Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

11 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Every time I've seen you play you've been poor or average at best, are you actually a decent side? 

Not really!

Most fans have generally been fed up of the negative performances and constant  injuries this season..

If the manager left no-one would be that fussed...although the media will probably make a fuss of it.

Probably doesn't help there is a lack of relationship between fans and players apart from Deeney/Gomes.

Really we should be about 15th...for example West Ham/Stoke and you guys are much better than us but for various reasons had average seasons too.

They might all claim the Premier league is the most competitive/exciting but its certainly not the best quality wise outside the top 6/7.

The amount of utter dog muck we've lost to this season has been absolutely criminal, Watford included. They were shite that day yet beat us realistically without too much trouble at all. As were Burnley, Sunderland, Bournemouth and more. Ranieri messed up big time (and he's not the only one tbf).

2 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

The amount of utter dog muck we've lost to this season has been absolutely criminal, Watford included. They were shite that day yet beat us realistically without too much trouble at all. As were Burnley, Sunderland, Bournemouth and more. Ranieri messed up big time (and he's not the only one tbf).

Don't forget the fookin awful performances against Boro. Deserved to lose at least one of those games.

7 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Middlesbrough deserved to beat us and we got lucky with 2 pens, Hull were up for it more first day of the season too.

Boro away is the most annoying. We parked the ****ing bus against the lowest scoring team in the league. And that was dressed up as a good point (by me asvwell). Shows how abysmal we were back then.

Sunderland away. Utter turd we were. 

Words cannot describe how shocking we were from October til February.

21 minutes ago, Koke said:

Boro away is the most annoying. We parked the ****ing bus against the lowest scoring team in the league. And that was dressed up as a good point (by me asvwell). Shows how abysmal we were back then.

Sunderland away. Utter turd we were. 

Words cannot describe how shocking we were from October til February.

Yeah I remember saying a couple of weeks ago that was the game that got Ranieri sacked. We should've easily beaten them. Would've been 8 points clear I think.

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Not really!

Most fans have generally been fed up of the negative performances and constant  injuries this season..

If the manager left no-one would be that fussed...although the media will probably make a fuss of it.

Probably doesn't help there is a lack of relationship between fans and players apart from Deeney/Gomes.

Really we should be about 15th...for example West Ham/Stoke and you guys are much better than us but for various reasons had average seasons too.

They might all claim the Premier league is the most competitive/exciting but its certainly not the best quality wise outside the top 6/7.

You're quite a good example of why I think this. You never look overly impressive to me. Heard a couple of Watford fans on 606 earlier, one of them singled out your performance against us at home as one of your best (which kind of backs that point up, I don't even remember you playing that well) while the other one was hilarious lol said he's going to go and watch Spurs next season, that Watford are a disgrace "aiming for 17th every season" (whilst 10th in the table) and that the fans today deserved a refund. That your players aren't fit and none of them care about the club, "only money". Said that "the Pozzo's have ruined Watford". I mean don't get me wrong I get as annoyed as anyone by people talking about Leicester ignorantly, but surely he's being a bit overly critical there.

Fair play though, going to have your third season up in a row which I think is a first isn't it?

The bottom half this year is genuinely woeful. What on earth have we been playing at?

Swansea had their easiest game of the run-in today anyway. Stoke at home is as simple as it gets at this point of the season. Think they said on the radio that's 6 away games on the spin without a goal. Stoke fans I know barely have a good word to say about Hughes. Say that he's got the talent at his disposal to do so much more, that Watford are the highest side they've beaten all season and that they're poor both defensively and going forward. Yet they're surviving comfortably.

It's when I hear things like this that I just cannot be remotely worried about us going down. I fancy us at home to beat anyone outside the top six (except West Brom who we just cannot beat here) and I'd fancy us to get probably a point off most of the top six too.

It's a terrible league especially when you consider the money spent, I reckon all of the champion's league semi-finalists would win the premier league comfortably aside from maybe Monaco. This Chelsea side are very good but still worlds away from Atletico and Real.

It's massively overrated in terms of quality. It's entertaining, granted, but in terms of quality it's a mile off what it should be. The amount of teams in the league who can't defend is astounding.

Every year people come out with "it'll be so much stronger next year" yet when does that ever really materialise? I reckon the top 6 is stronger this year but the rest aren't.

The problem the Premier League has is everyone in the world knows how much money clubs have.

So we see players of the quality of Jeff Schlupp, Jordan Ibe, Ayew ect players who arnt bad, but shouldn't be 8 figures in value.

Then if you want real quality that will make the league better you are looking at 30mil+.

There is then so much money in the game that managers don't want to risk developing young guns for the fear of mistakes.

I would love is to get one more win, to confirm survival then give some of the older pros an early end to their season.

