Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

Gundogan signs for City. Very good signing, should be a very good replacement for Toure when he inevitably leaves.

Shame for Dortmund though, with them losing all their best players again. Bayern will only continue to dominate if things continue like this.

He is injured at the moment isn't he? Strange one for me

Very good player but buying someone while they are injured? :unsure:

got a couple of months to recover to be fair as he's not been chosen in Germany's Euros squad.

Rumours that Koeman is on his way to Liverpool to open discussions with Everton. Dunno if it's true.

His odds have also been slashed though.

Rumours that Koeman is on his way to Liverpool to open discussions with Everton. Dunno if it's true.

His odds have also been slashed though.

I'd be surprised if he did tbh, Southampton are in a far better position atm all round for me

but hey ho, stranger things in football have happened

From SKY:

Everton have made a second "massive" move for Southampton manager Ronald Koeman, according to Dutch journalist Marcel van der Kraan.

Koeman was installed as the favourite to succeed the sacked Roberto Martinez on Merseyside earlier on Thursday and De Telegraaf writer Van der Kraan believes the Saints boss faces a huge decision in the next 24 hours.

Koeman has been in talks over a new contract on the south coast, with his current deal set to expire in 2017, but reports in the Netherlands have claimed Koeman is on his way to Everton for talks along with his agent Rob Jansen.

I'd be surprised if he did tbh, Southampton are in a far better position atm all round for me

but hey ho, stranger things in football have happened

Not so strange he may have been told he has to sell again so thinks fvck it.

the new owner/whatever he is at everton is going to pump sheeeeeeet loads of money in. they already have a potentially very good team (lukaku, barkley, stones, deulofeu and more) and are continually trying to get a new ground. they're a pretty attractive proposition, as well as one in a bit of a slump at the moment. you can't really fail and you can do really well. 

they're also rumoured to be offering koeman over 6 mill a year which would make him one of the best paid in the country according to something i read yesterday. 

add that to the fact southampton have peaked, will sell mane and anyone else who is any good every year and it's pretty obvious why he's gonna leave. 

If Claudio and the boys read your shopping lists they'll wonder if they dreamed last season!

Let's go through it again - we actually romped home - ten points clear.

"Capable of beating anyone"?!! Sounds an appropriate description of the Bloomfield Boys rather than the current squad. We've won 31 games since the turning-point victory of 4th April 2015. Personally I think the 5-2 victory over Man Utd was the reason why the team lost focus in the way they did. Pearson turned them round with the force of his personality but the nucleus of a great side was ever there - just waiting to be drawn out and supplemented by the excellent recruiting team.

Mourinho and Man Utd??? Just seen Terry Christian taking a pop at the 'decision' already - saying the fans will hate Mourinho's ethos. I wonder why he lost the dressing-room at Stamford Bridge - what changes a title-winning side to a mid-table shambles in two months? What changes a winning manager into a p1ss-poor manager overnight. Maybe Mourinho has lost the ability to convince himself he can still do the business - let alone convincing Chelsea and bedazzling United - whose club management are looking increasingly clueless. Weren't the same hopes invested in van Gaal two years ago? And before that a decent manager thrown to the lions of unrealistic and unreasonable expectations of the fans, owners and media. Man Utd aren't out of the sh1t yet - if finishing 5th and winning the Cup can be called sh1t.

Conte, Guardiola and Mourinho(?) are absolutely new in post - sure they'll be given millions to spend and that should ensure they'll float above the mid-table teams (whoever they might be) but they won't turn into Leicester City overnight. Pochettino and his merry men lost the plot at the end - not the first time one of his teams has gone into melt-down at a critical point in a season - as a Telegraph sports writer pointed out a week or so ago.

Wenger? He's turned into the longest serving caretaker-manager in football history. 'Let's get into ze Champion's League and zen we can have anuzzer try at getting knocked out before ze knock out stajezz.'.

Or maybe the Emirates bunch have realised there's not enough meat on the plate to satisfy everyone's gluttonous appetites. City strode in and took the biggest chunk this year so there was even less for the big clubs to chew on. Shame Palace couldn't hold it together long enough to make Utd pay for Smalling's stupid move yesterday.

I think Klopp is a fantastic presence to have at ones club. I think Liverpool will be a stronger team this coming season. But they're no Leicester City - yet. Apparently he's going to 'raid' City for Chilwell and Drinkwater - just like Arsenal are going to 'swoop' for Kanté and Chilwell. Just like West Ham are going to 'ambush' us for Jamie Vardy. Isn't anyone still intent on luring Riyad away?

As to little old us... ré "We should have a stronger starting 11" - is there something happening I haven't heard about? And, "We'll have to actually rotate the squad this time". I watch pro road cycling - the Giro, the Vuelta and the TdF and the shorter and one-day classics. The races can be three weeks long - six hours per day - eating 'on the hoof', subject to crashes all the time, getting patched up as they ride (even seen a doctor stitching up a cut from a car on a rider still turning the pedals). Those guys only abandon when they can't physically ride their bikes. No subs, no missed days because they're ill or tired.

Maybe the team down at KP think differently to the received wisdom of squad rotation and exhausting seasons. Wasn't Claudio actually giving them a day off because they were so committed in training? Lowest number of players used and I'd guess shortest down-time for players too - witness Vardy's remarkably quick return from the groin op. Funny too how a winning team can remain remarkably free(er) from injury and fatigue. I'm not sure whether the commonly accepted 'guidelines' are relevant to Leicester (or football) any longer.

After all they weren't supposed to win the title, were they? Maybe we're breaking and making the rules now. Maybe we should stop thinking about ourselves as opportunist scavengers rather than actually being the kings of this particular jungle.

Excellent post.

Suspended betting on Koeman. 

Le Tissier telling Southampton fans to "remain calm".

Who knows? Perhaps he is off.

He is 100% off if the figures that are being spoken are correct.

No man in their right mind turns down that club when they're offering 6m a year and 100m to spend in the summer.

I feel sorry for Southampton fans. First Pochettino, now Koeman. Constantly getting their best players nicked from them (granted they've made a lot of money from it), always having to build a new side.

I feel sorry for Southampton fans. First Pochettino, now Koeman. Constantly getting their best players nicked from them (granted they've made a lot of money from it), always having to build a new side.

Agreed. I like Saints and hope he stays there

the new owner/whatever he is at everton is going to pump sheeeeeeet loads of money in. they already have a potentially very good team (lukaku, barkley, stones, deulofeu and more) and are continually trying to get a new ground. they're a pretty attractive proposition, as well as one in a bit of a slump at the moment. you can't really fail and you can do really well.

they're also rumoured to be offering koeman over 6 mill a year which would make him one of the best paid in the country according to something i read yesterday.

add that to the fact southampton have peaked, will sell mane and anyone else who is any good every year and it's pretty obvious why he's gonna leave.

Stones and Delofeu are shite, and barkley has had about 5 good games all season, don't see him achieving much above 9 th tbh.

Stones and Delofeu are shite, and barkley has had about 5 good games all season, don't see him achieving much above 9 th tbh.

oh yeah i think stones is doggo too but i could see why a manager would look at their squad and think they could walk into a team who's got a spine of potentially class players all aged like 22. that's a pretty good place to start. 

doesn't matter too much cos lukaku has basically told everyone and everything he's seen in the past two months that he once to leave. but still, all that money. 

Archived