Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

Given the fact that so many teams have suddenly come into form, thank goodness we sacked Ranieri when we did.

I genuinely feel we'd never have got another win all season had we stayed as we were.

Ironically, Swansea beating us was the worst thing they could have done as it may send them down in the end!

Hate weekends where we're not playing.

As annoying as it would be if Palace and Burnley won today, in a way it would still be good to see- I was hoping last season was the start of a more level playing field with the obscene TV money going to every club, but the big clubs have been dominant again this season. Until the last few weeks, anyway- teams down the bottom have picked up some big wins against the big clubs, and hopefully that's a good sign for next season.

Just now, Ted Maul said:

United players warming up in shirts with Ibrahimovic and Rojo on the back. Modern football really is pathetic, sometimes. 

I didn't realise they'd died! lol 

:crylaugh:

After the mourning Man City did about Gundogan and Gabriel Jesus when he got injured wearing Gundogan/G. Jesus shirts, Man Utd have followed, all the Man Utd players are either wearing Ibrahimovic or Rojo shirts during their warm ups!

nintchdbpict000289776798-e1482100440388.

Gabriel-Jesus21.jpg

Pathetic.

1 minute ago, Ted Maul said:

On a weekend where a prominent figure in English football actually did die, too... 

Exactly. If anything the Spurs players this weekend should be the ones really feeling loss and paying tribute and you've got Man Utd wearing shirts for a guy with a bad knee.

18 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

United players warming up in shirts with Ibrahimovic and Rojo on the back. Modern football really is pathetic, sometimes. 

So true but so symptomatic of today's soppy society where everyone is so desperate to be seen to be 'worthy', enabling the trivial to obscure and devalue the truly significant.

In days gone by a minute's silence was a rare, momentous and heartfelt tribute. Now there is a gratuitous 'minute's applause' almost every week.

3 minutes ago, Hammo said:

So true but so symptomatic of today's soppy society where everyone is so desperate to be seen to be 'worthy', enabling the trivial to obscure and devalue the truly significant.

In days gone by a minute's silence was a rare, momentous and heartfelt tribute. Now there is a gratuitous 'minute's applause' almost every week.

Agree, it's reflective of the endless narcissism and self-promotion within modern society. Why not just go up to them and say 'get well soon, mate'- why on earth do they feel the need to start some kind of pointless campaign?

The 'applause in the 26th minute for .... who died of .... last week because he would have been 26 in a month' are the worst, though. Sure, it's sad, but how many football fans die every week? I'm convinced that a lot of the time the people who organise them are just looking for likes on Facebook anyway.

3 hours ago, Corky said:

Hopefully it will teach pundits not to totally dismiss someone based on the fact they didn't know who they are, actually do some research and give them a chance to prove themselves.

The video is absolutely hilarious. It sums up the arrogance about the Premier League. It's quite an eye-opener really.

6 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Agree, it's reflective of the endless narcissism and self-promotion within modern society. Why not just go up to them and say 'get well soon, mate'- why on earth do they feel the need to start some kind of pointless campaign?

The 'applause in the 26th minute for .... who died of .... last week because he would have been 26 in a month' are the worst, though. Sure, it's sad, but how many football fans die every week? I'm convinced that a lot of the time the people who organise them are just looking for likes on Facebook anyway.

Spot on. It's generally bullying tactics by the self-glorifying or self-righteous.

A minute's silence for a fallen legend of my beloved club, someone I recall with affection from my youth? Yes, I stand in respect, bow my head, momentarily recapture the memories and maybe shed a tear.

A minute's applause for someone I've barely heard of or set eyes on, let alone have any feeling for or affinity with? I mean no disrespect, but do you mind if I finish my pie?...

Archived