Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

2 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

We are right back in this ffs. Our run in is far worse than swans and hull

Watford and Bournemouth at home are guaranteed 6 points for us. Plus a point at WBA. That will take us to 44 points. 

We will be fine.

7 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Seriously, some people actually wanting Swansea and Hull to win!??....Bizarre!!!

i genuinely believe we'll take at least 4 points from two home games against Watford and Bournemouth, and maybe 1-3 points from Arsenal and West Brom away.
Maybe I'm too optimistic, but without CL games to distract us I can't see how we will not get at least 4-5 points from the last 6 games.

This team was almost on par against Atletico Madrid, for Fuchs sake.

You think they will not be able to win against Watford at home? Watford which is losing against 10 men Hull?

Still think we'll be fine.

Three or four points from our remaining five games and we're safe. With Watford and Bournemouth at home as well as WBA away, that's very achievable.

11 minutes ago, murphy said:

Nothing is guaranteed.

Bad results for us today.

Agreed, we should be fine but nothing is guaranteed.

There's a reasonable chance 37pts won't be enough for survival this season. Hopefully at least today's results will get the players to focus that we still need at least one more win before we can mentally take our foot of the pedal.

29 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Stop looking down people.

We should be looking to finish above watford and Stoke. Good scores for us.

I think once it's mathematically safe people will all then be looking up, the good news is we have 6 points over Swansea, they have 12 to play for an by the of this month we will have played 2 more games added to our points total an they will lose at Old Trafford, meaning the whole month of May will be looking up.

Those panicking need to calm down.

Swansea average 1 win every 3.77 games and a draw every 8.5 games. Given that they need 2 wins and 1 draw from their 4 remaining games to finish above us I think it's highly unlikely that they can catch us. Assuming they beat Sunderland away and WBA at home they'll need 1 point from either Utd at Old Trafford or Everton at home, whilst also needing us to lose 6 games straight (something we've not done all season). 

If we pick up just 2 points from our remaining 6 games, that'll require Swansea to win 3 of their remaining 4 games.

Furthermore assuming Swansea somehow pull off a miracle, the 3 teams between us and Swansea will also have to better our results between now and the season end.

Whilst it's not impossible that we could be relegated I do think we're pretty much safe now.

Archived