Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
glen parva fox

Nigel Pearson Derby Manager three year deal

We all love nigel for the job he did for us over 2 spells and I'd argue he is one of the most important manager's in our history.

But his shortcomings and stubbornness were badly exposed in the premier league from his curt attitude to some journalists and I stress some to his tactical ineptitude. Unfortunately rightly or wrongly he gained a bad media profile due to these outbursts which may well have put of suitors in the premier league. He might well feel he should have had an opportunity in the premier league.

Signing a 3 year deal suggests the agreement of a 3 year plan for promotion and I hope that he's given the time he needs to build a title winning side. There are some Pearson type players already there but I expect he'll be shipping out some of the overrated wastermen in the squad.

I wish him well and it will be interesting to see him back on the touchline (or stand!) next season.

We all love nigel for the job he did for us over 2 spells and I'd argue he is one of the most important manager's in our history.

But his shortcomings and stubbornness were badly exposed in the premier league from his curt attitude to some journalists and I stress some to his tactical ineptitude. Unfortunately rightly or wrongly he gained a bad media profile due to these outbursts which may well have put of suitors in the premier league. He might well feel he should have had an opportunity in the premier league.

Signing a 3 year deal suggests the agreement of a 3 year plan for promotion and I hope that he's given the time he needs to build a title winning side. There are some Pearson type players already there but I expect he'll be shipping out some of the overrated wastermen in the squad.

I wish him well and it will be interesting to see him back on the touchline (or stand!) next season.

Agree with you. He couldn't handle the added nonsense that came with being a Premier League club and tactically he was found out at times. Derby should worry about that when they get here. Until then I don't think they should care about his antics with us.

Also, when we got promoted our challengers were Burnley and QPR. Now for Pearson it's Newcastle and Villa. 2 bigger clubs with bigger resources and in Benitez the best manager in that division. It'll be much harder for him this time.

lacks a bit of class too going to our neighbours

Wow , words fail me

I can't see Nige tolerating the chairman coming into the changing room and bollocking the players.

He would strangle him and get Wassa to batter the FECK out of him

"It's very rare that you actually inherit a football club as a manager in a very positive position" - Nigel Pearson on Ranieri taking a Leicester side who finished 14th to the top of the premier league the next January.

No doubting how much weight Pearson places on taking over a side doing well, then. Derby finished 5th last year. Money where your mouth is time, Nigel.

Good luck to him, hope he does well, but not too well, with it being Derby and all. Big job for him getting promoted out of that league next season though, that's for sure.

Hoping Agent Big Nige will sell their best players and get them relegated.

But i do wish him every success. He's very likeable and i want him to do well

De laet for 500k and Matty James season long loan maybe?

Interested to see how he does without Shakey & Walsh, obviously theres loads of different circumstances besides that and Derby have failure hard-grained into their DNA.

Would also like to know the specifics on when his contract legally ran out here because there were murmurings mid-season when Villa were open that teams were after him but had a hard time because hes been on a kind of gardening leave and obviously not being able to take the dynamic duo with him.

Will watch from afar, hope it goes tits up and Nige comes off well with some money in his pocket. F off Derby ;)

Can see him taking them up next season. Anyone know the current odds?

12/1. (They are the best odds you can get at the moment with SkyBet according to Oddschecker)

I'll wait a few weeks but think i'll be having some on it.

Archived