Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Milik - CF from Ajax

His finishing hasn't been great throughout this tournament but his link up play and off the ball movement has been superb.

He's missed chances but so has Lewandoski.

Not to the same extent. Milik must have missed the most chances in the tournament.

Edit, should have read the post on the previous page that says he same.

Strikes me as a Kezman more than a Ronaldo. Both had magnificent stats in the dutch league, but only one of them was able to reproduce it at a higher level...

I might be being really thick here but did Ronaldo ever play in the Dutch league?

Not to the same extent. Milik must have missed the most chances in the tournament.

Edit, should have read the post on the previous page that says he same.

I'm sure i've read Ronaldo has had the most chances - More than some teams.

I know he scored 2 in the last match, but shot to goal ratio must but high.

He means the original one at psv.

Ah fair play, genuinely didn't know he played there.

I'm sure i've read Ronaldo has had the most chances - More than some teams.

I know he scored 2 in the last match, but shot to goal ratio must but high.

Good shout, wouldn't take him either...... lol

Doesn't look a significant upgrade on Okazaki

Its not about replacements or upgrades, so comparisons are not the right train of thought.

With our involvment in all competitions, and expected levels across the board to show

improvement, surely the right stance is does player A, B, or C have the nous and quality

to fit into the squad.I wouldnt judge a player solely on success in his international games.

Milik is really young and scores a bunch at club level. I think his all round play minus shooting has been excellent.

I'd have him in front of Ulloa/Okazaki in the pecking order if he signed. They both miss sitters every week too, and 8 years older.

It's just fickle fans, go back a few years when we had Kane and vardy on the bench and most of our fans said they weren't good enough for that league.

How is it fickle? Not everyone has all the time in the world to watch him in his domestic league, so we won't know much about him. Then we get to watch him for 4 games against pretty poor opposition and make an assessment based on that.

That is not what fickle means.

You are right, the wording may have been wrong but you should never judge a player after 4 games.

What would you be thinking if our scouts did that?

A footballer will only become great if he plays in a great league.

Agreed someone shouldn't be judged on 4 games but like I said, unlike a full time scout people don't have time to watch every one of our potential targets play.

Archived