Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

7 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Hull wont get 40 points

Well, they'll beat Sunderland at home next week. And even if they lose at Palace (which is no given), you'd fancy them to win at home to a deflated Spurs on the final day (assuming Tottenham are out of the title race by then).

I said earlier in the week that if most of the teams below us go unbeaten between now and the end of the season (Which I personally think is highly unlikely) West Ham are the one most at risk as their home form's awful and they have Tottenham, then Liverpool at the London Stadium, and finish with an away trip to Burnley. Genuinely can't see them picking up another point.

18 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Fancy Swansea to win all of their last three games and reach 41 pts. A team is going down with 40, I reckon.

Said this the other day (post Arsenal thread) 

i think 41 points will be safe this season, we played deep to earn a draw against Arsenal and high energy/press to get win against WBA especially with little time between games. 

Our GD is a lot better than Swanseas so even if they managed to hit 41 points I highly doubt they will manage to catch us up. 

Main thing is our destiny is in our own hands and even if Swansea do manage to win all their remaining games we should only need a point from our remaining 4 games which should be more than achievable. Just nice to have it confirmed so can write this season off and look forward to next season. 

11 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

I said earlier in the week that if most of the teams below us go unbeaten between now and the end of the season (Which I personally think is highly unlikely) West Ham are the one most at risk as their home form's awful and they have Tottenham, then Liverpool at the London Stadium, and finish with an away trip to Burnley. Genuinely can't see them picking up another point.

Also Palace have two away games both in manchester, so their home match against Hull is a must win. 

Palace fans will be fearing the worst as their form has started to blip at the wrong time 

1 minute ago, BoyJones said:

Also Palace have two away games both in manchester, so their home match against Hull is a must win. 

Palace fans will be fearing the worst as their form has started to blip at the wrong time 

Palace are a weird side. That loss last night at home to Burnley was awful and potentially disastrous for them.

3 minutes ago, EGBFitness said:

Boro winning. They will fancy their chances of staying up if they hold on to this result. 

lol Have you seen their run in?

6 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

It's all set for an intriguing denouement, with every single point so precious. Let's just avoid defeat v Watford on Saturday, shall we, and watch the rest suffer...

A question. Do we want Watford to win or draw v Liverpool tomorrow so they're not too fussed when they play us, or do we want them to lose (and not by much) so that they stay below us and both teams are happy with a draw on Saturday?

Guest CityFan 06
5 minutes ago, EGBFitness said:

Boro winning. They will fancy their chances of staying up if they hold on to this result. 

Yes I've noticed this. It's a hard ask for them but by no means impossible for them to survive. If they get a couple of wins together who knows, dependent on Hull/Swansea etc of course.

17 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Palace are a weird side. That loss last night at home to Burnley was awful and potentially disastrous for them.

Palace can't expect to carry on getting results against the top sides; the fixture v Hull in 2 weeks time is huge, Palace play Man City lunch time Saturday while Hull play Sunderland at home next week.

If Palace lose at City, Hull can leapfrog them if they win at Selhurst Park. Hull beating Sunderland is a formality.

Realistically, we need one point from four games. That's with Swansea gaining 9, Hull getting 7 and Palace getting three from two difficult away games and playing Hull at home.

If we can't manage another point we deserve to go down.

21 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

Completely agree, Palace are very much at risk. Their run in is awful too and the fact that they didn't pick anything up yesterday must be a worry to their fans as that was their easiest remaining fixture. 

3 minutes ago, Hammo said:

It's all set for an intriguing denouement, with every single point so precious. Let's just avoid defeat v Watford on Saturday, shall we, and watch the rest suffer...

A question. Do we want Watford to win or draw v Liverpool tomorrow so they're not too fussed when they play us, or do we want them to lose (and not by much) so that they stay below us and both teams are happy with a draw on Saturday?

Hope Watford get a trouncing against Liverpool so their confidence is shot when they play us! 

2 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

Completely agree, Palace are very much at risk. Their run in is awful too and the fact that they didn't pick anything up yesterday must be a worry to their fans as that was their easiest remaining fixture. 

Watching United today and seeing their knackered players dropping like flies, I'd take Palace to get something at Old Trafford on the final day.

Archived