Play Chilwelll, Gray, Kaputska maybe a young CB, do we have one almost ready? 

To increase the quality these players need to start getting some regular game time.

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's massively overrated in terms of quality. It's entertaining, granted, but in terms of quality it's a mile off what it should be. The amount of teams in the league who can't defend is astounding.

Every year people come out with "it'll be so much stronger next year" yet when does that ever really materialise? I reckon the top 6 is stronger this year but the rest aren't.

I'd just about agree with this Dan, although I think most other leagues across Europe have more "cannon fodder" in their top flights. It's usually the same few teams in the main leagues who finish top 4/6. 

Im no expert on football played abroad though as I only tend to follow the English leagues but it seems to me the Germans probably get the best deal in terms of entertainment and value/pricing. 

I guess a dark hand somewhere is trying to force a situation where the biggest of our franchises lose patience with the irritation of teams who dare to sometimes beat them (and indeed, beat so many of them that they win the damn league at ridiculous odds), that they decide to haul up their skirts and play in some exclusive Euro w**k-off, where the 'whose owners have the biggest wads?'-off gets even more obvious and vile than it already is domestically.

For those who think that genuine respect between rivals is killing the game, it isn't (referred to in another thread). It's the massive money that is slowly trying to kill off any meaningful competition, and turn the rest of the game into an irrelevance, competitively speaking.

10 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Couldn't agree more with this

There is actually some real dross in this league. It's a poor league really below the top seven or eight. 

Fact we turned up at games and surrendered under Ranieri is criminal. 

Watford, Sunderland, Hull, Burnley, Bournemouth, Swansea, Boro... . Imagine if we had these away games instead. Certainly would score more than three goals. 

Stoke are another one. They're shit. They finish in March every year and lay on the beach. 

We should have comfortably finished 8th this season at the lowest and at least be fighting it out with teams like Everton 

11 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah but the first was worth eight red cards so swings and roundabouts.

That was so bad it was cartoon-like - (running off the edge of a cliff and not falling until they realise they're in mid-air...)

We'll be fine despite yesterday's results, no need to worry.

This is a side who can beat anyone on their day and look hungry again- they won't switch off- look at our results with nothing to play for at the end of the last 3 seasons, we've never taken our foot off the gas- 2-0 v Huddersfield, 1-0 v Doncaster, 5-1 v QPR, 3-1 v Everton, 1-1 v Chelsea.

Confident that we won't be on the beach until after Bournemouth.

i agree in saying we wont go down and that

have to admit im pretty impressed with Marco Silva at Hull, cant fault the way hes turned them around, show some real fight now and has brought some decent players in, though its going to be a close call between them and Swansea for the last spot in the bottom 3

33 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

i agree in saying we wont go down and that

have to admit im pretty impressed with Marco Silva at Hull, cant fault the way hes turned them around, show some real fight now and has brought some decent players in, though its going to be a close call between them and Swansea for the last spot in the bottom 3

If I was Stoke or someone like that, I'd be getting Silva in. He's proved the doubters wrong, and remains unbeaten at home at all his clubs in a ridiculous amount of time (isn't I like 4 years??) 

6 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

The problem the Premier League has is everyone in the world knows how much money clubs have.

So we see players of the quality of Jeff Schlupp, Jordan Ibe, Ayew ect players who arnt bad, but shouldn't be 8 figures in value.

Then if you want real quality that will make the league better you are looking at 30mil+.

There is then so much money in the game that managers don't want to risk developing young guns for the fear of mistakes.

I would love is to get one more win, to confirm survival then give some of the older pros an early end to their season.

Play Chilwelll, Gray, Kaputska maybe a young CB, do we have one almost ready? 

To increase the quality these players need to start getting some regular game time.

Elliott Moore?

11 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

while the other one was hilarious lol said he's going to go and watch Spurs next season, that Watford are a disgrace "aiming for 17th every season" (whilst 10th in the table) and that the fans today deserved a refund. That your players aren't fit and none of them care about the club, "only money". Said that "the Pozzo's have ruined Watford".

Probably is a Spurs fan then with a Watford season ticket! (There are a lot of those..)

No-one can criticise the Pozzos themselves bearing in mind before we had a well known bankrupt businessman running the club!

As some have said there are far worse overseas owners around!

They have improved the stadium and invested well into the club on the player side and actually despite what the media report haven't just dumped every manager (some quit/rejected new contracts or had clause in their contract to leave after a year)

Every time a team loses fans say the players don't care etc (probably the same on here earlier in the season) and then they are all heroes when you win.

Sure we certainly can play better but then the number of constant injuries and changes don't help.

The game against you was when we were got 2 quick goals and then probably as usual sat back trying to hold on - I think fans get frustrated by that too but again that is the fact in England we do like quick attacking football.

Archived