Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

Tottenham will never be as big as Arsenal. They never were and they never will. Wenger has more English league titles than Tottenham as a club. 

Best team in 55 years, still won't win shit.

9 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

I hate to admit it but Spurs really are a great side to watch. They've also gone about building their club in the right way....they will soon be a bigger club than Arsenal. They just need to get their new stadium and importantly win some silverware (which I'm convinced they will do soon enough).

If I was an Arsenal fan I'd be fuming. It seems the club has put having the Emirates Stadium above everything else, to the extent that Spurs have now overtaken them.

Spurs will be bigger than Arsenal just like Man City will never be bigger than Man Utd.

Spurs are a good side. This is their best era in 6 decades.

At the moment though it's defo Spurs with a better squad,best exciting team when on form and in pochettino they have a  manager on the up rather than a Wenger.

Players like Dele are a joy to watch,hes English and hes young. But obviously cos hes Spurs it's fashionable to hate him!

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

The first goal shows how playing a winger at wingback rather than a fullback who can attack can let you down. A defender, like Bellerin would have dropped back on the line, The Ox just stands a watches a couple of yards out and can only swing a leg at it.

Spot on

30 minutes ago, Tuna said:

It's because that's their only achievement this season!

Champions League - Failure

League Cup - Failure

FA Cup - Failure

League - Failure.

Edit - Europa League - Failure lol

Well done Spuds for finishing above Arsenal, I'll look forward to the TV specials, the books, the DVD's etc etc.

Can't wait for Kane's movie too! LEGENDS

3 hours ago, EGBFitness said:

Doesn't mean anything this time of the season tbh. No one had us down of staying up few years ago same as no one would of had them down to win today. 

Back to back wins will give them a massive boost especially beating Man City. 

Not really... Everyone would have written us off as being too far away to capitalise on it, but when the fixture list came out that season everyone said it would be the last month or so that would decide it with games against both teams that came up with us and a load of relegation battlers to midtablers. Having a kind run-in can make all the difference.

When someone said that Spurs would be bigger than Arsenal

I thought I'd look at both their records

Arsenal............ they've got some history.

Not sure the Arsenal fans appreciate what Wenger has achieved for them since George Graham.

Some of the players they've had were world class............ They should be careful for what they wish for.

More to the point Mauricio Pochettino could end up in Barcelona next year the way he's managing sides in the premiership.

Plus their form at Wembley is pretty dire and Arsenal need Pat Rice back

Ps: They were pretty good today........... Can't wait to see them bottle it at the King Power.

24 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Not really... Everyone would have written us off as being too far away to capitalise on it, but when the fixture list came out that season everyone said it would be the last month or so that would decide it with games against both teams that came up with us and a load of relegation battlers to midtablers. Having a kind run-in can make all the difference.

Yeah that's right, momentum this time of the season is massive. 

Im saying that you can't predict games at this point in the season, yes when the fixtures come out you will pick the games you would imagine as wins etc but with so much riding on teams now a lot of the games can go either way - Boro as an example today! They beat Sunderland mid week which wouldn't of raised too many eyebrows and then face Man City who are chasing a top 4 spot - everyone would expect City to win today but they have had to come from behind twice to get a point. United with Swansea too. 

We're the biggest club in the East Midlands, by a good distance, in terms of recent success obviously. (Never mind Forest fans stating they won the European Cup when foreign ownership wasn't a thing back then..).

It's for Arsenal and Spurs, and Man Utd and Man City fans, to contest who's the biggest out of them - not sure why our fans, whose club achieve a great miracle last season, are getting involved in this big-club debate really tbh.

Archived