with the match day experience. I've just followed Coalville as I can have a drink, stand behind the goal we're attacking and just generally enjoy the day without being told what to do.

I think I'm just at the point where I've accepted the top level is solely money oriented with very little care for the average Joe in the crowd. 

5 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

That's the only saving grace, and what a grace it is......Howevee, maybe it's just me, but I didn't expect us to collapse like we have

Not to this extent, but I didn't think we'd be anywhere close again. We were there thanks to a perfectly executed system rather than having loads of great players. Systems can get countered, it's harder to counter players who are just very bloody good.

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Haha nothing really surprises me anymore. I guess companies will buy spots and use them to take clients on a day out at the footie,

I know where you're coming from, I haven't been to a professional game in about 7 or 8 years as I grew disillusioned with the match day experience. I've just followed Coalville as I can have a drink, stand behind the goal we're attacking and just generally enjoy the day without being told what to do.

I think I'm just at the point where I've accepted the top level is solely money oriented with very little care for the average Joe in the crowd. 

I'm not far behind. The whole thing is getting a bit creepy and awkward for my liking.

I can understand people paying to watch any form of skilled activity : football, rugby, sprinting and so on. Why pay top-dollar to watch people walk to do an activity. Then add the freak-factor of one way glass. It's freakishness masquerading as entertainment. 

View in the wider picture of the Premier League I suppose it can seem normalised, but take this in isolation. There is a room somewhere where people have planned a seperate cheese-eating room and a one-way mirror walk-way where those above the rank and file can covertly observe sportsmen to be put into a football stadium. Tell me it's not dystopian.

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Just what Berahino dreamt of

So what was the point of West Brom hanging onto him?

If theyd have just sold him in the very beginning theyd have got 20 mil plus for him.

Instead theyve kept Berahino through about 4 transfer windows while hes done absolutely jack shit for West Brom and been sold for half the price.

2 minutes ago, Donut said:

So what was the point of West Brom hanging onto him?

If theyd have just sold him in the very beginning theyd have got 20 mil plus for him.

Instead theyve kept Berahino through about 4 transfer windows while hes done absolutely jack shit for West Brom and been sold for half the price.

I don't know mate. I just quoted the tweet.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't know mate. I just quoted the tweet.

Oh i know, i was just referring to the news.

West Brom have achieved absolutely nothing in the whole episode.

Even that French training camp was totally pointless

Tbf the original proposal from Spurs was like 25 million in instalments of 50p once a month for 100 years or something, so they've probably still made more cash upfront than they would have done even if they look far muggier now.

West Brom are highly likely to get more than £12m for Berahino in the near future. The "initial" gives it away...

Still, a curious case nonetheless and a somewhat fitting development, given his tantrums a while ago whilst still on the books of the Baggies.

What are the odds of him landing in the Championship soon?

Think West Brom handled the situation well. They showed Berahino, the other West Brom lads and any potential signings that they are not to be ****ed with. In an era of huge player power this was a brave thing to do.

Plus, their only concrete offer was a small instalments type deal with Spurs. Yes they would've received more money long term but short term this is better, and what's £10m to them? Not that much in the grand scheme of things!

On 1/17/2017 at 09:45, Dan LCFC said:

Still think Pep will eventually get it right in England. It's turning into a bit of a disaster this year though, looking very likely they don't even get in the top four.

You've got to ask questions of their summer business. What exactly have they got for all of that money?

A little bit older and deeper in debt.

Thoughts on Fonte to West Ham?

Can't get my head around that really. You're a legend at an established, progressive PL club and you throw it away to join some corporate brand of a club struggling to tread water as it throws away its tradition? Must have offered him plenty of cash.

11 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Can't get my head around that really. You're a legend at an established, progressive PL club and you throw it away to join some corporate brand of a club struggling to tread water as it throws away its tradition? Must have offered him plenty of cash.

I suppose it's the London factor, being able to live in the city with certain perks involved thanks to the deal can make for an attractive proposition. I don't believe he went there for the sportive challenge. lol

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

My thoughts are that hes probably your typical old mercenary looking to make a quick buck.

Cant be too judgemental, there are more people like him around than not.

2 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

Wasn't he dropped before hand though by Puel despite him being their captain and best defender? I know he was getting on, but surely he was a better option than Yoshida.... Seems to me like something went off behind the scenes and he decided to hand in a transfer request and be off with it. It kind of seems like a win win situation for all parties as Puel clearly wants to build his defence around Van Dijk and have just got £8mil for a 33 year old.

Archived