Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Our position is good, we have two games in hand, even if we lost those the gap is maintained at worse with only 4 games to go... 

4 points is enough for us.

I'm expecting double that.

6 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

6 points ahead of Swansea, with 2 games in hand. We are in a good position, it's in our hands and I trust Shakespeare & our players to push for the top half.

So do I but the sooner we get that next win the better! 

I'm not relaxing yet, although we are in decent nick and have it all in our own hands.  It is going to need three teams to overtake us, despite our games in hand.

I can see West Ham only picking up one more point, having looked at their run in.

On balance, I fancy Hull not quite to survive this.  

We are in mini league with Burnley, Hull, Swansea, Boro and Sunderland.  We need to finish at least 3rd. We have 2 games more than our main rivals and a 6 point head start over the bottom half.  Some of them will lose points as they have to play each other.  

We'll be fine. 

I don't think it's a bad thing that we still need a few points. It keeps the players on their toes rather than having the season peter out. Gives us a purpose rather than it all going stale which could affect the start of 17/18.

11 minutes ago, nnfox said:

We are in mini league with Burnley, Hull, Swansea, Boro and Sunderland.  We need to finish at least 3rd. We have 2 games more than our main rivals and a 6 point head start over the bottom half.  Some of them will lose points as they have to play each other.  

We'll be fine. 

I'd say we're in the mini league above with Watford, Stoke, Palace, Bournemouth and West Ham- and I think we should be aiming to win it.

Lpool losing gives Arsenal more motivation for Wednesday 

all the results this weekend weren't what we wanted for various reasons but previous ones have delivered so it's only expected that some will be like this 

fortunately we have a big enough buffer but want to finish well with an eye on next season.

I would suggest, that people forget EOS run ins. At this time of the year they mean Zilch..!!!

Sunderland in the past, CPalace this season.  Now Hull and Swansea.

Oh I believe we are safe, I just hope the players dont think they can stroll the last 6 games.

Until we have 41+pts, knowing all bottom sides actually do play better football  compared to

seasons past, we aint yet safe!!  . This is the way it should be, all teams fighting for their right to

keep their place in the PL, and putting in Tclass performances.

Palace were excellent today, in fact in this run of 4-5 games. All top scalps.Their run in is turning out

to be the easiest, spite what was suggested in March.Not forgetting they are playing good football.

Now lets see if we can follow suit....:)

None of the sides below us have the ability or determination to go on a miracle run, Hull under Silva have been a better team than Swansea under Clement and I expect Swansea to down.

54 minutes ago, Tuna said:

We're in terrific form and are back to our fluent best. We've had a good break and are ready for the run in. Let the other teams do what they want, I don't care, we've got enough quality to get some more points on the board.

I mean, in our last 7 we've won 5 drawn 1 and lost 1. We'll be ok.

...And lost five straight before that.

Anything could happen with us.

Well that didn't go as expected.......... Palace were everywhere

Rode their luck at time but good on them....... Big Sam anyone  :whistle:

Burnley disappointing why Barton didn't take him out I got no idea.

At least Arsenal played the extra 30 minutes and their mind will be on staying fit for the Cup....... Hopefully

Probably the worst set of results we could have had this weekend.

At least we got 6 games to get the 7 points I think we need    :fc:

I think we'll be fine now...as I said a few weeks ago, it's not only about points, it's about how you are playing that matters. And we are playing well.

The weekends results have been unfavorable for us though, make no mistake. It just makes us that little bit more vulnerable.

I think we'll lose to Arsenal, but will pick up another win or two, making us safe.

30 minutes ago, murphy said:

...And lost five straight before that.

Anything could happen with us.

Ranieri's gone mate.

We ain't going to go back to that.

40 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

Well that didn't go as expected.......... Palace were everywhere

Rode their luck at time but good on them....... Big Sam anyone  :whistle:

Burnley disappointing why Barton didn't take him out I got no idea.

At least Arsenal played the extra 30 minutes and their mind will be on staying fit for the Cup....... Hopefully

Probably the worst set of results we could have had this weekend.

At least we got 6 games to get the 7 points I think we need    :fc:

Over a month away - almost time to tear a hamstring and be back!  The owners are keener on top four than the FA cup. The players may prefer the latter. Either way, Wednesday night will have no effect from the final up ahead.  We can hope they are a bit tired from today's exertions. 

17 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

We are 9 to 2 to win.... looks like value 

That's great value right up until the point when I put money on it, at which point it becomes a guaranteed loss... 

lol

25 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

We are 9 to 2 to win.... looks like value 

it was 6/1 two days ago.. not sure i'd put anything on it now, Arsenal played fairly decently today and seem to have got confidence back

35 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Over a month away - almost time to tear a hamstring and be back!  The owners are keener on top four than the FA cup. The players may prefer the latter. Either way, Wednesday night will have no effect from the final up ahead.  We can hope they are a bit tired from today's exertions. 

I did say Hopefully and yes I hope they're tired to   :thumbup:

But I think they will see Liverpools slip up today as a gap in the door that they can get in

Here's to Hoping though

Archived